Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
So to update everyone who are hunting for a 2-slot compatible 3080 (or 3090,....good luck) for their T1, EVGA moderator on their forums got the GPU width data out finally for the XC3

Thickness of the 3090/3080 XC3 models with backplate (XC3 Ultra/XC3) is 1.78in. - 45.1mm.
Thickness of the 3090/3080 XC3 models without backplate (XC3 Black) is 1.61in. - 40.9mm.

40.9 vs 39.2

Goddamnit..
considering the size of the heatsinks required to keep these new gen of cards under control I fully expect no factory air cooled card to fit in 2 slot mode, but happy to be proven wrong

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
(don't ask why the 2nd card is only under 60% load, I don't know why).
because SLI is dead man. they don't even put SLI fingers on the 3080 no more ?

Anyone consider going with the EVGA Hydro Copper? What are the pros and cons of going with EVGA Hydro vs. aftermarket GPU water blocks from EK or the likes?

I'm waiting for Big Navi but will definitely going for something like the Liquid Devil RX6900XT. Not sure about which blocks EVGA uses but the 5700XT Liquid Devil uses EK's block and even being sold on EK's web shop. So quality would not be a concern at all, though you'd better check with EVGA directly on exactly how the Hydro Copper is made and which block is used there. There are 2 things IMO to consider (somebody add more if I miss anything)
  • Re-sell value: In Vietnam which is where I'm at, if you buy an aircooled card and then install a waterblock, that voids all warranty and basically destroy any re-sell premiums over WC-version anyway. In other countries it may not be the case, so you may still want an aircooled card over the WC-version
  • Absolute performance: I don't think AMD does this for its reference design but it is quite widely know that Nvidia's FE cards have the best binned cores, which is why many enthusiasts hunt them down to put waterblocks on.

Reactions: ten13th

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I think we have a madness around here that isn't dissuaded by concerns of fitment. I'm gonna stuff that soft curved, red highlighted, RGB brick into my case one way or another.

I understand that but from my experience both the 1080ti FTW and if I'm not mistaken the 2080ti FTW cards were too big for the ghost (2018) and the T1 (2020). I don't want anyone to run into issues where it's 3 mm too tall without taking consideration for the wires and having the lid not fit on the case because the card and the wires are sticking out 6 or so mm

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
All the EK aios bulge in 3 slot mode, but not in 2 slot mode. And if the CM requires molex for just the RGB and not the pump, then I see that as a win!
Thats not true according to a a few people.

Fits just fine.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thats not true according to a a few people.

Fits just fine.

Well well well, this is very good news
Might depend on the MB though, but seems like it fits perfectly with no bulge

Reactions: SSJ4 and DrHudacris

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
I went through a lot of the specs on the 3090 and 3080 cards, it looks like the MSI Ventus 3X, the EVGA XC3, Asus TUF series, and the Inno3D Gaming X3 should all fit with relative ease. Granted, I'm primarily looking at the 3080 models, but the 3090 models seem to have very similar, if not the same specs for these particular models. Keep in mind the memory modules on the rear of the 3090 pcb may cause issues, but we wont know without someone being crazy enough to try.

EDIT: The FTW3 should also fit, but if you want to be safe before it arrives you could always buy a few of these

Last edited:

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Well well well, this is very good news
Might depend on the MB though, but seems like it fits perfectly with no bulge
Yeh it is good news.

Im building 2 systems. 1 for me and 1 for my brother. I told him to buy the ek aio and was intending to run his build in 2 slot mode. But since none of the 3000 series custom cards are true 2 slot so far it forces us to run 3 slot. Thankfully there is plenty of room.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I went through a lot of the specs on the 3090 and 3080 cards, it looks like the MSI Ventus 3X, the EVGA XC3, Asus TUF series, and the Inno3D Gaming X3 should all fit with relative ease. Granted, I'm primarily looking at the 3080 models, but the 3090 models seem to have very similar, if not the same specs for these particular models. Keep in mind the memory modules on the rear of the 3090 pcb may cause issues, but we wont know without someone being crazy enough to try.

EDIT: The FTW3 should also fit, but if you want to be safe before it arrives you could always buy a few of these
I'm not sure if the Asus Strix cards will fit, but I did notice that they have recessed power connectors, so if the shroud can fit in the case, then there shouldn't be a problem with the power connectors making the card too tall to fit.

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I understand that but from my experience both the 1080ti FTW and if I'm not mistaken the 2080ti FTW cards were too big for the ghost (2018) and the T1 (2020). I don't want anyone to run into issues where it's 3 mm too tall without taking consideration for the wires and having the lid not fit on the case because the card and the wires are sticking out 6 or so mm
The 1080ti FTW fits just fine, and the maker of the case showed off that the 2080ti FTW fits too. You must be thinking of some other card.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

Lallo

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2018
I'm looking for a new sff case and I see that if I preorder now, I won't get my case until in December.
I can't really decide between colors so I wonder if there are any photos of the different colors other than the photos on the website? For example, I would like to see the e-white color with components inside so I see how much of theblack componentsare visible through the mesh.

AbsoluteRecoil

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 23, 2020

PSLATE cable come in.

Can't close case using LT-SOLO as Res+Pump combo.

Waiting on Performance PC's restock DC-Lt2600. They send me DOA.

Have 3 option for 2600.

Primochill RSX hardtube fittings BIG disappointment.
One, I hope for darker Magenta. This more pink than Magenta.
Two, fitting top part that screws into o-ring feel cheap. Feel like cheap plastic, even though website say aluminium. I don't believe.

AbsoluteRecoil

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 23, 2020
Also forgot to say, reason that one tube look diffirent than other is because ribbed tube is fuel line left over from motorcycle. Had to shave ID with X-acto but work nicely! Great tubing, 100% kink free because inside braided somehow.

Question; is small form factor solutions for POWER cables? Using thinner gauge wire for 120V cable can make more room.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020

PSLATE cable come in.

Can't close case using LT-SOLO as Res+Pump combo.

Waiting on Performance PC's restock DC-Lt2600. They send me DOA.

Have 3 option for 2600.

Primochill RSX hardtube fittings BIG disappointment.
One, I hope for darker Magenta. This more pink than Magenta.
Two, fitting top part that screws into o-ring feel cheap. Feel like cheap plastic, even though website say aluminium. I don't believe.
Love your current pump solution, just have the pump block hanging off the side. You say your waiting for the 2600 pump to be back in stock, why dont you just remove the pump out of the lt solo, i belive the cpu pump block also has a 2600 in it. Also alpha cool should be coming out with their 2nd gen dc-lt pumps (the new pumps are in the new aurora aios). Id suggest temporarily using the pump out of the lt solo, and then upgrading to the newer pump later on

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018
Love your current pump solution, just have the pump block hanging off the side. You say your waiting for the 2600 pump to be back in stock, why dont you just remove the pump out of the lt solo, i belive the cpu pump block also has a 2600 in it. Also alpha cool should be coming out with their 2nd gen dc-lt pumps (the new pumps are in the new aurora aios). Id suggest temporarily using the pump out of the lt solo, and then upgrading to the newer pump later on
Exactly my thoughts! I saw a thread once showing exactly the upgrade path from lt240 to EK block + lt2600 + ST25

Reactions: ciaran clare

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019

Anyone has thoughts ono MSI vs EVGA vs ASUS purely on past performance of the individual board series and overall company track record? Might not be able to wait for reviews with the 3090..

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Anyone has thoughts ono MSI vs EVGA vs ASUS purely on past performance of the individual board series and overall company track record? Might not be able to wait for reviews with the 3090..

Past president can be a very misleading metric to base future projections on. For example, MSIs Pascal cards (GamingX, etc) were fantastic but their Turing and Navi cards were only mediocre or bad (poor thermal pads on Navi). Asus has had similar inconsistencies, and you end up paying the ROG tax. EVGA has had the fairly consistent performance since their capacitor fiasco on the original ICX designs. But that doesn't guarantee that their new cards wont have flaws.

For $1500+ I am strongly in the camp of "wait for reviews". Last thing I'd want is to have to RMA a card on day one and wait an extra 2-3 weeks to use it anyway.

Reactions: Fitchew and rfarmer