Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
I know there is always that guy that poses this question when HDDs are brought up, but I'll do it anyway...

Why, in this day and age, where SSDs have the capacity and the low pricing they have, would you ever want an HDD in your main build?

Let's not even put SFF in the equation, b/c that only makes this more rhetorical than it already is... it just makes no sense to me. If you have a ton of photos, film, or music... build a server PC away from your desk to save on the horrific spinning noise and case bulk, and leave all the quiet sex-appeal on your desk to the SFF cases with M.2 drives and SSDs.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives or anything, b/c you do you... but I have a hard time even recommending SATA SSDs anymore b/c M.2s are so well priced and have decent capacity, and all without the cable mess lol.
I can see how someone might not want to go out and buy a 4+TB SSD right now, those are still kinda pricey (using my HDD for shadowplay recordings, for example)

Lasersundae

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 18, 2020
I've been lurking since Optimum Tech video on the Sidearm T1 at Computex 2019. More hype when he recently reviewed it on his YouTube channel back in Feb 2020. I can wait for it to be more available, but if I can get it a bit earlier via a reserve list, then fantastic.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
Lurker posting for the survey. Been following this case since around June or July last year but I don't usually post on forums.

Gyoza.SFF

Case Bender
New User
Apr 18, 2020
Best looking SFF case w/ endless possibilities! Cancelled my order for the Ghost S1, because the T1 appears to be much more versatile in terms of cooling solutions (one could argue that Ghost S1 has top hats in different sizes to accommodate different cooling solutions, but in my opinion, that’s going to ruin the aesthetic). Can’t wait to get my hands on this bad boy. I have all my parts ready. Just need the case and some custom cables now! ?

i9-9900K
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
Corsair SF750 Platinum
Samsung EVO 970 Plus 1TB

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Btw, just a suggestion - put the layout type on the title thread. There are 2 Sidearmd main threads & at a glance/for newcomers they're hard to differentiate.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
that's sad, maybe it's just a fitting to tight or something?
Or is it leaking elsewhere?
No, I’ve tested the entire loop parts to parts and fittings to fittings.
tested the radiator only, and I’ve seen e the pressure drop. I’ve put some water inside, closed and tilted.
It’ a corner inside the radiator where the water drops. I think it is a faulty one.?
I will use a PE for now.

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
No, I’ve tested the entire loop parts to parts and fittings to fittings.
tested the radiator only, and I’ve seen e the pressure drop. I’ve put some water inside, closed and tilted.
It’ a corner inside the radiator where the water drops. I think it is a faulty one.?
I will use a PE for now.
That scares the crap outta me bc I’m not the type of person to check for pressure drop before slapping it in and setting and forgetting... do ya’ll have insurance for your rigs? ?

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
BAD NEWS, the XE leaks! I have to swap it, so the ALL IN loop have to wait!

(Checked with the EK Leak Tester and with distilled water just in it)
That EK leak tester is amazing! Just used it yesterday. Saved my build for sure.

I'm am not sure how you are using the TPV in the T1. I used it in a Sliger sm580 and that stuff it so rigid but maybe they all are? It was my first time water cooling so idk.

Do you think the eisstation dc-lt 80 would fit in the T1? I'm doubting it but the reservoir made filling the loop pretty easy.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
That scares the crap outta me bc I’m not the type of person to check for pressure drop before slapping it in and setting and forgetting... do ya’ll have insurance for your rigs? ?
Just buy one of the leak testers. I know $40 is a bit but at the same time it's not when you're talking watercooling. You won't spend a better $40 for the hobby. The EK leak tester saved my butt yesterday. If I wouldn't have used it I 100% would have had a leak in my PC.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That EK leak tester is amazing! Just used it yesterday. Saved my build for sure.

I'm am not sure how you are using the TPV in the T1. I used it in a Sliger sm580 and that stuff it so rigid but maybe they all are? It was my first time water cooling so idk.

Do you think the eisstation dc-lt 80 would fit in the T1? I'm doubting it but the reservoir made filling the loop pretty easy.
If you check my build log you can see how I’ve route the TPV! They are a bit harder, but because of the ticker walls, you can not worry about the kink and coolant evaporation. They have the same principle of the EKWB ZMT tubes.

about the Eisstation 80, in dimensions it fits, but how do you want to place it? Because for me was not ideal, because on top it doesn’t have a port, so flipping 180 degree the case to have the radiator on top will cause to have the reservoir top facing down...

But maybe you can find a solution!

Reactions: pwnedundies

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
If you check my build log you can see how I’ve route the TPV! They are a bit harder, but because of the ticker walls, you can not worry about the kink and coolant evaporation. They have the same principle of the EKWB ZMT tubes.

about the Eisstation 80, in dimensions it fits, but how do you want to place it? Because for me was not ideal, because on top it doesn’t have a port, so flipping 180 degree the case to have the radiator on top will cause to have the reservoir top facing down...

But maybe you can find a solution!
facing down with the case flipped only? I currently have it sideways. most likely not ideal but like you said with the way the holes are placed it's and odd mount so i went with it in a horizontal orientation for now. maybe with more experience I could fix it.

I really like the tubing I guess I just didn't realize how rough it would be. I really applaud your willingness to take everything apart so often. I read all the time about how people say they will never go back to watercooling because it's not worth it but in a sffpc I don't think I could ever go back to air cooling. The noise reduction is incredible. And honestly even though it took me forever it's one of the most rewarding things I have done. I think I enjoy the process more than the use lol.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
For anyone in the US that might need some fittings that work with 8/11 tubing modmymods has some compression fittings for preorder. I sent an email to their support and they are ordering more and enabling preordering them for when they come in stock. The support guy said it would be 2-3 weeks before their supplier gets them in, but if you can wait it might be a good option.