Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Philtt

Cable Smoosher
May 30, 2020
I don't know where I should bring it to get sanded! I would like it though! But soon I am going on holiday, so, I will think again at it beginning of September!

GTS got a primer version which you can do your own paint finish. Not sure if anyone has one to take the width as primer coat is definitely thinner than powder coat finish.

Btw to clarify, the EK matte black soft tube you are using 15.9/9.5? I remember reading you commented using 12.7 zmt which is softer than Alphacool TPV yesterday. However, EK only have 12.7 in Durclear. Smallest ZMT matte black is 15.9. Or issit just 1 of your previous build?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
GTS got a primer version which you can do your own paint finish. Not sure if anyone has one to take the width as primer coat is definitely thinner than powder coat finish.

Btw to clarify, the EK matte black soft tube you are using 15.9/9.5? I remember reading you commented using 12.7 zmt which is softer than Alphacool TPV yesterday. However, EK only have 12.7 in Durclear. Smallest ZMT matte black is 15.9. Or issit just 1 of your previous build?
I think in that comment I've only said that the ZMT are like the TPV but softer, but never said that the ZMT are 13. If I did, was just a typo.
Nice! For the primer version! Do you know where I can find it? Mine is super smooth though, not really a "powder" coat!
Yes, I using the ZMT, the 10/16.

Reactions: Khanele

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Now we miss only the Koolance CU720! In push/pull beats the GTS!
That's a great resource, but it's too bad they stopped testing radiators recently. They have the bitspower radiator on there, and it performs slightly worse than GTS, and I think this is because of 12 tubes vs 14. But the koolance is crazy with dense fin structure!

Reactions: sos and fabio

Philtt

Cable Smoosher
May 30, 2020
I think in that comment I've only said that the ZMT are like the TPV but softer, but never said that the ZMT are 13. If I did, was just a typo.
Nice! For the primer version! Do you know where I can find it? Mine is super smooth though, not really a "powder" coat!
Yes, I using the ZMT, the 10/16.
Here you go. I think it looks great when fitted into a white T1!

Reactions: bynio and fabio

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020

This rad is smaller than 240 gts common? or it is just the same but white?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

White? You may check this https://id.aliexpress.com/item/32802053804.html

syscooling as240-t 22mm

Khanele

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2020
Reactions: NinoPecorino

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I haven’t assembled anything yet but I did just switch over the terminal fitting on my Alphacool GPU block to the SLI terminal. It comes with the GPU block. Here’s a photo of it next to the original fitting, so you can visually compare the two
thanks! this concurs with another member's post where he puts the TPV 90 degree to make the complete rotary fitting - it will not save any height and actually 5mm taller than the EK one. So I'll just get the EK when the time comes (Big Navi comes) :)

Reactions: Van0

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Never said "without a problem".
The 27mm are still the best and the limit.
The TX240 is the best radiator I've tried until now. With 3 slim fans is even better (1/2C).
I am not sure the Bitspower fits like the GTS, or even fits actually.
The GTS is mounted without bracket or screws and push against the side panels.
Hey Fabio, I’m sure you have mentioned this somewhere in the 400+ pages (I have been following for last 150 in detail). I am in the fortunate position of having the xspc tx240, hwlabs gts240 and the alphacool lt240 rad as well as various noctua slim and A12x25s. I have the first two rads from an NCase build.

You say the hwlabs gts240 outperforms the tx240 by a couple of degrees, does the tx240 outperform the lt240 rad?

How is the sound profile affected by having the fans in between the rad and top (like we have to on the tx240 and hwlabs) vs underneath with the lt240 rad? Is the lt240 considerably quieter or much the same?
My case comes in the next week I guess an I am super excited. I’m trying to work out which radiator I should hang on to and which I should sell because it seems the community is really having trouble finding suitable 240 rads at the moment. I’m in Australia for any desperate rad searchers.

Reactions: lawney

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hey Fabio, I’m sure you have mentioned this somewhere in the 400+ pages (I have been following for last 150 in detail). I am in the fortunate position of having the xspc tx240, hwlabs gts240 and the alphacool lt240 rad as well as various noctua slim and A12x25s. I have the first two rads from an NCase build.

You say the hwlabs gts240 outperforms the tx240 by a couple of degrees, does the tx240 outperform the lt240 rad?

How is the sound profile affected by having the fans in between the rad and top (like we have to on the tx240 and hwlabs) vs underneath with the lt240 rad? Is the lt240 considerably quieter or much the same?
My case comes in the next week I guess an I am super excited. I’m trying to work out which radiator I should hang on to and which I should sell because it seems the community is really having trouble finding suitable 240 rads at the moment. I’m in Australia for any desperate rad searchers.
The ranking of radiators (best to worse) is currently HWL GTS, TX, EK classic, and last LT240. The LT240 suffers from being thin and low FPI, but definitely easiest to fit.

So comparing fans on top with TX or HWL to fans bottom with LT240, you have to consider that due to better performance, you can run fans slower on the TX and HWL. In my own testing, the fans are a bit louder when between panel and radiator. But at least with noctua slim fans it's a pleasing wind rushing noise (sorry I don't know the technical term for this, but I found it not annoying).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The ranking of radiators (best to worse) is currently HWL GTS, TX, EK classic, and last LT240. The LT240 suffers from being thin and low FPI, but definitely easiest to fit.

So comparing fans on top with TX or HWL to fans bottom with LT240, you have to consider that due to better performance, you can run fans slower on the TX and HWL. In my own testing, the fans are a bit louder when between panel and radiator. But at least with noctua slim fans it's a pleasing wind rushing noise (sorry I don't know the technical term for this, but I found it not annoying).
I completely agree on what @DrHudacris said.
My experience though is a bit difference regarding the noise:

If you really want the 25mm fan, it can fits with the TX and the SE/LT, BUT, the 15mm fan, between the MB and the radiator, being so close to the motherboard, makes IMO more noise than being on top between the rad and the panel.

So I prefer to have 2 slims fan against the top panel actually, even if you can hear them above 1200rpm, are more pleasant than the other options.

One more thing: THE best noise profile I got is using the TX with 2 slim profile on top.
Because the rad is only 20.5mm, the fans actually are not against the panel, so there’s no turbolence noise. BUT, I’ve checked yesterday, somehow in this option the hot hair have more difficult to go out.
Removing the top panel allowed me to gain 1/2 C under stress.

I can really recommend in general, the SE and the TX.

But in general, just get a radiator that is 27mm or less. It’s perfect!
People forget that I am using a Titan RTX and a 16 Core CPU, and I am at the limits of the 240 radiators in general. 98% of the people will never see any difference in performance.

Last edited:

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
That's awesome @fabio !! I've missed some of this thread recently, and it looks like you've changed your pump and top. Which combo are you using now? (Many apologies if it's been asked already)

after endless hours of search, it looks like he is using
and

but I still cannot find what kind of connector is here.
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2F255HRzXY%2FIMG-3940.jpg&hash=a830ddaa17f0fed466874bffc1d8aab5

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020

I completely agree on what @DrHudacris said.
My experience though is a bit difference regarding the noise:

If you really want the 25mm fan, it can fits with the TX and the SE/LT, BUT, the 15mm fan, between the MB and the radiator, being so close to the motherboard, makes IMO more noise than being on topo between the rad and the panel.

So I prefer to have 2 slims fan against the top panel actually, even if you can hear them above 1200rpm, are more pleasant than the other options.

One more thing: THE best noise profile I got is using the TX with 2 slim profile on top.
Because the rad is only 20.5mm, the fans actually are not against the panel, so there’s no turbolence noise. BUT, I’ve checked yesterday, somehow is this option the hot hair have more difficult to go out.
Removing the top panel allowed me to gain 1/2 C under stress.

I can really recommend in general, the SE and the TX.

Thank you both for the input, I might just go ahead and sell the lt240 and test out what I prefer between hwlabs + 2slim noctua and tx240 + 2/3 slim noctua. I will wait until my dc-lt 2600 coming from Taobao is confirmed. Also might test with external 280 radiator + 240 to check performance differences.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
and

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2F255HRzXY%2FIMG-3940.jpg&hash=a830ddaa17f0fed466874bffc1d8aab5

Two EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 45 and one EK-AF Extender Rotary M-M in the middle

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thank you both for the input, I might just go ahead and sell the lt240 and test out what I prefer between hwlabs + 2slim noctua and tx240 + 2/3 slim noctua. I will wait until my dc-lt 2600 coming from Taobao is confirmed. Also might test with external 280 radiator + 240 to check performance differences.
The Hw labs though is an HIGH restrictive rad, I will never use it with a DC-LT pump ;)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
and

Nope; the pump is the DDC 1T Plus PMW.