Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
The mentioning of 400grit.... that's a polishing grit... if you think the file is taking a long time! ?

Get some 120 and have at it.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
picked up some clear 60D durometer FEP tubing to try, but it was just too stiff to deal with, so flueroeleastemer in black is what we're going with-

consider this experimental at this point because i'm afraid of the VRM heatsink impacting temps, but it all fits (just barely).

and that monstrosity that is the "bottom" tube was the result of having a bunch of fittings leftover from my original idea and deciding that i had to get my money's worth out of them heh. i actually was pondering putting in some quick disconnects there (fabio's tinkering is contagious), but then i realized it'd be $125+ to implement it all and decided it wasn't worth it to me. if it all works out, i'll have the t-block port and the coolworld radiator port, and that should be good enough to service the loop inside the case anyway.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
picked up some clear 60D durometer FEP tubing to try, but it was just too stiff to deal with, so flueroeleastemer in black is what we're going with-

consider this experimental at this point because i'm afraid of the VRM heatsink impacting temps, but it all fits (just barely).

and that monstrosity that is the "bottom" tube was the result of having a bunch of fittings leftover from my original idea and deciding that i had to get my money's worth out of them heh. i actually was pondering putting in some quick disconnects there (fabio's tinkering is contagious), but then i realized it'd be $125+ to implement it all and decided it wasn't worth it to me. if it all works out, i'll have the t-block port and the coolworld radiator port, and that should be good enough to service the loop inside the case anyway.

The more I see it, the more I like the 90 degree PSU!

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Not on that rad. There’s plenty of material to be removed before you get to the plumbing. Much more than just paint needs to go.

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The tolerances are just TOO TOIGHT! But yeah having the fans between the rad and top panel fixes the problems, I was just stubborn. I did have to use a lot of force to close it with the spacers though, like I had to have my elbow on the top panel and lean onto the case to be able to screw it in. Again, I was stubborn and I was going to make it work because I had spent too much time trying to make it work
I mean the easiest solution for that slim fan is to flip it around to intake from the top, the back of the fan would literally sits on top the motherboard and riser strut whilst the fan blades spin freely right up against the rad, since there are 2-3 mm gap to the fins. I didn't want to do that last night thinking it will hurt GPU temps, but after using the build for a couple hours, whilst the temps are okay, it is quite a fair bit higher than my lazy setup in the Formula X1.

Homework for today: go home and flip both fans to fit A12x25 + A12x15 ?

Reactions: fabio

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
by using psu with noctua fan mod, it can blow extra air into the radiator and also psu will be always cold :)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I mean the easiest solution for that slim fan is to flip it around to intake from the top, the back of the fan would literally sits on top the motherboard and riser strut whilst the fan blades spin freely right up against the rad, since there are 2-3 mm gap to the fins. I didn't want to do that last night thinking it will hurt GPU temps, but after using the build for a couple hours, whilst the temps are okay, it is quite a fair bit higher than my lazy setup in the Formula X1.

Homework for today: go home and flip both fans to fit A12x25 + A12x15 ?
I already know the result, but waiting for your! ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
by using psu with noctua fan mod, it can blow extra air into the radiator and also psu will be always cold :)

DO NOT MODIFY YOUR PSU UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR YOU ARE AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. You are putting your LIFE and your parts at risk if you open up the PSU and poke around in there without the proper training. Nobody is responsible but yourself for any damage to your parts or if you get injured.

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
It's no problem really @Wahaha360 I don't blame you at all. Maybe it's all good and I'll receive my package on time, fingers crossed.

You are doing a good job and I really hope you don't think I'm blaming you or @gwertheim. All I wanted is for some clarification on the statement you made to avoid people having the same problem as I have.

I hate how this became "bigger" than I wanted, I feel like time was needlessly wasted :/.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Started putting components last night and early this morning before I go to work. Sad thing is, you cannot put 3 fans on radiators with 27mm thickness. For the full size fan between the radiator and PSU the radiator must be slide in all the way to the front panel right?

BUT there's these curved edges that do not allow the 'front' of the radiator to sit flush, instead pushing it upwards by 2-3mm, making the rad + slim fan up top exceed the clearance, and thus not able to close the top panel. The pictures are for the EK AIO 240 D-RGB.

I expect the LT240 / TX240 rad to not have an issue since they are both thinner than the EK rad by 2 and 7mm respectively. I'll test fit my TX240 tonight after work, wanted fit 3x A12x25 on the TX240 but at this rate it doesn't look possible ?

LoL, I tried the same thing with my H100i Pro. I had the same issue as NavicNick. You need the washers to avoid the 15mm fan from scraping the mobo and not moving at all. My friend had the same issue. I will try 15mm fan no rubber pads and washer still to raise it a bit above the mobo. Then, see if that works without issues. For now, it is annoying because if I close the top panel it will stop the 15mm fan from spinning and the 25mm fan has space. I could even throw in a 30-35mm fan I think. So, it would be a shame to replace it with 2 15mm fans if I can't get this to work. Honestly, not a big deal since I will be going loop once new CPUs and GPUs are out in a quarter. I will go with xspc rad and 3 fans or simply wait for results on that what essentially looks like an alphacool st25 rad. I like the fill port at the top. It's not necessary but nice.

The ideal would be an XSPC TX 240 rad maybe denser by 2 fpi and another 2 channels and another 3-5mm thicker. That's really the ideal. But, idk too much about loops. So, we'll see if that ever comes to fruition. For now, I am still in between if just pre-order the FE Amphere end of the month since it will have the shorter PCB and I will have no issues with putting a DC LT 40mm res in there or even something else. With a Strix PCB you will most likely even with waterblock be limited to using a alphacool lt solo CPU pump block or wahaha's. At least with his strong enough I might even be able to run an external quick disconnect rad off it lol. I found it a bit confusing trying to remove the PC with quick disconnects from an external rad pump combo then have to re-enable the pump in portable pc. I can't leave both running since technically it would damage the alphacool lt solo pump since it can't handle all the external D5 pump's speed. It would damage the motor was my conclusion. Unless, someone has tested this in another case. Then, let me know.

For now, I am absolutely blown away by how much free space my 2 slot GPU has. I came from a Louqe Ghost s1 and sold off pretty much everything from it 2 weeks ago. The case is smooth and nice to touch. The ghost always had a thicker sticky feeling to the anodization. Also, the color made a difference IMO. Maybe I had a bad batch since the limestone batch 4 felt smoother compared to batch 3 was a little sticky not super smooth feeling like this silver on the T1. Hopefully, they improve this in the future with their glass blasted etc claims. Building the case was brutal lol. I wouldn't recommend this for a first timer and if you just want something that works. Compared to a case, that arrives built. I know my cousin would rather kill himself than build this lmao. He's looking forward to the P1. Anyway, wrap this up. I got the case and I am very happy. Some knicks on it like scratch here and there that can be seen with a flashlight. But, you can't see these on an instagram picture. Compared to out of the box new for along with my 3 ghost s1's kickstarter ash batch 1(this one was only used purchase), limestone batch 3 & limestone batch 4) I am sure these will be improved over time as batches continue. But, for something that is supposed to be that level. Yeah, it's great. I'll throw in a pic. SPOILER ALERT: It looks the same as every-bodies. IDK what to improve besides little mods here and there the vertical stand is nice. The 3mm additional clearance top panel is nice as well. Distro will be nice depending on what pump I can put in there. To those that are waiting, I would say Gunmetal Gray is my favorite color out of the 3 offered so far. Also, really excited to see how that guy's blue titanium cerakote job comes out. Also, I think I had the same reaction as everybody the mesh side panels are really high quality. Didn't expect that. I guess everyone will realize that once you feel them. Also, I didn't think it was a big deal when Optimum Tech shoved a 30mm rad into the case. LoL, you are bending the struts. I am not damaging my case for that. Looking forward to a complete build like you guys with the pretty loops.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Madhawk1995 I tried multiple spacer config and it would work. The moment you push on to the top lid to close the case, the center of the fan just hits the edge of the motherboard and the riser struts. So in a later reply, I said the solution is to flip the fan around instead. Will try that later tonight with temps comparison on both CPU and GPU.

Yes I have the same plans as yours, TX240 in boxes lying waiting already. I came from the Formula X1, a premium Ghost clone, so had that same feeling of liberation for my GPU too haha. I enjoyed every minute putting the case together, it's like building Lego for me, spent a whole night just putting pieces together then swapping stuff in out, NO internal components involved, just the case itself.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Madhawk1995 I tried multiple spacer config and it would work. The moment you push on to the top lid to close the case, the center of the fan just hits the edge of the motherboard and the riser struts. So in a later reply, I said the solution is to flip the fan around instead. Will try that later tonight with temps comparison on both CPU and GPU.

Yes I have the same plans as yours, TX240 in boxes lying waiting already. I came from the Formula X1, a premium Ghost clone, so had that same feeling of liberation for my GPU too haha. I enjoyed every minute putting the case together, it's like building Lego for me, spent a whole night just putting pieces together then swapping stuff in out, NO internal components involved, just the case itself.
If you remember, I was able to fit below the 27mm Radiator a fan. In the beginning, I had the same issue, but I've managed to push the motherboard a bit more up enough to clean the space.
But, That fan so close to the motherboard, will be always noisy for turbulence. You should try, ONE slim fan above the TX with the taller bracket and ONE 25mm fan BELOW the TX. I think noise-wise and temps can be the best!

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
It really brings more flow??

well it definitely keeps my psu cold in my dan a4 case,
and noctua 92mm can be spined fast controlled by motherboard
and it can significantly help to blow more air into radiator through the psu, especially when the space is so restricted.

also, I falsely assume that everybody has electrical background :)

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
The more I see it, the more I like the 90 degree PSU!
Honestly I see no downsides to it other than the fact i would place the psu with the fan facing outward.
The cables don't interfere with the fan on top. The motherboard cable is perfectly aligned and short as can be.
The other cable to the motherboard is long enough in this orientation.
Only real problem is that I want this too, but there's no bracket supplied for this orientation.

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris