Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
I guess, at high load they are the same, at lower load, same as well. In the 3 slots gli in general there is a fan more, sometimes a bit smaller like 80mm instead of 92mm. The main difference is that they just clock higher for a longer period. :)
Yea, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for an Ampere 3-slot with a 'quiet' option. After all, higher clocks imply the possibility of less noise at stock clocks because of the increased thermal capacity the extra radiator space provides.

Reactions: DaKluit

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
CPU Air Cooling Temperature Comparisons - Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 vs Noctua L12S

Components:

• CPU
    • Intel i5 9600K
    • 4.6Ghz All Core Overclock at 1.175v
    • AVX offset - 2
    • LLC - 1
    • Long duration power limit - 95w
    • Short duration power limit - 135w
  • GPU
    • EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming
    • +110 boost clock
    • +850 memory clock
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 w/ two fans
    • 92mm Fan: Noctua NF-A9
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15
Idle Temps - 32-36 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 74 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 61 C

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 71 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 33 C

• 1 hour+ Hunt Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 71 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 76 C
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Noctua L12S
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15
Idle Temps - 28-31 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 68 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 56 C

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 66 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 29 C

• 1 hour+ Hunt Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 64 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 73 C

Conclusion:

I'm impressed with how well BRv2 holds up against the larger Noctua L12S in my temperature comparison, but there is a major difference that I unfortunately don't have the proper tools to measure, and that's noise levels. Using only my ears, I can say the L12S is noticeably quieter than BRv2, and I can only assume that has all to do with how close the fan is to the mesh perforations with BRv2. I didn't pay close enough attention to the fan RPMs when BRv2 was installed, but my CPU fan didn't break 1050 RPM on the L12S during the Cinebench R20 run, which blows my mind. For anyone with Noctua fans in their systems, you know that's practically silent.

Another major pro for the L12S is the installation process. Noctua has made that a very easy and satisfying experience, whereas installing the BRv2 is the opposite of that. Beginners need to take a lot of care when installing BRv2, as there are no preventative measures in place to prevent tightening the mounting screws to the point of snapping your motherboard in half.

I know my CPU OC can't be described as anything other than mild, and the 9600K isn't that hot of a chip to begin with, but hopefully these results help future builders in the FormD T1. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing more T1 builds!

Have you thought about trying the BRv2 with 2 120mm slim fans?

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
This is one of the main reasons I want Alphacool to change the LT240. PWM on this pump should be there.

The mounting bracket is also no good.

So here is my hybrid 240AIO idea:
1. LT240 25mm thick radiator *with better paint quality or leave the copper fins copper, black framing
2. Noctua Secufirm2 mounting brackets
3, Remove QDC and add G1/4 flow indicator
4. 10mm ID / 13mm OD tubes that are not shinny black (shiny black triggers my OCD)
5. DC-LT with PWM or EK-SPC pump with PWM
6. Noctua fans (not sure industrial, redux or the new sterrox, depends on price vs. performance)

If you went with an EK pump, what block would you use for the CPU?

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
It is similar to mine, but a bit bigger. Here is the post that talks about it, with the graphic showing what it is.
Perfect, thank you, sorry for not noticing that diagram before asking. Hopefully I shouldn't struggle to squeeze in a 3 slot card + aio then

peaksix

Chassis Packer
Mar 9, 2020
Has anyone heard of any legal issues around the LT240? I reached out to Alphacool about US availability, and they told me that they recently received new stock from their factory and it would start going out to resellers soon. But then I contacted a reseller here in a US, and they said it is going through some patent litigation with Asetek, so it is unlikely to be available at all. First I've heard of anything like that.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Has anyone heard of any legal issues around the LT240? I reached out to Alphacool about US availability, and they told me that they recently received new stock from their factory and it would start going out to resellers soon. But then I contacted a reseller here in a US, and they said it is going through some patent litigation with Asetek, so it is unlikely to be available at all. First I've heard of anything like that.
Alphacool themselves can not sell it in the US due to the Asetek patent on pump blocks. Literally if you have a pump in the CPU block then it infringes their patent. It is absolutely stupid. Arctic got away with it by adding a ridiculous CPU mount and a Mobo VRM fan to the CPU pump block. Then nzxt got away with it by having the pump in the radiator itself. I am literally waiting day by day for this patent to expire. Just like how cherry lost the patent on mechanical switches and the mech keyboard market literally blew up over the past few years. Same thing applies to mass manufacturing with 3d printers. Slowly and slowly they are getting cheaper the only thing stopping us is it still isn't cheaper to switch to them entirely. But the whole mentality of needed a specific factory and needed this factory to build your products or even them telling you no sorry the design must be more like this due to it not being compatible with our tooling(could be done more expensive etc). Here's a video() on it.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
Hey guys,
Did someone made a build with 3 slot GPU and water cooled CPU? How is the noise and temps?
After digging through the Chiphell links I found an absolutely gorgeous build using a 3-slotter gpu, an H60 cooling the cpu, and a friggin 3-d printed lightbox stand! If you use google translate (per Wahaha's recommendation) the builder provides a lot of great info: the vertical, inverted gpu config causes no issues, and the 3-slot gpu is not heard over the case fans.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
After digging through the Chiphell links I found an absolutely gorgeous build using a 3-slotter gpu, an H60 cooling the cpu, and a friggin 3-d printed lightbox stand! If you use google translate (per Wahaha's recommendation) the builder provides a lot of great info: the vertical, inverted gpu config causes no issues, and the 3-slot gpu is not heard over the case fans.

That lightbox is amazing! @Wahaha360 can this be a T1 accessory?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Have you thought about trying the BRv2 with 2 120mm slim fans?

My first comparison was with the 120mm slim and 92mm underneath for the BRv2. I didn’t bother with the 120mm fan underneath since it’s pretty niche due to the requirement of VLP RAM. The temp difference would be a couple of degrees better in the best case scenario, and that wasn’t worth the extra cost/effort to acquire that RAM for me.

Reactions: fabio and PBJ

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

This build is an inspiration. Thanks for finding and sharing. Wow.

Great to hear about the sound thermals in that config too!

I think this is going to reduce the airflow coming from the bottom

Damn that'd be gorgeous. I'll second @DrHudacris :p I kinda feel like the breathability of the mesh would mitigate any loss of intake from the base (and, assuming that it would be negative pressure in the first place)

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Man catching up with this forum is a full time job :D

I've had similar experience with Alphacool, disappointing to say the least. I knew the order would take a while as some bit was on back order, but zero communication about shipping updates and when I told them that the SATA to 3 pin power adapter was faulty, they stated that from my photo "it looks fine" and then stopped replying. Add to that the fact that their stuff scratches easily and has poor QC and design (like the pump/block plasticiser issue) it's just left a bad taste.

I really don't see them as a premium option.

Yeah, i got dreaming again about this case this morning.. I should wait until Mei 31 and check once again in this thread >_<
--
Have you bought more than one times and get same problem or?
Since product not always in good condition but they have warranty rights?
--

If you already watch suming li build in his youtube, this lightbox already installed and looking great? CMIIW

also bolt for his T1 is great to see, full effort to see this build.. (edited)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Guys, BAD NEWS.
So, I've received the "NEW HIGH SUPER PRESSURE" 1U ES Reservoir from Alphacool...

Well, they just GLUED with some kind of thermal glue the base, NOT ONLY!

They put on top a DDC310, screwed like hell and put the GLUE on the bottom screws!

I've tried to unscrew the pump, and now the bottom bolt is stripped. So, it is unusable.

WTF??? Cmon, I was able as well to GLUE! At least I was no putting it on the SCREWS!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Guys, BAD NEWS.
So, I've received the "NEW HIGH SUPER PRESSURE" 1U ES Reservoir from Alphacool...

Well, they just GLUED with some kind of thermal glue the base, NOT ONLY!

They put on top a DDC310, screwed like hell and put the GLUE on the bottom screws!

I've tried to unscrew the pump, and now the bottom bolt is stripped. So, it is unusable.

WTF??? Cmon, I was able as well to GLUE! At least I was no putting it on the SCREWS!

On the plus side...we can just glue/seal the "regular" version and use any DDC we want :D