Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I finally had a free day and got my ghetto power button yesterday, so I decided to move my PC over to the case today. Like I thought the ridiculously long cables included with the Corsair SF600 platinum make it incredibly crammed and I’ll look into some custom cables. Can anyone recommend something reasonably priced?

I will collect my thoughts tomorrow and finally provide my lengthy feedback via the survey. I’m very sorry for the delay, but with the current situation there were various reasons why I couldn’t build it earlier.

There was one issue I ran into that I didn’t anticipate and I’m pretty sure it’s an issue on my end. Like many others I’m running an Alphacool LT240. Many only use the radiator, but I think the radiator itself is the source of my headache I bought 2 Noctua NF A12x15 PWM fans that I sandwiched between the radiator and the mounting brackets like everyone else seems to do. The issue is that I just cant get the top panel to close. I noticed that Optimum Tech didnt even use scews on his most recent build to get a few more millimeters to play with.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a way to fix it? I'll look into it tomorrow, its midnight already and I should give it a rest for today :).

Here's just a quick pic with terrible lighting, but I think you can see what I'm talking about:

Ahh I see the issue. I don't think you should be using the brackets! Use the short bracket under the motherboard and no bracket under the PSU. Should fit fine like that and you can use a full size fan on the PSU side also with the short bracket.

Cyberratchet

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
Ahh I see the issue. I don't think you should be using the brackets! Use the short bracket under the motherboard and no bracket under the PSU. Should fit fine like that and you can use a full size fan on the PSU side also with the short bracket.

Oh my, the whole bracket situation is really confusing. Thank you very, very much. I'll try that tomorrow, but you must be right. Just looking at it from the side would explain why I am a few millimeters short when I'm using the brackets when I shouldnt.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
I know there is always that guy that poses this question when HDDs are brought up, but I'll do it anyway...

Why, in this day and age, where SSDs have the capacity and the low pricing they have, would you ever want an HDD in your main build?

Let's not even put SFF in the equation, b/c that only makes this more rhetorical than it already is... it just makes no sense to me. If you have a ton of photos, film, or music... build a server PC away from your desk to save on the horrific spinning noise and case bulk, and leave all the quiet sex-appeal on your desk to the SFF cases with M.2 drives and SSDs.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives or anything, b/c you do you... but I have a hard time even recommending SATA SSDs anymore b/c M.2s are so well priced and have decent capacity, and all without the cable mess lol.
For me, it's more of a "because I can" rather than an actual need - a datahoarding equivalent of what @fabio did with the gpus ;)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The Titan RTX Naked! I think NVIDIA had a lot of fun choosing the thermal pad colors and position. On the same chokes there are some white and some blue?? WTF? ?

The V was way more elegant!

FYI, the new EKWB Vector Block (NON CLASSIC) have the backplate (to buy separate) LONGER!!!, to cover the RGB/Plastic at the end of the GPU block (I've removed it).
This means less clearance to mount the DDC as I did last time with the Alphacool 1U ES Reservoir.

Here you can see the DDC with an EKWB Top and a 16/10 fitting+ZMT tubes (I am just trying to use EKWB stuff for fun)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
The Titan RTX Naked! I think NVIDIA had a lot of fun choosing the thermal pad colors and position. On the same chokes there are some white and some blue?? WTF? ?

The V was way more elegant!

FYI, the new EKWB Vector Block (NON CLASSIC) have the backplate (to buy separate) LONGER!!!, to cover the RGB/Plastic at the end of the GPU block (I've removed it).
This means less clearance to mount the DDC as I did last time with the Alphacool 1U ES Reservoir.

Here you can see the DDC with an EKWB Top and a 16/10 fitting+ZMT tubes (I am just trying to use EKWB stuff for fun)

Stop posting naked pictures of GPU's

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I know there is always that guy that poses this question when HDDs are brought up, but I'll do it anyway...

Why, in this day and age, where SSDs have the capacity and the low pricing they have, would you ever want an HDD in your main build?

Let's not even put SFF in the equation, b/c that only makes this more rhetorical than it already is... it just makes no sense to me. If you have a ton of photos, film, or music... build a server PC away from your desk to save on the horrific spinning noise and case bulk, and leave all the quiet sex-appeal on your desk to the SFF cases with M.2 drives and SSDs.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives or anything, b/c you do you... but I have a hard time even recommending SATA SSDs anymore b/c M.2s are so well priced and have decent capacity, and all without the cable mess lol.
I'm a data hoarder that doesn't want to put the money into making a server. Just putting drives in my system (that have larger capacities than SSDs have) is a lot easier than having to not only build a server, but then have a place to put it, and also pay for the extra hardware needed for a server. Personally, I use 2 external hard drives, because I don't need a server if I only need 2 external drives for everything I need. And cloud based options are out of the question (but I still use it for smaller, but still important files) because I'm limited by internet speed, and sometimes even the service themselves if I need to download multiple things at once, and they need to make it into a .zip file.

My solution is having some external hard drives on my desk and keeping my main system all SSD based with all the storage I can get out of them. This way I can keep the most important stuff on my actual system, and out the data hoarding stuff on my externals, so if I have to go somewhere I can have the important stuff, and once I get back I can offload all the data I amassed onto the external drives.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Hello. I work as a seaman and few months ago one of my fellow crew member showed me his sffpc and long story short now I'm writing this post to try get my hands on one of these in order to embrace pcmasterrace at high seas. Wish me luck :)

Welcome! I believe that this is a clear indication that seamen no longer build ships in a bottle! Now it is a SSFPC! ?

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

dwx

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 17, 2020
Nice project mate. Possible get magnetic panels with antidust mash? Like on corsair 250D. Thanks.

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Please refer to Page 1, Post 1.

As far I know this was just in the render and it's not decided if it's gonna happen, so at the moment there is no I/O on the case itself (apart form the board I/O on the back obviously).

Also there are not many itx boards that have got an usb-c header anyway.
Everything else, like measurements and recommended parts you can find in the first post or search this thread.
I just cried a little after realizing that there isn’t a C port on the front... and then cried more once I looked at the board I was planning to get and realized it doesn’t have the header for it either... WHYYYYYY?????

• Wow
Reactions: Gerold

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
I made a few changes to the vertical mount base I mentioned a few pages back.
Here's a new thread for it as I didn't want to take this one off topic.

TheOnlyPan

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Hello! Been a lurker on this thread for the past 2-3 months, but now posting hoping to get a unit reserved. Too bad there's no way to prove I've been lurking for that long :( Super excited to make this my daily for university!

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
Hello! Been a lurker on this thread for the past 2-3 months, but now posting hoping to get a unit reserved. Too bad there's no way to prove I've been lurking for that long :( Super excited to make this my daily for university!

I know how you feel. haha. I was lurking since Dec 2019.

nicholasmark

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2016

2020-04-15 Update: T1 Reserve Survey

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which help me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.

There you go.

bROMEOui

Case Bender
New User
Apr 18, 2020
Been lurking for a long time too! Making this post just to get in line now.. hopefully there’s another way to get in line!