Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I like, a lot! Where can I throw money?

If your thinking of a screen please consider one of those supported by AIDA64.

It’s what I used here:

@Thermo is handling the screen, you will have to ask him, not familiar with the display part.

Reactions: arthasdklol

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
As fun as cramming things that don't belong into SFF cases is, maybe there's another solution? I really worry about hard mounted HDDs, especially in SFF cases that are more likely to get moved around. Vibration damage is a real problem long term and even RAID 1 isn't a great solution if both drives are crammed into the same case vibrating against each other.
@gwertheim, what are your actual storage needs? Why do you want/need large formfactor storage? Could large, cheapish SATA SSDs really not meet your storage requirements? By my count, you could easily fit as much as x4 4TB SSDs using a combination of M.2 and 2.5" SSDs, or save some money and grab a couple 4TB 2.5" HDDs. $200~ 14TB WD EasyShare external HDDs are also an option... Personally I much prefer centralized network storage over large scale local storage. Maybe that's just the network engineer speaking though.

On a side note,
I'm actually trying to combine a NUC board, an M.2 - x4 SATA adapter, and a x3 5.25" to x5 3.5" storage adapter for a super SFF 60-70TB storage server, so I'm all for large scale storage in a compact/portable formfactor. I just don't know that this case is the safest place for 12+TB of your storage.

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020
Update regarding chromax noctua products in german language

I've texted noctua about the Black L12s and NH-A12x25 Chromax and this is what they answered: "..... Due to the global COVID-19 crisis the launches of eventual new products (I've asked them specifically about these two products) have to be postponed. However, we try to introduce these products this year. (hopefully the two mentioned products among them) ..."

Sounds exciting! Very good idea @Wahaha360 , thanks for reminding them that there are some niches in their range of products ?

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
@Wahaha360 is anyone keeping track of the early builds? Would love to see some links to the 1st batch builder logs, @fabio's is awesome, and some of the other pics posted in this thread are cool to check out, but I know that people are posting other shots elsewhere. They could serve as supplemental info for new buyers, curious to explore the cases potential while avoiding hangups that others have already run into.
They did something similar with the Cerberus cases, leaving links to a few early/extreme build logs to showcase their potential.

Reactions: Gerold

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
As fun as cramming things that don't belong into SFF cases is, maybe there's another solution? I really worry about hard mounted HDDs, especially in SFF cases that are more likely to get moved around. Vibration damage is a real problem long term and even RAID 1 isn't a great solution if both drives are crammed into the same case vibrating against each other.
@gwertheim, what are your actual storage needs? Why do you want/need large formfactor storage? Could large, cheapish SATA SSDs really not meet your storage requirements? By my count, you could easily fit as much as x4 4TB SSDs using a combination of M.2 and 2.5" SSDs, or save some money and grab a couple 4TB 2.5" HDDs. $200~ 14TB WD EasyShare external HDDs are also an option... Personally I much prefer centralized network storage over large scale local storage. Maybe that's just the network engineer speaking though.

On a side note,
I'm actually trying to combine a NUC board, an M.2 - x4 SATA adapter, and a x3 5.25" to x5 3.5" storage adapter for a super SFF 60-70TB storage server, so I'm all for large scale storage in a compact/portable formfactor. I just don't know that this case is the safest place for 12+TB of your storage.

I don't, someone else was asking about it, they wanted to put in two HDD's. All I need is an M.2 and a SSD.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
@Wahaha360 is anyone keeping track of the early builds? Would love to see some links to the 1st batch builder logs, @fabio's is awesome, and some of the other pics posted in this thread are cool to check out, but I know that people are posting other shots elsewhere. They could serve as supplemental info for new buyers, curious to explore the cases potential while avoiding hangups that others have already run into.
They did something similar with the Cerberus cases, leaving links to a few early/extreme build logs to showcase their potential.

Here you go..

Here is the list of links that should hopefully be helpful to some people that have missed a lot of info. The first half is disorganized and kind of a mess (I will go back and try and fix it). It is definitely not a comprehensive list for everything. I also may have missed somethings, but hopefully this helps people narrow down their search for any questions they may have. If there is anything huge that I missed, or something I should add let me know. It is not done yet (I need to go do some homework), so I will finish it later tonight.

I wanna thank @pwnedundies for helping with this and for giving some feedback on the list of information in the sheet.

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
@Thermo, whats the plan with the screen?

Please can you pick a screen with Aida64 support? So I can make it do this:

Originally I was thinking micro or mini led because it would be easy to control and conform to different sizes. However, cost would probably be an issue for people. Another option here would be to do a pixelated disay similar to top of the g14 from Asus.

As what @Wahaha360 mentioned since then we have started to look at eink or LCD. LCD for infinity mirror is showing more promise but would require special tooling to make up for some of the restrains we decided we needed (such as wireless).

Having started to think we should put it behind the infinity mirror has opened some new easier doors to work with but new constraints. I'm in process of testing now. I am actually thinking direct light led matrix similar to what you'd find in old school digital alarm clocks would look super cool in the infinity mirror. I am a little concerned about the detail of the display being hard to read when reflected a million times.

Last edited:

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
Could you put the screen behind the grill and take a photo?
Originally I wanted to do this, but we sort of decided against it cause to make it readable it would potentially take up a lot of the grill blocking airflow. I've tested an individual wired pixel display with individual LEDs on each hole but this isn't practical for the home user as there are wires everywhere. Airflow wasn't affected though :D

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I just checked the depth through the top panel down to the edge of the motherboard; 45 mm (assuming 1mm panel thickness). There are some challenges though, as the width of this space is narrower than 120mm. The space from panel to bracket is 43mm, i guess if you don't use brackets at all it's 44mm.

For now, I'm running slim Noctuas, chromax thanks to @pwnedundies ! Attached Phanteks halos as well. So that's 20.5 mm radiator + 15mm fan (no rubber pads) + 6mm Phanteks Halo= 41.5mm.

I think it's best not to assume things of others. @fabio could be very wealthy, a water-cooling enthusiastic extraordinaire, or wants a quiet compute PC for his work or something else. Or all of the above.

I'm over here playing Halo Master Chief collection with a 1080ti. GPU doesn't even hit max clocks.
Would you pick the same radiator starting from scratch? Do you feel any benefits with 3 fans or going with thicker rad would be better option?
Not sure if I had already asked you this.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I just checked the depth through the top panel down to the edge of the motherboard; 45 mm (assuming 1mm panel thickness). There are some challenges though, as the width of this space is narrower than 120mm. The space from panel to bracket is 43mm, i guess if you don't use brackets at all it's 44mm.

For now, I'm running slim Noctuas, chromax thanks to @pwnedundies ! Attached Phanteks halos as well. So that's 20.5 mm radiator + 15mm fan (no rubber pads) + 6mm Phanteks Halo= 41.5mm.

I think it's best not to assume things of others. @fabio could be very wealthy, a water-cooling enthusiastic extraordinaire, or wants a quiet compute PC for his work or something else. Or all of the above.

I'm over here playing Halo Master Chief collection with a 1080ti. GPU doesn't even hit max clocks.
Never seen Chromax RGB, is this custom?

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
And it's "cheap"! 40EUR in EU.
The AquaSuite software is included for every compatible accessories with an USB internal connection. So, if you buy also a Flow Meter with an integrated USB controller, the software is included with free upgrades for a period based on the class of the device bought.
After, IF you want to keep the upgrading service, you pay 9 EUR one year, 15 for 2 years, Or buy another device. But the version you had before the expiration of your upgrade service, is for life, so, it's not a big deal if it's working ? .

BTWm here you can find the sensors, flow, pressure, temp, etc.

I have the last of the list, an "Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT ultra and poweradjust" + the "Flow 3 PIN cable that is not included.
I've chosen this because I had the QUADRO so I can connect them, but of course you can buy also only the Flow Sensor with the USB connection.It's the same

BTW, here you can see how can be compact the system even with a 40mm rad (the only sticking out part is the flow connector).
Under AIDA stressing both GPU and CPU for 60 minutes I got only 10 degrees of DELTA between the coolant and the ambient temperature, MAX 77 degree for the CPU and 47 degrees for the GPU.
So eager to try the XE!!

Hey Fabio, did you try a thick rad in 120mm version? I'm guessing as there is more space available in 120 rad you could probably put a thick 120 without having to exclude top panels. Can't remember who used a push/pull on a 120 rad. I'd rather get just push on a thicker rad than push/pull in same configuration.

I'm concerned about the width tho, as you mentioned they increase and might collide with side panels