Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
138mm height. Juat 2mm shy of maxing that ou as well. IF it fits, it will be very snugg.
Some custom cnc work on the middle strut of the case should do it.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Available size is 312,40mm. The card is 313 so that leaves just 0,60mm. I'm sure some VERY light cnc work will make this card feel right at home.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
im really confused what you mean right now. What exactly do you mean by, "will...not...need"?

Its not about what is needed, its about what fits!

When it comes to video production, rendering time makes a difference. So I told him to start out with 1 card and if he needs more power, he will get a second card and if the T1 doesn't fit his needs, I will buy it from him and we'll look for another case.

I am building his computer for a specific use case which requires power way beyond what is needed to run a game. If you are rendering a 90 min movie, there will be a significant time difference between 1 vs 2 cards.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
This hit me like a truck..just built this yesterday!

Im sorry, didnt mean to upset you

The front frame could be mirrored (vertical bar on PSU side) and this could be potential revision/accessory.

you might not be able to answer this but are we likely to see revisions or accessories on the T1, the ncase has been through a hunddred different versions since its release as its improved, however due to the whole concept of the T1 and building it yourself, it would be really cool to see simple upgrades (like buying just a front pannel, or just a gpu bracket ect) rather than having a whole new case

When it comes to video production, rendering time makes a difference. So I told him to start out with 1 card and if he needs more power, he will get a second card and if the T1 doesn't fit his needs, I will buy it from him and we'll look for another case.

I am building his computer for a specific use case which requires power way beyond what is needed to run a game. If you are rendering a 90 min movie, there will be a significant time difference between 1 vs 2 cards.

I think my joke may have been lost a little their ( i do indeed know what you mean by something not being needed), i was just pointing out that you, @fabio and @DrHudacris and the likes feel as if you need to cram as much power as you can into the T1 ?

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Those cards have massive shrouds on them. How long is the card with a custom water block? That's the question...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Short enough to fit in almost any SFF case out there. The main problem is the height of the waterblocks with the terminals, because the terminals might make certain blocks (like the ones for the 3090) too tall to fit.
Exactly! I hope EKWB will release a block for the 3090 like they did recently for the 2080 ti, with the fittings threads ON the GPU block and not on the top. Let’s see in the next weeks!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Exactly! I hope EKWB will release a block for the 3090 like they did recently for the 2080 ti, with the fittings threads ON the GPU block and not on the top. Let’s see in the next weeks!

Or just make your own. Here is my old 1070 where I did just that.

Nhilros

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2020
I don't have the T1 yet, it's e-white and ordered for early november, so excuse me if i ask for something "obvious" but,

If i want to keep 2-slot configuration for the CPU cooler Noctua NL-12S, 3080 FE seems to be the only 2-slot so far? I've looked at nearly all AIB and they are 2.5, 2.7.. or hybrid.

So let's say, 2 slot T1 configuration, with a 3080 FE. Risers for pushing the SFX PSU further away but wiring as if there were no risers would be the logical step? That created gap for the fan exhaust, would "maybe" have sufficient space to be exhausted by the top fans?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I don't have the T1 yet, it's e-white and ordered for early november, so excuse me if i ask for something "obvious" but,

If i want to keep 2-slot configuration for the CPU cooler Noctua NL-12S, 3080 FE seems to be the only 2-slot so far? I've looked at nearly all AIB and they are 2.5, 2.7.. or hybrid.

So let's say, 2 slot T1 configuration, with a 3080 FE. Risers for pushing the SFX PSU further away but wiring as if there were no risers would be the logical step? That created gap for the fan exhaust, would "maybe" have sufficient space to be exhausted by the top fans?
I think EVGA has some 2 slot cards with 3 fans and a more traditional cooling solution, though some of the air still does go through the entire card like the FE, but not as extreme.
But if you were to get the FE card, spacing the PSU to 3 slot mode using the standoffs would be best I would assume. The more room for air to move the better.

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Now it's between the somewhat underwhelming amount of vram on the 3080 and the insane specs of the 3090 with equal pricing.
just hold your horses for now. there's a clear GIANT gap in the product stack that Nvidia is reserving to see how RNDA2 comes out and about. Depending on how urgent it is needed, I would expect up to 3 more SKUs in the next 6 month to fill that gap, like 12/16/20 GB VRAM, with the cores being 3080 Super/Ti or whatever Nvidia comes up with this time. then you can make a better decision on which to put in the T1

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

As @Navic mentioned, EVGA has 2 slot triple fan models for all 3 cards. Look for the XC3 versions.

like 12/16/20 GB VRAM, with the cores being 3080 Super/Ti

3085. You saw it here first, folks.

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
Hey guys, my case will arrive sometime within the next month or so. These new GPU's look tasty, but I'm wondering what the logical consensus is here. Originally considered a 240mm rad given my current 2080 is a blower style.

I'm not keen on doing a custom loop (not this year anyway). So now I'm thinking a 120mm rad + 120mm Noctua-based exhaust fan might be the way to go for an open-air style card like these new cards. Is there a preference for 120mm rad+exhaust fan combo's out there?

Was looking at the H60 originally, then saw the EK unit which also caught my eye. This will be my first water-cooling experience, and i'm a little wary of reliability + case compatibility. Thoughts/recommendations?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys, my case will arrive sometime within the next month or so. These new GPU's look tasty, but I'm wondering what the logical consensus is here. Originally considered a 240mm rad given my current 2080 is a blower style.

I'm not keen on doing a custom loop (not this year anyway). So now I'm thinking a 120mm rad + 120mm Noctua-based exhaust fan might be the way to go for an open-air style card like these new cards. Is there a preference for 120mm rad+exhaust fan combo's out there?

Was looking at the H60 originally, then saw the EK unit which also caught my eye. This will be my first water-cooling experience, and i'm a little wary of reliability + case compatibility. Thoughts/recommendations?
I recommend staying away from the H60, as there is absolutely no control for the pump or the lighting, and it requires SATA power, which other AIOs do not. Look into the EK 120 d-rgb or CoolerMaster ML120, both will fit in 3 slot mode, though the EK will make the side panel bulge out slightly, but it is not very noticeable unless you are really looking for it.