Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
My current solution for Zen2 is a flat RPM between 35C and 65C then sharply to max. It doesn't go to high setting often but when I need it most, like gaming then noise doesn't matter anyway. In Ghost with L12S RPM changes are more irritating than noise itself. Headphones, even open are enough. I will try with longer delay in UEFI (thanks @fabio ) but I'm no longer playing with Gigabyte software, some versions were conflicting with Windows preview at a point and it's just too risky, just loosing too much time. Same comment on Ryzen Master, cannot use it because it conflicts with Hyper-V.

Reasoning for R3600 was the same as @pwnedundies but I think it's worth replacing to top of Zen3 after about 18-24 months after release instead of upgrading the whole platform. What do you guys think about it?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
My current solution for Zen2 is a flat RPM between 35C and 65C then sharply to max. It doesn't go to high setting often but when I need it most, like gaming then noise doesn't matter anyway. In Ghost with L12S RPM changes are more irritating than noise itself. Headphones, even open are enough. I will try with longer delay in UEFI (thanks @fabio ) but I'm no longer playing with Gigabyte software, some versions were conflicting with Windows preview at a point and it's just too risky, just loosing too much time. Same comment on Ryzen Master, cannot use it because it conflicts with Hyper-V.

Reasoning for R3600 was the same as @pwnedundies but I think it's worth replacing to top of Zen3 after about 18-24 months after release instead of upgrading the whole platform. What do you guys think about it?
Just want to tell you that so far I had zero problems with the gigabyte software. I’ve only install the App Utility and this Smart Fan stuff to have More delay for the fans spin. ;)

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Just want to tell you that so far I had zero problems with the gigabyte software. I’ve only install the App Utility and this Smart Fan stuff to have More delay for the fans spin. ;)
Yes, I was only interested in fan control, but there was some weird G-something sync and after Windows update everything crashed. Green screen of death. Reinstalled and week after another crash, then played with limited startup and was able to uninstall. Maybe newer version of App Utility fixed it, maybe that was Windows preview and stable would be fine. It's just that I've got burned and feel it's not worth the risk. Also this software feels bloated, too many unnecessary services in the background, and doesn't show up to date updates available. I've read somewhere that Gigabyte said about themselves that they're not a software company and won't invest in better tools. Not sure if that's true.

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020

Let us know how the Quadro is treating you. Thinking about buying that, too. Had an Aquaero LT back in the day I run a custom loop.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Ok, I bought the EK 240 D-RGB AIO, I will get the kaze flex slim rgb scythe fans next, will match the gpu nicely.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Let us know how the Quadro is treating you.

Just order it. You won't regret it.

And as you seem to be from Germany... you still have those 14 days within wich you can send it back and get a full refund...

So... for those 40-ish bucks just order it.. (didn't check the latest price.. used to be around 40€).

I do have a lot of stuff from watercool and Aquacomputer.... I didn't regret a single buy!
- I did regred some buys from Alphacool though...

I know Alphacool is being hyped here and on YouTube - but... those two companies are simply another level. No offence....

Alphacool is just not as good as watercool and Aquacomputer (not even close).

Seriously.. no offence! That is just how I personally think it is after having bought and used countless parts of these 3 companies in a few hundred builds...

Yeah.. the LT240 might fit perfectly... But there is a reason why ppl look for alternatives... And it's not just a lack of availability...

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Let us know how the Quadro is treating you. Thinking about buying that, too. Had an Aquaero LT back in the day I run a custom loop.
I‘ve already used the QUADRO and Aquasuite. It’s such a cheap an amazing hardware!

And I agree with the amazing quality of AquaComputer and Watercool. Though, the “new” EKWB with its Torque and Magnitude CPU blocks is way beyond. I have the Kuplex Kryos Titanium PVD bla bla, the Heatkiller IV black copper and they are excellent, but the quality of the Magnitude is INSANE! (Still the price is too much)

For the GPU blocks is the opposite.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh man that's a beauty. Make it 280 tho! it should beat the D15 by a nice margin (I'm betting around 10°)

ps: could you do a nemesis gtx 280? :D
I need to check the length! If the 240 with 2x25mm fan will sit above the power supply cable, Also the 280 is feasible! But you have to use adapters to mount it on the 120mm fan brackets. That’s why I am still on the 240!

Reactions: Luke NK

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I need to check the length! If the 240 with 2x25mm fan will sit above the power supply cable, Also the 280 is feasible! But you have to use adapters to mount it on the 120mm fan brackets. That’s why I am still on the 240!
Wait, what?
You think you can fit 280 AIO?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Just order it. You won't regret it.

And as you seem to be from Germany... you still have those 14 days within wich you can send it back and get a full refund...

So... for those 40-ish bucks just order it.. (didn't check the latest price.. used to be around 40€).

I do have a lot of stuff from watercool and Aquacomputer.... I didn't regret a single buy!
- I did regred some buys from Alphacool though...

I know Alphacool is being hyped here and on YouTube - but... those two companies are simply another level. No offence....

Alphacool is just not as good as watercool and Aquacomputer (not even close).

Seriously.. no offence! That is just how I personally think it is after having bought and used countless parts of these 3 companies in a few hundred builds...

Yeah.. the LT240 might fit perfectly... But there is a reason why ppl look for alternatives... And it's not just a lack of availability...
I had a water block for my GTX 1080 from Aquacomputer, amazing block.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Good... I have like 600 bucks on PayPal waiting to be spend...

Corsair SF600 Platinum
B450i Strix
2x16 GB Crucial Ballistic Sport LT @3600CL14
A somehow "weak" but reasonable 2060 super...
...and a 3700x (as well as a 3900x) already waiting to be seated.

As well as a Black Ice Nemesis 240 OEM, Magicool G2 Slim, EKWB 240Se Classic and others waiting to be of service....

I really need that case ?

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
They're really the stuff to go if you want it to be performant and affordable.

I'm very happy that you are happy with Alphacool!

The point here in Europe is... The watercool and Aquacomputer stuff is pretty much the same price... But way better in built-quality.

That might be different in other continents (price wise)... But here the choice (ordering from Europe) should be clear :)

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Same here. I already planned what to get. But I might just reuse some stuff I already have. With the expected delays I think I'll go straight towarsds RTX3000 or new AMD and Ryzen Gen3

Reactions: Cronos83