Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Basriy

Chassis Packer
Feb 18, 2020
I've built my case, uploaded some photos, filled in the survey. But after that nothing happened, just enjoying my build. Hope I didn't fall short of admins/producers' sympathy. ?

JoeyCoffeeCakes

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Been following the SFF scene, and came across videos optimum tech did on the FormD T1 and absolutely fell in love. Been building PCs as a hobby since 2009, my current build is in an NZXT h210 and it looks like a giant compared to proper SFF. Hope to make this my first SFF build! Thanks!

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
The next one is Ryzen Zen 3 4000 (Gen4 according to AMD)
APU same digits (3000) but previous Gen (Gen2 Ryzen+)
Mobile is 1digit further (4000) but actual Gen (Gen3 Ryzen 2)

It’s a mess, ahahahhaha!!
Not Intels mess, 10980xe+2.0v6.9 or some shit lol

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
You mean, OFFICIALLY or IF There is just space to have them properly placed? ?
If you can fit a 25mm fan you can fit a 3.5" HHD. Mounting is another story. Will be cool when people start producing custom mounting that can be 3D printed.

Another place would be in the GPU side. Depending on the length of your card you could probably put a drive there and not sacrifice your fan mount area.

nicholasmark

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2016
Just for sharing...

My build specs:
intel skylake 6600 + noctua L12S
gigabyte h170n-wifi
zotac gtx 1070ti mini
ram 16gb DDR4 2133mhz
corsair sf600 platinum
m.2 SSD x 1
2.5 inch SSD x 1
3.5 inch HDD x 1 (yes, i put it in, why not?)

*Temporary system - problem with Ryzen 3600 system

riser installation: i believe i got it right this time... i hope...

Note: need to decide from start whether to flip the case or not if using L12S, because the cooler fins will not fit in horizontal orientation, ideally the heat pipes orientation need to be from bottom going upwards

Yes, there's a 3.5 inch drive there, why not?
Note: fan touching the side panel because the GPU is not perfectly straight, had to put some pads

Note: for 2.5 inch SSD, ideally use 90 degree cable for both sata & power

Weirdly... I'm not a RGB fan but now i wish there's a bit more RGB goodness...

During the build, i realized how each piece is carefully designed to be modular, functional
It's not just an amazing case, it's art
The things missing now: the custom power switch for T1 and some custom cables

Thanks for this amazing product! Hopefully stock will be constantly available for others

Looking forward to see how others build theirs
@fabio is 2 HDDs possible in the T1?

One of the test shipper had a build where he managed to install a 3.5" HDD (unofficially) at the bottom (without a 240 rad), you can take a look at the 3rd picture he posted.

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
Hello everyone! I came across this beauty and now I am absolutely in love. I tried to find how to buy it but it looks like will have to read all the 286 pages ... how can I buy FormD-T1?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Has anyone tried the "quick disconnect method" to fill their small form factor loop? Optimum Tech mentioned it in one of his videos that he was waiting for specific quick disconnects to try it out but then ended up not doing it.

I assume it works by having two sets of disconnects, one in your loop and then the other set attached the reservoir. You attached the reservoir and fill up the loop normally, then you disconnect the reservoir and reattach the two ends of the quick disconnects. Completely filled and bleed loop without needing to have a reservoir permanently in your system.

Anyone have any tips or advice about whether to use this method?

yes, that’s how I fill my loop.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Please refer to Page 1, Post 1.
Update 2019-07-18 : USB-C and SD Card Front I/O for those so curious

As far I know this was just in the render and it's not decided if it's gonna happen, so at the moment there is no I/O on the case itself (apart form the board I/O on the back obviously).
The Front I/O controller will requires a controller which makes it as expensive as a USB-C hub, and I might just drop it - will decide after Computex, it’s low priority atm.
Also there are not many itx boards that have got an usb-c header anyway.
Everything else, like measurements and recommended parts you can find in the first post or search this thread.

Last edited:

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Hope he at least keeps the usb-c. When Oculus Quest 2 comes out I'd hook it up directly to the front of the PC. Perfect VR machine. :-)

Please refer to Page 1, Post 1.

As far I know this was just in the render and it's not decided if it's gonna happen, so at the moment there is no I/O on the case itself (apart form the board I/O on the back obviously).

Also there are not many itx boards that have got an usb-c header anyway.
Everything else, like measurements and recommended parts you can find in the first post or search this thread.

CostcoCookie

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 17, 2020
I have been interested in building in <10L for a while and I think this is the case I want to build in! I just spend the last 5 hours reading through 280+ pages of this forum, but I am super surprised by all of the build's development and all your guy's builds. Extremely impressed by what you guys can push the case to and it has got me sucked in! I'm excited for everyone!

Reactions: DrHudacris