Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Can anyone recommend a cheap ITX test bench that I could put my current set up on until May? Don't want to keep it on the box for too long whilst waiting for the T1. Thought about maybe a SG13 but my GPU is too big being a strix 2070S
You can get one like this from Amazon, only $36.

Reactions: fabio

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Can anyone recommend a cheap ITX test bench that I could put my current set up on until May? Don't want to keep it on the box for too long whilst waiting for the T1. Thought about maybe a SG13 but my GPU is too big being a strix 2070S

I’ve been using this one, and have been happy with it as a temporary solution:

As far as I could tell, there are lots of clones of that frame, all roughly the same.

Reactions: F7IN and fabio

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi everyone, can someone check if the case can hold 3.5 hdd + 92mm aio in the bottom or the top ?
There are no mounts for either of those, so no they will not fit. All information regarding compatibility can be found on the first page on the first post.

gax1985

Efficiency Noob
New User
Mar 21, 2020
I doubt it, but when I get my case I'm going to test a Corsair H60, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT (maybe), and an NZXT Kraken X52 (still need to get slim fans)

We've seen examples of 240mm rads that are 27mm think fitting in this case with 15mm fans, that's why I want to test the H100i, because it's supposed to be a 27mm think rad, but I don't have one right now. I might get it when I get the case, but not sure ATM.

Edit: also there's a reason you probably wouldn't want to use a kraken in here, and that's because the pump is taller than the 50mm height limit in 3 slot mode. My thinking is if you're going all out with CPU cooling, having a 3 slot GPU should be the best thing for the GPU in terms of cooling without going full custom loop. Using a kraken forces you to use a 2 shot GPU, I don't think that's worth it. If 27mm thick Corsair AIOs will fit, they have shorter pumps that are under that 50mm height clearance, so they should be the go to for most people. Still have to test this though

Thank you for your reply. The only reason why I am asking this is because I love the Kraken RGB very much. My first choice would have been the Ghost S1, but the 2-Slot GPU thing is too limiting. Ncase M1 would have been perfect, due to it being flexible on the GPU, alas I would not be able to see the glorious RGB. I saw the Sidearm T1 and thought that it would be absolutely perfect. Would you be able to use a 2.75 slot or 2.5 slot GPU in the 2-slot GPU position? I an interested to see your results. Thanks again! much appreciated!

Max Fischer

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2020

I had something that was very similar to this for a while. It was cheap and worked pretty well:

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
oh the pain of waiting, one sided love. May we at least have some close up pictures of the two tone with the mesh on it for visual?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Would you be able to use a 2.75 slot or 2.5 slot GPU in the 2-slot GPU position? I an interested to see your results. Thanks again! much appreciated!
Nope, it's either 2 slot max in 2 slot mode or 3 slot max in 3 slot mode. You cannot fit anything bigger than 2 slots in 2 slot mode. Anything bigger than 2 slots will have to be in the 3 slot mode, limiting the CPU cooler clearance to 50mm (IIRC) which will not be able to house the kraken.

If you want something that will show off the RGB of the kraken and still have 3 slot GPU support, I think the Sliger SM580 might be your best bet.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Excellent update mate. The limited edition 2 tone cases have me intrigued. Glad despite everything you are still keeping developments moving :)

If I could be so bold to ask if white ceracote is a finish you are still considering for Q4? I am tempted to wait for this option.

I want to try Ceracote, so it’s def happening, but I don’t want to commit to a time frame with virus going on.

I just wanted to thank you both for keeping this idea alive. I've had a great experience with my Cerakoted Ghost S1, and was planning to get a similar custom job done on a T1 when/if I got my hands on it. It's really a delightfully premium-feeling finish, with very little affect on tolerances in my experience. If a first-party white Cerakote option materializes then I'll be first in line (unless SSJ4 wants it in white too, in which case he gets to be ahead of me in line :p)

Reactions: SSJ4

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
You are aa genius sir! a wonderful temporary solution for these harsh and troubled times. Great for travel! just wrap up all the parts in clothes in your suitcase and you are good to go!

I've used this in the past. Only downside is no place to mount a PSU

NBM722

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2020
There are no mounts for either of those, so no they will not fit. All information regarding compatibility can be found on the first page on the first post.
Ok , but is there a space to do that if I find some way to mount them ?