Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Caedis

Cable Smoosher
Feb 18, 2020
yes, that’s how I fill my loop.

Nice! Anything I should know about the method that might not be obvious? Do you use the quick disconnects when draining the loop or do you add separate fittings?

Any insight or advice would be very appreciated! Thank you!

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
@fabio is 2 HDDs possible in the T1?
Pretty sure that even IF you find a way to securely mount a pair of 3.5" HDDs, it's going to involve 3M tape which is not going to provide vibration protection for the spinning rust.
Fine for SSDs, really bad for HDDs long term.
I'd personally recommend sticking with a case that can support them properly if you really need more storage than you can manage with M.2 and 2.5" SSDs.
That said, there ARE 4TB SSDs, Sabrent even makes one in M.2 formfactor.
If you can manage the bifurcation setup that @fabio pulled off (was totally planning to do the same by the way, just not with a 2nd GPU because I'm not CRAZY LoL) there are 6.4TB PCIe SSDs that pop up on eBay all the time for really reasonable prices.

Last edited:

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
@fabio / @Wahaha360 for the full hood off, muscle car mode, how much height do you have to clear with fans before you can fit radiators wider than 120mm?
ie, would you need 38mm fans to clear the case before mounting something ridiculous like a NexXxos Monsta?

kladze

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 17, 2020
Lurker here for about 1½ month... really looking forward to this case and now praying to be part of the small group selected to get a case. really want to get away from my current custom loop and into a smaller case. Always been a huge wish for me - Something like distroplates/lt240 is something i will be going for in this majestic case!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
You mean, OFFICIALLY or IF There is just space to have them properly placed? ?
With all that you have done I'm sure you could find a way to make them officially supported

Edit: I went ahead and got out my old 3.5" HDD, and what I found is that yes, there is space for 2 3.5" HDDs if you have no fans, but they barely fit, and there is no room for cables for one of the drives. One 3.5" drive should fit and be able to have a fan installed as well, but you won't be able to use a radiator. You might also be able to fit 2 drives stacked on top of each other if mounted below the PSU, but the motherboard might get in the way. And then there's also the problem that there's no way to mount them, so good luck with that.

Last edited:

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
which is not going to provide vibration protection for the spinning rust.
You're right, vibration issue making me sad
With all that you have done I'm sure you could find a way to make them officially supported
If it's easy to add holes on the bottom to properly secure the 2 hdds. although im not asking for this, i'd like to use it since i don't need any fans or rad currently. plus more options always better

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
You're right, vibration issue making me sad

If it's easy to add holes on the bottom to properly secure the 2 hdds. although im not asking for this, i'd like to use it since i don't need any fans or rad currently. plus more options always better
I taped mine to some styrofoam to provide protection for that, you could also try using some rubber

but it's definitely not officially supported to put those HDDs in there

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019

Edit: I went ahead and got out my old 3.5" HDD, and what I found is that yes, there is space for 2 3.5" HDDs if you have no fans, but they barely fit, and there is no room for cables for one of the drives. One 3.5" drive should fit and be able to have a fan installed as well, but you won't be able to use a radiator. You might also be able to fit 2 drives stacked on top of each other if mounted below the PSU, but the motherboard might get in the way. And then there's also the problem that there's no way to mount them, so good luck with that.
I'm thinking maybe there would be a way to 3d-print scaffolding for it? Any chance you could put some pictures up of this or straight up say that nothing more will fit in there so abandon all hope?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I'm thinking maybe there would be a way to 3d-print scaffolding for it? Any chance you could put some pictures up of this or straight up say that nothing more will fit in there so abandon all hope?

If there is physical space for it (which there seems to be per @Navic , a 3D printed bracket would work. Here is one on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3711265

You can print them yourself or use many of the 3D printing services available.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
If there is physical space for it (which there seems to be per @Navic , a 3D printed bracket would work. Here is one on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3711265

You can print them yourself or use many of the 3D printing services available.
That could work, but not in the way that it is pictured. It would have to be rotated 90 degrees, so you would attach it to one of the supports instead of two

Reactions: DrHudacris

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I know there is always that guy that poses this question when HDDs are brought up, but I'll do it anyway...

Why, in this day and age, where SSDs have the capacity and the low pricing they have, would you ever want an HDD in your main build?

Let's not even put SFF in the equation, b/c that only makes this more rhetorical than it already is... it just makes no sense to me. If you have a ton of photos, film, or music... build a server PC away from your desk to save on the horrific spinning noise and case bulk, and leave all the quiet sex-appeal on your desk to the SFF cases with M.2 drives and SSDs.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives or anything, b/c you do you... but I have a hard time even recommending SATA SSDs anymore b/c M.2s are so well priced and have decent capacity, and all without the cable mess lol.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
While we're still on the topic of hard drives and SSDs...you can buy individual brackets from sliger and fix them to the fan brackets. You can convert one fan space and mount four (!) additional 2.5 drives or 1 3.5 drive (in my opinion, 3.5 drives are very space inefficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

Cyberratchet

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
I finally had a free day and got my ghetto power button yesterday, so I decided to move my PC over to the case today. Like I thought the ridiculously long cables included with the Corsair SF600 platinum make it incredibly crammed and I’ll look into some custom cables. Can anyone recommend something reasonably priced?

I will collect my thoughts tomorrow and finally provide my lengthy feedback via the survey. I’m very sorry for the delay, but with the current situation there were various reasons why I couldn’t build it earlier.

There was one issue I ran into that I didn’t anticipate and I’m pretty sure it’s an issue on my end. Like many others I’m running an Alphacool LT240. Many only use the radiator, but I think the radiator itself is the source of my headache I bought 2 Noctua NF A12x15 PWM fans that I sandwiched between the radiator and the mounting brackets like everyone else seems to do. The issue is that I just cant get the top panel to close. I noticed that Optimum Tech didnt even use scews on his most recent build to get a few more millimeters to play with.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a way to fix it? I'll look into it tomorrow, its midnight already and I should give it a rest for today :).

Here's just a quick pic with terrible lighting, but I think you can see what I'm talking about:

Reactions: Doppler9