Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gassydoc

Cable Smoosher
May 1, 2020
I’m looking into the SF750 as well. The Corsair site’s got auto-notify on restock, and they’re giving out 10% off coupons if you jump through some hoops.

I pre-purchased mine in AU. Seems like most places were out of stock and the PC store had one laying around not listed on inventory.

• Wow
Reactions: Odd_Fox

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
Funny story: the first time I heard about "wrong gpu orientation" was when the first decent vertical motherboard cases appeared: SILVERSTONE FT02. Then many people discovered what "wick" means when talking about heatpipes and how orientation affects its cooling capacity. Simply put: a heatpipe has a phase change within... and orientation makes it less efficient regardings its natural flow (it being: liquid gets hot, it evaporates, it drops its heat towards the fins, condenses back into liquid, and evaporates again).
If this is common then it sounds like we're choosing either optimal case airflow and sub-optimal gpu cooling or vice-versa. Buuut most of the posted gpu thermals with the upside down case configuration look good so maybe high inverted gpu temps is an uncommon issue?

Reactions: F7IN

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio, did Alphacool send you the new 1U DDC?

I’m looking to get that unit for some testing.
Still haven’t received the tracking code if there is any.
They say it was ready, but here in Denmark was holiday from Thursday, so everything has stopped till today.

I will let you know ASAP!

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
If this is common then it sounds like we're choosing either optimal case airflow and sub-optimal gpu cooling or vice-versa. Buuut most of the posted gpu thermals with the upside down case configuration look good so maybe high inverted gpu temps is an uncommon issue?
Not all GPU coolers use heat pipes though(sure most do), and half the temps posted in this thread are water cooled anyway?

Reactions: DrHudacris

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020

As I remember, when Optimum Tech tested flipped orientation with his 2080Ti, he got 2C drop in GPU temps.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
As I remember, when Optimum Tech tested flipped orientation with his 2080Ti, he got 2C drop in GPU temps.
Not for the 2080 ti orientation though! He got it just because the fans on top helps to exhaust the hot air from the GPU.

Reactions: grinny

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
What cooler is that? Sad to hear its difficult to fit a 3 slot card in with an AIO as I have a 3 slot 2070s and a corsair H60. I'll probably just try very hard to squeeze it all in.

On another note, only a week till June! I can't wait. Been checking this thread every day since February and the time has almost finally arrived!

The cooler is a Corsair H60

Not for the 2080 ti orientation though! He got it just because the fans on top helps to exhaust the hot air from the GPU.

If you flip the case and put some sort of long legs to it the fans are helping exhaust from the gpu just as well.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
That was my first thought as well.
Not all GPU coolers use heat pipes though(sure most do), and half the temps posted in this thread are water cooled anyway?
I was planning an all air cooled build with a 3-slot gpu for noise reduction, but I may have to research inverted gpu performance a little more before committing.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That was my first thought as well.

I was planning an all air cooled build with a 3-slot gpu for noise reduction, but I may have to research inverted gpu performance a little more before committing.
For noise reduction the best is to be in 3slots mode and using a 2slots GPU. The main source of noise are the GPU fan against the side panel.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
For noise reduction the best is to be in 3slots mode and using a 2slots GPU. The main source of noise are the GPU fan against the side panel.
Interesting, I didn’t know there was contact! I wonder if the 2.75 slot models allow enough clearance.

TheOnlyPan

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
So I messaged Alphacool on Facebook regarding the ST25 and said it’s launching middle/end of next month. They couldn’t tell me the MSRP and the thing doesn’t have a fill port on the opposite side like the ST30 ?

• Sad
Reactions: SoSquidTaste

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Wahaha360 Is this change to the V 1.1 the same cutout as done by Navic here? Or is it somewhere else as it says for cables as opposed to tubing
It is similar to mine, but a bit bigger. Here is the post that talks about it, with the graphic showing what it is.
Added to GPU Tab and SFX changes to V1.1 update.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
it's not that there is contact, but rather turbulence noise. :)
I suppose it’s a trade-off then between higher turbulence but lower fan rpm on a three slot gpu vs lower turbulence but a higher fan rpm on a 2 slot gpu ( in the 3-slot config).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I guess, at high load they are the same, at lower load, same as well. In the 3 slots gli in general there is a fan more, sometimes a bit smaller like 80mm instead of 92mm. The main difference is that they just clock higher for a longer period. :)

Last edited:

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
So I messaged Alphacool on Facebook regarding the ST25 and said it’s launching middle/end of next month. They couldn’t tell me the MSRP and the thing doesn’t have a fill port on the opposite side like the ST30 ?
Regarding the fill port it was pretty much expected, they're just going to sell the same radiator that they use to assemble LT240s.

I also sent them a message about the rad a few weeks ago and they told me "it's coming in a few days, just hold off with your order" so I waited and waited until after weeks of waiting they're like "yeah it'll take another month or so" so I said F this noise and went with the EK Classic SE.

Then I ordered the res and pump from Alphacool which took them soooo long to ship even though it was in stock, while EK took 2 days from order to delivery.
Great products but seriously disappointed with their communication...

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Man catching up with this forum is a full time job :D

I've had similar experience with Alphacool, disappointing to say the least. I knew the order would take a while as some bit was on back order, but zero communication about shipping updates and when I told them that the SATA to 3 pin power adapter was faulty, they stated that from my photo "it looks fine" and then stopped replying. Add to that the fact that their stuff scratches easily and has poor QC and design (like the pump/block plasticiser issue) it's just left a bad taste.

I really don't see them as a premium option.