Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
I don't have mine yet, this is a photo from a user in China.

The EK-AIO will work in *both 2-slot and 3-slot.

I know you already answered this somewhen in the past, but I wasn't able to find the exact information right now - how much space is there exactly for the radiator and fans? I might wanna go and get the EK-AIO instead of the LT240, but given those pictures I am not sure if it only works with one fan, like shown, or if still two fans would fit (one A12x25 and one A12x15)

Nemeses

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
Dual GPU is suppose to be a secret, oh well.

I was talking to Nemeses about moving his dual 2080TI build in Sliger SM580 into the T1, but I guess you beat him ?

Looking forward to migrating my NVLINK 2x 2080Ti's to the T1. Let's call it an experiment :).

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I know you already answered this somewhen in the past, but I wasn't able to find the exact information right now - how much space is there exactly for the radiator and fans? I might wanna go and get the EK-AIO instead of the LT240, but given those pictures I am not sure if it only works with one fan, like shown, or if still two fans would fit (one A12x25 and one A12x15)
One more space optimisation tip!

The Aorus X570 has space between the panel and the SSD/Chipset Heatsink, to have a slim 92mm fan if you want to have additional intake for the chipset (I have to admit though that the Gigabyte chipset are less warm than the Asus X570 Strix, and a lot of time the small fan doesn't spin).

You only need one GPU Fan Mini 4 Pin to PMW adapter like the EKWB one or the Gelid.

In my case I've removed the stock chipset cooler, put on the SSD an EKWB M.2 heatsink, and I was able to place the A9 25mm Chromax!

The chipset reach MAX 70 degrees under load, the VRM MAX 65 Degrees, and the SSD stay at around 56 C!

It stay very solid between the bottom panel and the riser! :)

NOW all the space is used! :D
View attachment 532
View attachment 533
maybe this helps

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Looking forward to migrating my NVLINK 2x 2080Ti's to the T1. Let's call it an experiment :).

I as well have two of them combined with a 9900k but cooled with 3x360+240...

And it's not always silent :D

So it's going to be a challenge to get those running in the T1 without overheating...

Your Sliger might have been good practice, but 2x280 rad is almost three times as much (cooling performance) as a single 240.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Hello everyone,

just signed up after reading all 256 pages of enthusiasm and things, that are already explained on page 1.

Like all of us, I really dig this case!

I am rocking a Lian Li O11 Dynamic with complete custom hardline watercooling and I think it's completely pointless for my usage. Also the CNCd aluminum and the mad space optimization is just too tempting.

First of all I want to speak out my respect for doing this project. All those repeating comments would drive me crazy in your position @Wahaha360 !

If I get my hands on one of this beauties, I guess I will have an easy time sourcing all required parts.
I plan on building with the following parts:

I7 8086k *
MSI 1080 Gaming X *
Asrock Z390 Phantom itx
Trident Z RAM *
Corsair SF750
2 M.2 SSDs *
Alphacool LT240
NH-A12x15 *
NH-A12x25
Alphacool TPV Fittings/Tubing

*already on hand

So I was wondering if you think watercooling the GPU also is worth it?
Got a waterblock laying around anyways.

Then there's the bracket for the LT Block/Pump. I got the mounting kit from my EK Velocity, may that fit, or should I look to by the Noctua Secufirm?

I am also looking to try the side mounted VRM/Chipset fan, maybe someone can report better thermals for the CPU too with that, what would make it totally worth it for me.

Lastly I would like to know what payment methods are planned for the website? I am mostly using PayPal, so if I have to set up anything else, I would really appreciate any available information before the case can be ordered.

Thank you @Wahaha360 for creating this stunning case and also I am intrigued to see that much tinkering and testing with this case, I'm interested in!

Regards
Paul

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
So I was wondering if you think watercooling the GPU also is worth it?
Got a waterblock laying around anyways.
Well if you already have the waterblock yes it is, but if you don't, no clearly, spending 150-200€ on top of the gpu to gain a few degree knowing that your gpu will be outdated in 3 years and you're likely to throw the waterblock with it, it's clearly not worth it

The payment method is shopify

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Well if you already have the waterblock yes it is, but if you don't, no clearly, spending 150-200€ on top of the gpu to gain a few degree knowing that your gpu will be outdated in 3 years and you're likely to throw the waterblock with it, it's clearly not worth it

The payment method is shopify

Thx for your thoughts!

I also thought in this direction, but couldn't figure out if this is even beneficial, if money doesn't matter.
That's why I also said, that I got the GPU waterblock already.
Oh and the waterblock was around 105€, so not too bad actually.

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
In case anyone wants to know, the new EK-AIOs will fit

It appears that the AIO rad is the same thickness (~28mm) as the EK SE series (presumably a similar design with aluminum parts to save on cost). Does this potentially mean that the new EK SE-series rads will fit ( @fabio obviously has it working for the last-gen version)?

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
SE240 classic does fit. Fabio based his build around it. Search the thread for his build posts. Actually I think he has his own thread.

I was actually able to answer my own question now. New 240 SE is 280mm long - other dimensions are the same as the AIO. 5mm is a big enough difference I'm still unsure. I looked at the first post but I can't find any dimensions for radiator fitment outside of height.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I was actually able to answer my own question now. New 240 SE is 280mm long - other dimensions are the same as the AIO. 5mm is a big enough difference I'm still unsure. I looked at the first post but I can't find any dimensions for radiator fitment outside of height.

I can assure you, it will fit. I have a TX240 (278mm length) in mine, and there is a still room to spare.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Let's call call them Classic and Not, they are both NEW! I think It can fit. I am only worried a bit about the shape:

If you see it is completely squared. If you want to have it pushed against the front panel to mount a 25mm fan, maybe you could have a small issue like @Navic?? I don't remember who was with the Corsair H70.
My T1 has this space of 119.6mm, not completely 120. So It's just a tolerance thing.

Just FYI!.
InkedIMG-2248_LI.jpg
I will test soon an XE (EKWB has seen my build and offered a few goodies to have it "full" branded by them)
OF course, without the top panel!

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Let's call call them Classic and Not, they are both NEW! I think It can fit. I am only worried a bit about the shape:

If you see it is completely squared. If you want to have it pushed against the front panel to mount a 25mm fan, maybe you could have a small issue like @Navic?? I don't remember who was with the Corsair H70.
My T1 has this space of 119.6mm, not completely 120. So It's just a tolerance thing.

Just FYI!.
View attachment 536
I will test soon an XE (EKWB has seen my build and offered a few goodies to have it "full" branded by them)
OF course, without the top panel!
Is it possible to add water cooling to your ram too using the ek monarch ram watercooling thingy. Since EK sent you a goody bag I fell like you should add more ek stuff to your build.(Not saying you don't have enough already)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is it possible to add water cooling to your ram too using the ek monarch ram watercooling thingy. Since EK sent you a goody bag I fell like you should add more ek stuff to your build.(Not saying you don't have enough already)
Ahahahahm I could, but the RAM is really the last part that needs to be added to a loop! ?