Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Since we're bound with the PCIE-3 riser cable (for now), I wonder how the RTX 3000 series will do with RTX I/O. If it's just rendering games, it will possibly run just fine but if it does both rendering and RTX/IO, I wonder if it'll be bandwidth-starved?

Also, with the length of the PCB revealed, this opens up the ability to use larger res/pump combos than the DDC/Magic Block! Super exciting!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
Since we're bound with the PCIE-3 riser cable (for now), I wonder how the RTX 3000 series will do with RTX I/O. If it's just rendering games, it will possibly run just fine but if it does both rendering and RTX/IO, I wonder if it'll be bandwidth-starved?

Also, with the length of the PCB revealed, this opens up the ability to use larger res/pump combos than the DDC/Magic Block! Super exciting!

We’re targeting getting a development preview of DirectStorage into the hands of game developers next year.
This is from Microsoft. DirectStorage isn't coming any time soon. By 2021 there will be more and better options for PCIe 4 risers.

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
A bit bummed the EVGA FTW wont fit. Is it just me, or do their cards keep getting uglier and uglier with each generation? Seems like almost every card from every AIB this gen is asthetically vomit-inducing. Really wish that founders 3090 was just a few mm shorter so it could fit

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
Anyone consider going with the EVGA Hydro Copper? What are the pros and cons of going with EVGA Hydro vs. aftermarket GPU water blocks from EK or the likes?

harder to sell on the used market. Other than that, they are usually pretty highly binned cards and good picks. With aftermarket blocks you can put back on the air cooler for better resale. Buying a card and putting a block on it later will be more expensive in the long run.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I know everyone is excited like a little school girl about the new cards. Before you even consider buying one for this case, MAKE SURE IT FITS!!! Don't go for the one you want, go for the one which works for this case or you will be mad when it doesn't work out and you will have to spend more money on another card. I AM LOOKING AT YOU @ten13th!

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MEASUREMENTS AND THEN CHECK THEM AGAIN BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I keep seeing people say the 3000 FTW3 is too wide/tall. Where are the measurements listed? They aren't on EVGA's site.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
A bit bummed the EVGA FTW wont fit. Is it just me, or do their cards keep getting uglier and uglier with each generation? Seems like almost every card from every AIB this gen is asthetically vomit-inducing. Really wish that founders 3090 was just a few mm shorter so it could fit
Surprisingly, I don't hate the MSI stuff.

Reactions: Killinger and PKAWA

ten13th

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2020
I know everyone is excited like a little school girl about the new cards. Before you even consider buying one for this case, MAKE SURE IT FITS!!! Don't go for the one you want, go for the one which works for this case or you will be mad when it doesn't work out and you will have to spend more money on another card. I AM LOOKING AT YOU @ten13th!

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MEASUREMENTS AND THEN CHECK THEM AGAIN BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!

Did you talked to my wife or my accountant? ?

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I think the FTW3 will fit per this post: https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3073192

Also, to answer about half the questions in this thread:
Currently no pre-order planned. Similarly, no pricing is available at this time.
Like the US store, we cannot generally comment on availability at this time for the EU store. Availability, however, will not be any sooner than the dates NVIDIA mentioned for each GPU.
  • HYBRID, HC, and KPE cards will come a bit later than the XC3 and FTW3 cards. No ETA to give you, which is probably your next question.
  • HYBRIDs will be 240mm, except for KPE HYBRID, whch will be 360mm. No plans for a 120mm HYBRID at this time.
  • HYBRIDs will be 2 Slot.
  • XC3 cards will all be 2.2 slots. Length is 11.23in. - 285.37mm / Height is 4.38in. - 111.15 mm.
  • FTW3 cards will be 2.75 slots. Length is 11.81in. - 300mm / Height is 5.38in. - 136.75mm.
  • There will be an EVGA NVLINK. No ETA at this time.
  • Since I've seen this mentioned incorrectly, all cards are 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI.
  • PowerLink is expected to work with the XC3 models. For obvious reasons, it will not work with the 3090/3080 FTW3 cards due to the number of PCIe power connectors. Either way, we will have the compatibility list updated when the cards are available on the website.
  • Step-Up will begin when cards are available. Products will not be listed prior to general availability. I would expect one of the XC3 models will be listed for availability, but we will make that decision prior to general availability.
  • I'm not sure why people assume bots are buying cards over regular people. It was a popular reason for why 20-Series cards were always out of stock, which completely ignored literal supply and demand issues (lots of people wanted them, but there weren't many initially). Yes, there are per person quantity caps for each card. Yes, we require captcha to login, which is also required to create a profile. This should help to comfort some of you.

The dimensions of the GTX 1080 ti FTW3 are:
Height: 5.618in - 142.69mm
Length: 11.8in - 299.72mm
Width: Dual Slot

We know the 1080 ti FTW3 fits.

The dimensions of the RTX 3000 series FTW3 are, based on that post:
Height: 5.38in - 136.75mm
Length: 11.81in - 300mm
Width: 2.75 slots

So some quick math 142.69mm - 136.75mm = 5.94mm more clearance than the 1080ti FTW3

T1's dimension diagram shows 140mm to strut and 151mm to top panel. Thus, there is 3.25mm clearance to strut and 14.25mm clearance to top panel for the 3000 series FTW3.
The biggest issue is that the connectors aren't recessed, but that's also the case with the 1080ti FTW3, and we know that card fits.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@gwertheim how are your temps in the dual 1080 ti build.
That's me actually! And temps are toasty. Side panels in in heaven loop until steady state coolant temp reached 59.7C (but my small office warmed up during this, started at 25C and by the end 29-30C. This is just stressing GPUs, very little load on CPU. What I can tell you is have some good air conditioning while gaming... My cards are undervolted and have a combined draw of 330 watts (don't ask why the 2nd card is only under 60% load, I don't know why).

Thermal data is at the end of the imgur album.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I think the FTW3 will fit per this post: https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3073192

The dimensions of the GTX 1080 ti FTW3 are:
Height: 5.618in - 142.69mm
Length: 11.8in - 299.72mm
Width: Dual Slot

We know the 1080 ti FTW3 fits.

The dimensions of the RTX 3000 series FTW3 are, based on that post:
Height: 5.38in - 136.75mm
Length: 11.81in - 300mm
Width: 2.75 slots

So some quick math 142.69mm - 136.75mm = 5.94mm more clearance than the 1080ti FTW3

T1's dimension diagram shows 140mm to strut and 151mm to top panel. Thus, there is 3.25mm clearance to strut and 14.25mm clearance to top panel for the 3000 series FTW3.
The biggest issue is that the connectors aren't recessed, but that's also the case with the 1080ti FTW3, and we know that card fits.

I would avoid the FTW cards for sff, they never fit in the cases properly

Reactions: ManaNeko

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
That's me actually! And temps are toasty. Side panels in in heaven loop until steady state coolant temp reached 59.7C (but my small office warmed up during this, started at 25C and by the end 29-30C. This is just stressing GPUs, very little load on CPU. What I can tell you is have some good air conditioning while gaming... My cards are undervolted and have a combined draw of 330 watts (don't ask why the 2nd card is only under 60% load, I don't know why).

Thermal data is at the end of the imgur album.
It will be very interesting too see how the 3080s and 3090 peform thermally then considering they have a similar TDP, i have a suspicion a slim 240 rad like the alphacool or the EK (i say these ones as their the easiest to fit) may not be able to handle both the cpu and gpu comfortably, may be better air cooling cpu? Cant wait to see how these perform. (im sure @fabio will grab a 3090 and throw it into his rig to see how it performs)

Nhilros

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2020
So to update everyone who are hunting for a 2-slot compatible 3080 (or 3090,....good luck) for their T1, EVGA moderator on their forums got the GPU width data out finally for the XC3

Thickness of the 3090/3080 XC3 models with backplate (XC3 Ultra/XC3) is 1.78in. - 45.1mm.
Thickness of the 3090/3080 XC3 models without backplate (XC3 Black) is 1.61in. - 40.9mm.

40.9 vs 39.2

Goddamnit..