Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Has anyone else purchased an Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N waterblock for their system?
It's the only block compatible with my Gigabyte RTX 2070 OC and also affordable and include verticle ports to direct tubes out the top, one thing I'm not sure is if I'll have clearance from the terminals out the top to the bottom panel with 90 degree fittings installed...

That's the exact waterblock I've got sitting at home at the moment, ready for install once the T1 arrives, looking like next week. I've a 2080 Ti Windforce OC, though both appear to be reference design and use the same waterblock. Happy to answer any questions you have once I get it installed myself

Reactions: Tazpr

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
That's the exact waterblock I've got sitting at home at the moment, ready for install once the T1 arrives, looking like next week. I've a 2080 Ti Windforce OC, though both appear to be reference design and use the same waterblock. Happy to answer any questions you have once I get it installed myself
Amazing, looking forward to seeing how you go

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Ordered my radiator and some 19mm screws I'm hoping will work with the slim Noctua fans.

Has anyone else purchased an Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N waterblock for their system?
It's the only block compatible with my Gigabyte RTX 2070 OC and also affordable and include verticle ports to direct tubes out the top, one thing I'm not sure is if I'll have clearance from the terminals out the top to the bottom panel with 90 degree fittings installed...
this is the one i have and it is really nice. i bet there are better ones on the market but it also comes with a back plate included. it looks like it fits your card as well.

Last edited:

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
With water block this thing is over 155mm high and i didn't factor in the pcie pins.
I will try to fit it, but i don't have high hopes.
gotcha. well it's stated that the max height is 155 and if it gives you trouble if you switch to terminal fittings, if possible, you'll shave enough mm off and the pcie connectors won't be taller than the watercooling ports. it will be close but if you have everything it's worth a try.

I was thinking about trying a liquid devil just to see if it would work but i don't think it will. I found a shorter pcb card that makes it unnecessary anyways

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
this is the one i have and it is really nice. i bet there are better ones on the market but it also comes with a back plate included. it looks like it fits your card as well.

Stupid question time (because I forgot to ask it before I made several purchases). How important is the backplate for the graphic card in the T1? I actually have an EK Quantum Vector waterblock which I believe does not accept the backplate already on my GPU (EVGA 2080Ti Black).

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Stupid question time (because I forgot to ask it before I made several purchases). How important is the backplate for the graphic card in the T1? I actually have an EK Quantum Vector waterblock which I believe does not accept the backplate already on my GPU (EVGA 2080Ti Black).
most likely no reason. I just have a weird phobia about not having one. If you wanted one you could probably buy one from EK even though it is likely unnecessary

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
most likely no reason. I just have a weird phobia about not having one. If you wanted one you could probably buy one from EK even though it is likely unnecessary
Function wise is completely useless. I had my Titan RTX without until now.
It’s true though that without it, you have to pay a bit more attention.
If are scared, get one from EKWB. I like the Classic and the Pro because are smaller than the Quantum Backplate

Reactions: pwnedundies

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I think that's the plexi model of the one I want, so that's good that you like it!

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Function wise is completely useless. I had my Titan RTX without until now.
It’s true though that without it, you have to pay a bit more attention.
If are scared, get one from EKWB. I like the Classic and the Pro because are smaller than the Quantum Backplate
Yup that's pretty much it. You just don't have the same ease of mind. I know it's a very low chance of things happening but i just feel more comfortable with it. I also like the rigidity it adds as well.

I'm disappointed that I have to wait for the backplate because no one had them instock and they were sold separately. I'm moving on from my 2070 super to try a smaller pcb 5700 xt that is 228 with the waterblock on. I'm hoping to put in a regular tube res/pump combo. I'm going to test fitment in a larger case first but thy both only house 330mm cards. i know it won't be exact and I'm not sure how the res would attach to the T1 yet. The iceman would probably work too, again, if I can find a way to mount it

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
If you ask me, coolant temp is the only way to control your fans in a loop! Because the water picks up heat from the components and in the radiator the heat leaves the water to the air, it doesn't make sense to control fan speeds based on component temp which is another degree of separation removed from the coolant temp. You'll have less speed fluctuations also. And as a critical safety feature, you'll know when your coolant is reaching temps that would damage the pump. There'd be no way to know when your coolant is over this threshold without a sensor.

I got an aqua computer Quadro in my build and it runs off a USB header and has 4 temp sensors and 4 fan headers. Other option is to use motherboard temp sensor (a lot of ASUS boards have this). And finally a low tech option is something like this. But yeah, at that point you just have to set the speed of the fan fixed so it's high enough to keep load temps under the danger threshold or have some sort of manual fan control.

Can I see pics of how/where you setup that Quadro? I was looking for ways to install sensors for a Gigabyte mobo, and this might be the best device. Thanks!

Reactions: JRey

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Yup that's pretty much it. You just don't have the same ease of mind. I know it's a very low chance of things happening but i just feel more comfortable with it. I also like the rigidity it adds as well.

I'm disappointed that I have to wait for the backplate because no one had them instock and they were sold separately. I'm moving on from my 2070 super to try a smaller pcb 5700 xt that is 228 with the waterblock on. I'm hoping to put in a regular tube res/pump combo. I'm going to test fitment in a larger case first but thy both only house 330mm cards. i know it won't be exact and I'm not sure how the res would attach to the T1 yet. The iceman would probably work too, again, if I can find a way to mount it
@fabio
@pwnedundies

Thank you both for your input. I suppose that if I get inpatient while I decide on the backplate I could always put in a separating plastic sheet like the Dan Case A4 has. But I likely won't bother, since I really am not careless with my electronics. And a plastic sheet would only restrict air flow in the case. ?

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Not one minute, I was at checkout at 9.00.41 PST. It was OOS at that time. Had to convince myself to get the oreo in 2 secs. Really bummed I did not get the black.

*First world problems.*

Reactions: DrHudacris

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Calm down, I too wasn't fast enough for 1, google pay fcked up again this week, will snipe it again next week till the day it is widely available. Until then I will have the loop assembled in the Ghost S1 then

Reactions: DrHudacris

mfmunh

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2020
unfortunately i saw this after i'd done some work on it and then got all set back up. but the mount is... very crude for now. what i did was attach the ssd bracket to the case, and then zip tie the psu bracket to the ssd bracket. between the zip ties and the rigid-ish 24-pin cable, the mount is pretty dang solid though (just not level/flat).

note that the holes don't line up between the two brackets, and you can't mount the psu bracket flush to the ssd bracket because the psu bracket is wider than the "open" space in the front panel, so i think it'll take a custom piece to solve the problem. i'll dig around later this week and see if i can come up with something more long-term.

i mostly did the rotation to give the workhorse fan plenty of unobstructed room to breath (as well as the overall aesthetics of less cabling), but i'm sure you custom loop boys could find a way to use this empty space (27-30mm between psu and fan) for something...
cpu side-

gpu side (yes, they are different colors ?)-

...and then the logjam up top that i need to figure out (was definitely not expecting the power extension mount to be so deep)-
Thank you for thinking outside the box with the 90 degrees PSU orientation. The simplicity of the 24pin cable have inspired me to do the same. Though I am not done with it, so far its looking good.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
To be fair I'm quite jealous of you those who have Apple Pay, Google Pay always fcked up for me at the crucial moments though. Also we don't know if there are anyone ordering large quantities or not