Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
That undervolt is way too low for a 2080ti IMO. My 2080 Super has an undervolt of 919 mV and I found this to be stable in everything I do, and I can't go any lower. Of course, undervolts are like overclocks, in the way that each card is different, but most of the 20 series undervolts I've seen are usually above 900 mV
I also have a 2080 Super and it is stable at 900 mV, I tired 875 but wasn't stable. I would try that 2080Ti at 900 mV.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Has anyone tried this similar set up with a 240 rad in a custom loop? Will I get better temp than my current set up? I doubt CPU and GPU heat load will soak up the small radiator. (CPU 100 W GPU 260W in game)
This is what I will do next, except my GPU is the EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra. Btw what is your 10900K undervolt settings, both BIOS and XTU ? I left things on Default and set a -35mV offset and things are looking somewhat OK with my NZXT X53 (Cinebench maxes out at 84C, Blender at 89C) but go any lower then I will start seeing random reboot. The rest of my watercooling components will arrive this Friday so I can start fiddling around soon

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Well, this is my cable management an AIO installation.. Will try to figure out with new sleeve and other strategy, since I'm not a builder like @fabio , will try another custom loop until tax is free also ampere/big nave not more than US$ 800 :v .

This is EKWB with noctua and alphacool fans >_<

Please ignore my desk once again :D

@Wahaha360, i will be waiting P1 so badly..

@Wahaha360 do the 4x3mm side panel magnets need an adhesive?

You can use double tape for adhesive.

Last edited:

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
That is a very sexy GPU!

Custom loop will definitely help. 360 watts isn't too bad for a 240 radiator.

But I've got a question about your undervolt. If the voltage set that low crashes it in sometimes, why not turn the voltage up to 900-950mV? I've never owned a 2080 ti, so what is it's stock voltage? Any reduction will help as long as it's stable.

I've tried 900mV, it's stable but not much reduction in temperature.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Anyone know of a pcie 4.0 nvme extension? I would like to relocate the sabrent rocket nvme as it gets pretty hot and the rise cable is right on it.

Thanks!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Well, this is my cable management an AIO installation.. Will try to figure out with new sleeve and other strategy, since I'm not a builder like @fabio , will try another custom loop until tax is free also ampere/big nave not more than US$ 800 :v .

This is EKWB with noctua and alphacool fans >_<

Please ignore my desk once again :D

@Wahaha360, i will be waiting P1 so badly..

You can use double tape for adhesive.
X570-I Gaming board and Vengeance LPX? how's the pump fitting pushing against the RAM? I couldn't leave mine like that so I had to rotate the block and have the tube coming out of the rear IO side

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
X570-I Gaming board and Vengeance LPX?

Yes, haha.. Asus and Corsair fans >_< want to buy asrock B550 but price going crazy in here.

how's the pump fitting pushing against the RAM? I couldn't leave mine like that so I had to rotate the block and have the tube coming out of the rear IO side

IDK man, can't answer but there is no problem with that.. I just set under RAM, to be honest need 3 times to configure cable management since cable touch the fans.

Reactions: thelaughingman

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
There is so much in this thread, I tried searching ... but oh my ... how is the durability of the T1? does it show scuffs, nicks, fingerprints, etc? Is the finish similar to the M1?

Ok now here comes the blasphemous part - can it be powdercoated, what are the tolerances?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
yeah, I figure B550 boards have much higher margins than X570, no brands in VN have X570 in stock anymore, they're all pushing for B550 now, which sucks big time!
Limited Stock everywhere.. unless trying to keep money until next year.. haha..

There is so much in this thread, I tried searching ... but oh my ... how is the durability of the T1? does it show scuffs, nicks, fingerprints, etc? Is the finish similar to the M1?

Ok now here comes the blasphemous part - can it be powdercoated, what are the tolerances?

Durability?
1. Build quality is great, @Wahaha360 is founder of Ncase M1
2. Fingerprints? Everycase with black color always leave finger print for me >_<

This case like build RC or Lego, depends your hobby :D

Reactions: DrHudacris

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
Durability?
1. Build quality is great, @Wahaha360 is founder of Ncase M1
2. Fingerprints? Everycase with black color always leave finger print for me >_<

This case like build RC or Lego, depends your hobby :D

Thanks for your answer. I had/have many black cases, and only M1 shows fingerprints on it because of the anodiez finish. I know who makes the case, I was just inquiring about durability. M1 shows a screw mark, and scuffs just when you look at it wrong, and even though I'm super careful there is always something - I've had the V5 and now I have the V6.1 which I have not build in yet. I had no fingerprint "issue" with 3 of the Sliger cases I own because they were powdercoated or at least had a different finish - that's why I was asking if powdercoating was possible and tolerances which would allow/not allow such finish. I'd say building this case is more like IKEA than LEGO, but to each is own ?

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Thanks for your answer. I had/have many black cases, and only M1 shows fingerprints on it because of the anodiez finish. I know who makes the case, I was just inquiring about durability. M1 shows a screw mark, and scuffs just when you look at it wrong, and even though I'm super careful there is always something - I've had the V5 and now I have the V6.1 which I have not build in yet. I had no fingerprint "issue" with 3 of the Sliger cases I own because they were powdercoated or at least had a different finish - that's why I was asking if powdercoating was possible and tolerances which would allow/not allow such finish. I'd say building this case is more like IKEA than LEGO, but to each is own ?
IKEA is also right in a sense, LEGO just comes to my mind quicker haha
I have the black variant and it does show fingerprints but you can easily wipe it off with a microfiber cloth, nothing major at all. The tolerance is super tight on all the pieces, I've already scratched up the inner of a lot of the parts. But that was me tinkering with the case for 4-6 hours everyday for the past week. If you just build once and leave it I don't think it will be a problem at all. If you do powder coat on top of the anodization, I guess the area where the pieces meet will scratch all that paint away anyways, due to the tight tolerances mentioned. But for the outer area you should be fine.

Reactions: iksretep

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

Yeah, thats why I put another cloth upside my table.. Haha.. even with Ghost, I didnt care so much. I'm agree, build T1 like assembling your IKEA furniture.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Because of the oils on your skin, fingerprints cannot be avoided on anything you own unless you wear gloves. It's unavoidable

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Nooooo! Don't powder coat! At least go with something high quality like cerakote.

Another benefit of cerakote over powder coat is it's thinner layer, so should maintain the tolerances better.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
yes, I put some glue on mine

Ease of build is about the same, I've used both boards and sticking with the Strix, whereas @fabio had both in the T1 each for a period of time and now sticks with the Aorus. It's more or less which one has the features that you want more
The Aorus, despite the number of ports, has way better chipset temp! The VRM I cannot say anything, because Asus for some reason has blocked the reading of the temp on this board.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The Aorus, despite the number of ports, has way better chipset temp! The VRM I cannot say anything, because Asus for some reason has blocked the reading of the temp on this board.
I had to install the chipset or general MB drivers before I could see my Asus VRM temps. I can't remember exactly how I got them, but I remember I had to install some driver. Maybe it was a BIOS update as well.