Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
what is the width now? Will you sand down more?
131.2mm, which is fine. So I’ll leave that there. But I’ve just removed the fan mounting plates from the top side which has given me an extra 5mm of room for fan thickness! Not enough to add thicker fans, but enough for good clearance, and I might actually be able to screw the rad in now.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
131.2mm, which is fine. So I’ll leave that there. But I’ve just removed the fan mounting plates from the top side which has given me an extra 5mm of room for fan thickness! Not enough to add thicker fans, but enough for good clearance, and I might actually be able to screw the rad in now.
basically resting the radiator on the side struts right? 131.2mm width so no more side panel bulge. that's a fit in my book, well done!

Reactions: DrHudacris

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Does anyone know magic cube + DDC height?

I want to learn this too.

Now I have EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, and will get Magic Cube Top this week/next week, then I can measure.

What I wonder is, can this combo fit into motherboard side in 2 slot GPU mode.

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
What's the difference between 1T Plus and the 3.25? My guess is 1T Plus has lower RPM, thus lower power consumption and noise?

For reference, Alphacool puts up this picture on their product page:

I'm pretty sure I saw a Laing (Xylem) document comparing all DDC pumps and saying that; T1 Plus & 3.20 PWM are the same thing. (Both18W Pumps)

T1 and 3.20 designation is just regional.

I will try to find this comparison chart, I'm not %100 sure.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Now I have EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, and will get Magic Cube Top this week/next week, then I can measure.

fabio is using the combo in 2 slot mode, but I think he's using standoffs to bring the PSU closer to the side panel so that there's more width for the combo

I'm pretty sure I saw a Laing (Xylem) document comparing all DDC pumps and saying that; T1 Plus & 3.20 PWM are the same thing. (Both18W Pumps)

T1 and 3.20 designation is just regional.

I will try to find this comparison chart, I'm not %100 sure.
the Alphacool picture shows different max flow rate and pressure head so I don't think it's just regional naming. would be great if you can find those charts ?

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
fabio is using the combo in 2 slot mode, but I think he's using standoffs to bring the PSU closer to the side panel so that there's more width for the combo

the Alphacool picture shows different max flow rate and pressure head so I don't think it's just regional naming. would be great if you can find those charts ?

In the picture it's comparing 3.25 and T1 series.

3.20 and T1 Plus are 18W.

3.25 might be 20W.

I'll try to find this document:)

Reactions: thelaughingman

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020

Finished my build (for now). In the next few weeks I plan to move external rad under desk and install acrylic hard tubing.

Two tone with TX240, 2xNoctua A12x15, 1x Noctua A12x25 internal. Alphacool XT45 280, 2xSilent Wings 3 140, EK Revo D5 100 external.

MSI Mech OC 5700xt
Asus Z390-I
Trident 32gb 3200 RAM
Corsair SF750
Couple of m.2 drives
Bykski GPU & CPU block
Mixed fittings & 10/16 soft tubing

Silent under load with stock GPU/CPU temps sitting under 60, fans 600-900 RPM, pump 2000RPM.

I’ll be interested to see how it performs when I install DC-LT 2600 pump internally and connect QDCs at rear for ‘pure internal’ operation.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Does anyone know magic cube + DDC height?

you have quite a few things to consider. this might be a tad older but the 3.1 ddc and 3.2 ddc have the same dimensions (see here: https://www.pumpvendor.com/media/laing/Laing_DDC_Series.pdf). You don't want to include anything for the measurements but the stator. which is just the black housing on the bottom. Mine measures at 21-22 (i don't have calipers). Then you measure the height of the magic cube which is 62 x 62 x 25. So we are looking at roughly 46-47mm. this is the part that may vary and it's tough to give you the percise measurements but some of the mounting screws won't be flush with pump (ek) but i'm going to guess the magic cube comes with mounting screws. The alphacool block with the same measurements did but i had to use nuts in order for the pressure to be correct. I'm guessing you won't have this issue.

@gwertheim if you can find the discontinued 3.1 ddc made by ek that is the go to. this is the pump @fabio has recommended when first testing and recommended the ddc t1 plus because it is in stock and quieter than the 3.2 and the performace is still great. both the laing ddc t1 plus and 3.1 ddc run at 12v which is why they are so close in their performance and noise profile. it probably isn't worth the hassle to find the 3.1 but only having one cable for the pump is one of the biggest benefits for me

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
you have quite a few things to consider. this might be a tad older but the 3.1 ddc and 3.2 ddc have the same dimensions (see here: https://www.pumpvendor.com/media/laing/Laing_DDC_Series.pdf). You don't want to include anything for the measurements but the stator. which is just the black housing on the bottom. Mine measures at 21-22 (i don't have calipers). Then you measure the height of the magic cube which is 62 x 62 x 25. So we are looking at roughly 46-47mm. this is the part that may vary and it's tough to give you the percise measurements but some of the mounting screws won't be flush with pump (ek) but i'm going to guess the magic cube comes with mounting screws. The alphacool block with the same measurements did but i had to use nuts in order for the pressure to be correct. I'm guessing you won't have this issue.

@gwertheim if you can find the discontinued 3.1 ddc made by ek that is the go to. this is the pump @fabio has recommended when first testing and recommended the ddc t1 plus because it is in stock and quieter than the 3.2 and the performace is still great. both the laing ddc t1 plus and 3.1 ddc run at 12v which is why they are so close in their performance and noise profile. it probably isn't worth the hassle to find the 3.1 but only having one cable for the pump is one of the biggest benefits for me

Why you Americans won't take my loonies is beyond me. They ain't stripper singles but they are just as good.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
After fiddling for a while, I realized something and gave a big middle finger to MSI: the Z490i Unify has two 5V RGB Header, while the EK GPU block has a 12V RGB connector. Anyway, how do you guys remove the LED cover from the block ?

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
After fiddling for a while, I realized something and gave a big middle finger to MSI: the Z490i Unify has two 5V RGB Header, while the EK GPU block has a 12V RGB connector. Anyway, how do you guys remove the LED cover from the block ?
i like that the manual calls it 2x3 pin Rainbow Led connectors. what block to you have? i'm pretty sure there are d-rgb upgrade kits. it you don't want the rgb the upgrade kit shows you how to take it off as well.

Edit: maybe this won't help you? i'm seeing all the new blocks with d-rgb so I'm guessing that this information is useless to you. sorry about that

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
This is the block that I have
Also looking at the manual, I can tell that mine is different as there are no screws on the stickout, so I guess I’m out of options but to live with it. Ironically, the Z490i Strix board that I sold a few days ago has the 12V Header ...

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
This is the block that I have
Also looking at the manual, I can tell that mine is different as there are no screws on the stickout, so I guess I’m out of options but to live with it. Ironically, the Z490i Strix board that I sold a few days ago has the 12V Header ...
idk the block you sent is referenced in the paragraph as being compatible with that upgrade kit and it looks like it has the screws in the exact same spot from the pics. i think the kit will work. but it's your block you would know best. also i found a ton more kits my first link was limited. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=d-rgb+upgrade

Last edited:

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
@pwnedundies Do you know if the alphacool DDC-1T Plus PWM is the same as the EK one? I know Fabio specifically said the EK makes less noise, while he mentioned the non-PWM alphacool is loud.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
@pwnedundies Do you know if the alphacool DDC-1T Plus PWM is the same as the EK one? I know Fabio specifically said the EK makes less noise, while he mentioned the non-PWM alphacool is loud.
no the 3.1 ddc that ek produced is not the same. i'm not sure anyone produced the same spec pump that ek did. alphacool doesn't produce the DDC-1T Plus PWM they just sell it (i'm pretty sure). they do sell their own branded ddc310 pwm which does run at roughly 9v and a range of 8-13v. I have no experience with this pump but two of the version come with heatsinks.

this is the ek pump for future reference https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-3-1-pwm-incl-pump

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
idk the block you sent is referenced in the paragraph as being compatible with that upgrade kit and it looks like it has the screws in the exact same spot from the pics. i think the kit will work. but it's your block you would know best. also i found a ton more kits my first link was limited. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=d-rgb+upgrade

I take my word back, after another inspection, yup, there are screws on the underside (the backplate was distracting me from seeing it). Thanks for the info