Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Firstly... WOW this thread blew up today! I was crazy busy at work all day and just finally got a chance to check the forums... 9 pages later, I'm caught up!

2020-04-15 Update: T1 Reserve Survey

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which helps me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.

This is sick! Thank you for yet again thinking about your consumers, and the people who have been following this project for such a long time.

A quick question for those who already have the T1 and uses or tried a Noctua L12S. Does the side mesh of the T1 allow to see metalic color of the cooler? (considering no noticeable leds inside the case).

I have zero LEDs in my build, and the L12S can very faintly be seen through the mesh, but only at certain angles. The light bounces off the metal just right, and it's a really nice aesthetic that I'm very much a fan of!

I'm sure @Brude27 can chime in on this :)

Thanks for the tag! I'm always happy to help when I can, as I might not have seen this while playing catch up to this thread this evening lol.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
All the lurkers are coming out of hiding lol. I was lucky to be part of the China QQ batch. The instructions aren't great though and I think im missing a few screws on the front panel and psu because the weight of the PSU makes it sag a bit and the front panel is wobbly for me. I'll probably have to add more screws somewhere.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
All the lurkers are coming out of hiding lol. I was lucky to be part of the China QQ batch. The instructions aren't great though and I think im missing a few screws on the front panel and psu because the weight of the PSU makes it sag a bit and the front panel is wobbly for me. I'll probably have to add more screws somewhere.

Not enough screws or screw holes?

sentimental

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 31, 2019
Is the space gray two tone still happening? iirc it was planned for q4 or 2021 q1?

btw it would be great if you kept a timeline (of the diff colors, accessories, etc) in the first post

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
In regards to accessories...

I would be interested in a frame to convert the T1 into a vertical case. Perhaps a base which it can sit on with the motherboard IO facing down.

Reactions: hprantis

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Wow, traffic for this thread is very heavy.. Two pages since i woke up this morning..

I would be interested in a frame to convert the T1 into a vertical case. Perhaps a base which it can sit on with the motherboard IO facing down.

It would be nice, but the base on IO will change a lot?

sheltem

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2018
With Zen2 you want liquid cooling, believe me. I've got a 3700X and a Black Ridge with Noctua A9-14 in my Dan A4-SFX and it was driving me mad in idle. AMD's frequency scaling is so aggressive that you get temperature spikes and even with a late but aggressive fan curve it leads to constant ramping up and down of the fan. For now I am using a fixed frequency (downclocking still works luckily) to control it. But as soon as the LT240 arrives I'll move back to my NCase.

Saw this reddit post the other week:

Basically you need to search for fan smoothing in your bios.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Does anyone have any plans on using the one, or both, of the holes at the back of the case for watercooling? I know Wahaha mentioned that it can be used for being able to fill the loop/ drain it, but I haven't seen anyone mention that they would use it.
if it turns out that it's possible to rotate an LT240 180 degrees and do short tubing runs (haven't seen anyone try it yet), then i'll be using the one on the gpu side as a fill port.

i mapped everything out and it should work using the bitspower 8/11 fittings, just waiting on the t1 to find out.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

I don't think that there will be a dedicated accessory for that considering that there is a strong possibility that the creator's next case will be a vertical one with better support for 240mm AIOs, and possibly even 280mm AIOs.

Reactions: Wahaha360

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
Here is the list of links that should hopefully be helpful to some people that have missed a lot of info. The first half is disorganized and kind of a mess (I will go back and try and fix it). It is definitely not a comprehensive list for everything. I also may have missed somethings, but hopefully this helps people narrow down their search for any questions they may have. If there is anything huge that I missed, or something I should add let me know. It is not done yet (I need to go do some homework), so I will finish it later tonight.

I wanna thank @pwnedundies for helping with this and for giving some feedback on the list of information in the sheet.
Thank you for your work!

Jibai

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 6, 2020
Another (recent) lurker coming out of the dark, showing interest, so @Wahaha360 can know how many people are interested in this impressive case.

Keep up the good work, we'll enjoy it when it becomes available.

BlackTiger

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Started to looking for T1 case since end of last year, however i am still waiting my gear items, like AMD 3900x, B550 ITX MB and 5Ghz Ram....etc
The pain of being a lurker, hopefully to contribute more in the near future.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Not enough screws or screw holes?
Neither, there's a lack of instructions for where to screw the screws. The PSU one I've seen pictures of people using the golden thingy so im missing something and idk about the front panel. It might be a lack of screw holes or I might just not be looking close enough.

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
Wow, traffic for this thread is very heavy.. Two pages since i woke up this morning..

It would be nice, but the base on IO will change a lot?

This is what I had in mind. The IO would be clear for any changes.

Reactions: masklee