Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hello everyone, I was one of the lucky few who managed to snag a T1 yesterday.

I've been casually lurking this thread for a while now, and I think I've decided that I want to go for a 240mm AIO (most likely the H100i). Most of the 240 AIO builds I have seen use 2 x 15mm fans, but I am seeing mixed results of whether or not it fits. The FAQ states that there is 41 mm of rad + fan clearance, while Optimum Tech claims that there is 43 mm. Is the clearance dependent on the motherboard, or is there some other factor I am not considering?

41mm is official. You could probably stretch another 5mm depending on how much force you want to apply to the top panel and how much you're ok with bulging and bending.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tkk

Case Bender
New User
Aug 8, 2020
41mm is official. You could probably stretch another 5mm depending on how much force you want to apply to the top panel and how much you're ok with bulging and bending.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm unsure about how okay I am with bending / bulging components too much... I may have to opt for a 120 AIO instead. Would an H60 be sufficient for a stock 3700x?

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm unsure about how okay I am with bending / bulging components too much... I may have to opt for a 120 AIO instead. Would an H60 be sufficient for a stock 3700x?
If you go for 240mm AIO, use the Alphacool LT240, it works well

HoudiMoudi

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 8, 2020
Sure, but i read some tutorials online but there are from 2011 and a lot have changed. in conclusion i pay 234 Euro(incl.sfflab"shipping") for the case and 85 Euro for the import (30 Euro gdsk, 15 Euro import; 40 Euro taxes). For comparions i paid 260 Euro (case+taxes) for my Ncase and its from china too. I hope he check the shiiping for the next batch for germany its a big mess.
*the case chilling now in frankfurt -> i hope it arrives next week.
So you knew that it was possible to send in the customs declaration yourself but obviously didn’t bother enough to send one email to GDSK and fill out one form and send it to customs. The 30€ GDSK fee was 100% your choice only, the import tax is german law. So please stop ranting about it here, be happy that it even ships to germany and that you will get yours soon.

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
@gwertheim @Wahaha360

Found an issue with my unit.

The GPU bracket is too low and doesn’t sit flush with the GPU’s bracket. This also causes the locking bracket to be too high.
My GPU is an R9 290X. I tried another GP (R9 295X2) and it also has the same issue.
I tried readjusting the PCIE cable and the PCIE bracket and it didn’t help.
Fixed this issue by reading this on Reddit.

And here’s a shot of the T1 with the R9 295x2. If Zen 3 is available before Ampere and Navi, I may try to use this GPU “for science” to see how the LT240 will do lol. Including a 65w Zen3 8 core, this would be ~600 watts of heat!

Last edited:

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
WRONG -i bought my NCASE M1 V6.1 in march THIS YEAR in COVID TIMES! and have less trouble with shipping. Covid is not the anser for every thing my friend XD

Sure, but i read some tutorials online but there are from 2011 and a lot have changed. in conclusion i pay 234 Euro(incl.sfflab"shipping") for the case and 85 Euro for the import (30 Euro gdsk, 15 Euro import; 40 Euro taxes). For comparions i paid 260 Euro (case+taxes) for my Ncase and its from china too. I hope he check the shiiping for the next batch for germany its a big mess.
At this point I feel you are beeing ignorant or something.
I paid 245$ (black + shipping).
That was a charge of 218,69€ (3rd friday batch).
I did customs declaration myself and it was exactly 33,49€.
All in all it was 252,18€ for me. So I went even cheaper than your Ncase.
The 15€ Import you are talking about was also because you were too lazy. (you left things to GDSK)
If you just search GDSK on YouTube, one of the first Videos is this one: You can just copy everything he filled out except personal data...
Also, if you would have asked, I would have linked you the video no problem.

Just a little reminder: GDSK doesn't want to rip you off, they are a service provider. If you order something at a restaurant, they will ask you, if you want to have a drink too, rather than pointing to the next shopping center. GDSK asks if they should do the service for you with all its consequences instead of leave you to customs instantly. You can even call GDSK and get helpful answers in native German!

Enough rant. If someone needs help in filling out German custom declarations, just shoot me a message here or over at reddit (u/aexeq)

Edit: I forgot the 1,55€ sending the custom declaration to customs via postal service. That is obviously a big difference! *no sarcasm at all ;)

Last edited:

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018

That's wrong, my friend. GDSK fees are no import fees. It's a service fee you paid for GDSK to do your paperwork. You can but don't have to use them as I explained before. You just had "luck" that the Ncase was not shipped with EMS so he didn't have to deal with GDSK in between that time.

But I agree, I would also suggest to use another carrier for europe in the future which reduces the wainting game. But then again, you never know how another carrier gets processed in other countries so I guess germans just have to deal with this situation (which isn't the worst, as paperwork is mostly a walk in the park really, just increases the waiting game, and for some the costs :p)... You could say that GDSK fees could be mistaken as official tax fees but you do get a letter from them which states you can do everything on your own. But ppl could get overwhelmed by the offical customs questionnaire which could cause them thinking that paying the 30€ is a good investment

Maybe a good middle ground solution is to attach an up to date template for that questionnaire (since it did change ever so slightly, but tutorials form 10 years back are still usable) with a disclaimer so even your average joe will be able to save himself the extra 30€. Mb I will do one (prob not as I am lazy af)

Reactions: DrHudacris

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
And here’s a shot of the T1 with the R9 295x2. If Zen 3 is available before Ampere and Navi, I may try to use this GPU “for science” to see how the LT240 will do lol. Including a 65w Zen3 8 core, this would be ~600 watts of heat!

Looks like you'll need the HW labs 240GTS -- rated at 750W capacity!

Reactions: JRey and DrHudacris

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Looks like you'll need the HW labs 240GTS -- rated at 750W capacity!
Lol we’ll see what happens. I’d have to use a LT Solo since the DC 40 wont fit in the “recommended” spot next to the GPU.
IF I installed the 295x2, I’d undervolt it to run as efficiently as possible.

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
Got my package yesterday!

The GPU pcie bracket isn't sitting flush with the case bracket so I had a really hard time screwing in the locking bracket. Just a minor issue I noticed as I was building.

I remember seeing this issue in another post but can't seem to find it in search.

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
Just got around to dry fitting the case together and found this, any advice on bending this back into flat? I'm worried it might mess up the fit since the radiator area is so tight.

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Hey all, in the process of building in my T1 and I took some photos of a custom set of cables I transferred from a previous NCase build. Sorry to double post but thought it might be handy information for anyone making their own cables or ordering from somewhere which doesn’t have cable length information.

TLDR: what worked for me - 3slotCPU, normal PSU orientation, PSU on 20mm extenders:
24pin 200mm
CPU 250-300mm
GPU 200mm

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Just got around to dry fitting the case together and found this, any advice on bending this back into flat? I'm worried it might mess up the fit since the radiator area is so tight.

if you have a vice or clamps (or know anyone that does) you can just clamp it between two flat surfaces.

Reactions: Stinkybear