Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I figured he was slammed.

I'll search around a bit more but it's hard to find that 180 degree connector. Right now, the Louqe Cobalt is the only one I can find but it's unavailable.
You can use the 3M of 25mm. But with that you can't have the radiator fan against the motherboard. If you use the SEARCH button on the thread there are plenty of reply regarding this.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
You’re going to need to replace the card when you get a pice4 GPU, so might as well just wait for 3m’s cable, surely?

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
There is this small around 1.5 in 3M foam like tape piece. What is it for? thanks
The tape goes on the front T shaped piece to keep the outer panel from rattling. I first put it in the lower part of the T and it was difficult to fit the front panel. I moved it to between the screw holes and it works great and the panel no longer rattles.

Edit: Sorry just saw it was just answered.

Polski03

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
LoL, I tried the same thing with my H100i Pro. I had the same issue as NavicNick. You need the washers to avoid the 15mm fan from scraping the mobo and not moving at all. My friend had the same issue. I will try 15mm fan no rubber pads and washer still to raise it a bit above the mobo. Then, see if that works without issues. For now, it is annoying because if I close the top panel it will stop the 15mm fan from spinning and the 25mm fan has space. I could even throw in a 30-35mm fan I think. So, it would be a shame to replace it with 2 15mm fans if I can't get this to work. Honestly, not a big deal since I will be going loop once new CPUs and GPUs are out in a quarter. I will go with xspc rad and 3 fans or simply wait for results on that what essentially looks like an alphacool st25 rad. I like the fill port at the top. It's not necessary but nice.

The ideal would be an XSPC TX 240 rad maybe denser by 2 fpi and another 2 channels and another 3-5mm thicker. That's really the ideal. But, idk too much about loops. So, we'll see if that ever comes to fruition. For now, I am still in between if just pre-order the FE Amphere end of the month since it will have the shorter PCB and I will have no issues with putting a DC LT 40mm res in there or even something else. With a Strix PCB you will most likely even with waterblock be limited to using a alphacool lt solo CPU pump block or wahaha's. At least with his strong enough I might even be able to run an external quick disconnect rad off it lol. I found it a bit confusing trying to remove the PC with quick disconnects from an external rad pump combo then have to re-enable the pump in portable pc. I can't leave both running since technically it would damage the alphacool lt solo pump since it can't handle all the external D5 pump's speed. It would damage the motor was my conclusion. Unless, someone has tested this in another case. Then, let me know.

For now, I am absolutely blown away by how much free space my 2 slot GPU has. I came from a Louqe Ghost s1 and sold off pretty much everything from it 2 weeks ago. The case is smooth and nice to touch. The ghost always had a thicker sticky feeling to the anodization. Also, the color made a difference IMO. Maybe I had a bad batch since the limestone batch 4 felt smoother compared to batch 3 was a little sticky not super smooth feeling like this silver on the T1. Hopefully, they improve this in the future with their glass blasted etc claims. Building the case was brutal lol. I wouldn't recommend this for a first timer and if you just want something that works. Compared to a case, that arrives built. I know my cousin would rather kill himself than build this lmao. He's looking forward to the P1. Anyway, wrap this up. I got the case and I am very happy. Some knicks on it like scratch here and there that can be seen with a flashlight. But, you can't see these on an instagram picture. Compared to out of the box new for along with my 3 ghost s1's kickstarter ash batch 1(this one was only used purchase), limestone batch 3 & limestone batch 4) I am sure these will be improved over time as batches continue. But, for something that is supposed to be that level. Yeah, it's great. I'll throw in a pic. SPOILER ALERT: It looks the same as every-bodies. IDK what to improve besides little mods here and there the vertical stand is nice. The 3mm additional clearance top panel is nice as well. Distro will be nice depending on what pump I can put in there. To those that are waiting, I would say Gunmetal Gray is my favorite color out of the 3 offered so far. Also, really excited to see how that guy's blue titanium cerakote job comes out. Also, I think I had the same reaction as everybody the mesh side panels are really high quality. Didn't expect that. I guess everyone will realize that once you feel them. Also, I didn't think it was a big deal when Optimum Tech shoved a 30mm rad into the case. LoL, you are bending the struts. I am not damaging my case for that. Looking forward to a complete build like you guys with the pretty loops.

So I ran into this issue with the EK AIO. What I did to stop it from rubbing on the mobo was stick some anti vibration pads on the side that's mounted to the bracket. The bracket itself has a little play when the screws are loose so i loosened them a little and pulled up on the radiator and then tightened the screws. Last, I noticed that it would still hit the mobo slightly is when you tighten the back screw on the mobo side for the front panel so I screwed the gpu side back screw down and only partially screwed on the screw on the mobo side. No more rubbing for me.

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
There is this small around 1.5 in 3M foam like tape piece. What is it for? thanks
can you take a picture of the tape & bag that it came with? Apparently mine didn't have it, I suspect the stupid custom officer just nicked it ???

nvm found it, there was a small tape in the box when I first received it, but then it wasn't there when I started building the case later that day. May have lost it somewhere... haizz but then again, my front lid is super solid, no play, no rattling at all so go figures LOL

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@notbitcoin so this is me trying to replicate and hopefully improve on what you did ?

LHS: I used both of the short standoffs that were extra, only 1 can be screwed in, the other one is off by 2mm to a mounting hole just as you have described
RHS: I used the extra long standoff to push the top right of the PSU away, would have done the same for bottom right but did not have another standoff available, so I added a piece of thick rubber instead to straighten out the bracket/PSU

With all of this done, the rail for the side panel is basically clear, I can slot the mesh panel in as normal without needing to press the PSU back.

What I will/might do later with this:
  • Flip the PSU fan to outside so it intakes from the side, I'm not comfortable with more than half of the PSU fan blocked by the GPU. But for that I need to wait for the M2426 to arrive and replace the cables
  • Get another long standoff to put in place of that piece of rubber. Actually since I'm using 3 slot mode, I can take out 2 standoffs on the riser struts currently only screwed in on 1 end.
  • Drill an additional hole on the PSU bracket to align with the bottom panel screw hole so I can fix another screw. Probably this is the most critical in terms of improving the rigidity/solidness of the mounting

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net

I had to grind 1mm off the back of NF A12x15. If I force close the top panel, the fan blade will slightly scrape bottom of my M/B. The M/B is Aorus z490i Ultra, it has back cover and it extends a bit down.
If I just add 0.5mm washer that comes with H100i Pro XT to space the fan further from the M/B , the rad will be too tall. I've tried SCYTHE 120x15mm fan. It fits perfectly and perform better than Noctua one, but it's so loud, so I swap back to Noctua.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360

It's probably on the backburner but is there an update on PCIE 4.0 riser cables?

There's a (undetailed) report about how Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC has a significant drop in performance when utilizing PCI-E 3.0 @ 8x vs 16x. It makes me wonder if we may be getting some performance improvements with PCI-E 4.0 and new GPUs in the near future as games become more resource intensive.

There is no material GPU performance gain for RTX20XX series on PCIe 4.0 vs 3.0.

There are benchmarks online if you Google, I didn’t have the link.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
There is no material GPU performance gain for RTX20XX series on PCIe 4.0 vs 3.0.

There are benchmarks online if you Google, I didn’t have the link.

that's true but how about amd products ?
"PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt", it states that it can do PCIe 4.0
I want to squeeze whatever possible out of it. :)

Klasik

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2020

They state that they support PCIe 4.0, not that it is necessary. Unless you want the bandwidth for a storage device, I wouldn't bother.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

2080 ti is the only currently available gaming GPU that can max out 16 lanes (actually just 8 lanes maxed out) of PCIe 3.0, and just barely. Less powerful GPU (whether they support 4.0 or not) will not even max out PCIe 3.0, and a 5700xt is far behind a 2080 ti.

Conclusion: Having a PCIe 4.0 riser cable will benefit GPUs that meet or exceed the power of 2(!) 2080ti, but is irrelevant and has no impact on performance of cards less powerful.

Edit: 2080 ti barely maxes out 8 lanes of PCIe 3.0, so even less reason to worry about gen 4.0 (for GPUs)

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
2080 ti is the only currently available gaming GPU that can max out 16 lanes of PCIe 3.0, and just barely. Less powerful GPU (whether they support 4.0 or not) will not even max out PCIe 3.0, and a 5700xt is far behind a 2080 ti.

Conclusion: Having a PCIe 4.0 riser cable will benefit GPUs that meet or exceed the power of a 2080ti, but is irrelevant and has no impact on performance of cards less powerful.
Exactly, I remember that MAYBE only the TItan V was reaching the PCie 3.0 limits.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
2080 ti is the only currently available gaming GPU that can max out 16 lanes of PCIe 3.0, and just barely. Less powerful GPU (whether they support 4.0 or not) will not even max out PCIe 3.0, and a 5700xt is far behind a 2080 ti.

Conclusion: Having a PCIe 4.0 riser cable will benefit GPUs that meet or exceed the power of a 2080ti, but is irrelevant and has no impact on performance of cards less powerful.

I think you mean 8 lanes in your post, not 16.

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
There's one review of RX 5500 XT 4/8GB that shows that the lower card has slightly improved performance from working through the PCIE 4.0. Most likely PCIE 4.0 will be needed only for the next generation of cards.

Reactions: DrHudacris