Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
Same stress test I did in the Ghost: the temps ARE AMAZING!

Only 2/3 degrees higher than the Ghost, but that was using the phenomenal Noctua A12x25!

Without FurMark the CPU stay at 76 degrees MAX, exactly the same than in the Ghost. ?

So the GPU in the loop, under stress, is adding 4 degrees to the CPU.

(My system is also running above a radiator, so I am pretty sure the system can run less hotter on a normal desk!)

The pump speed goes from 80% to 100% relative to the Water Temp.

The fans are in the Standard Bios setup.

This system is SUPER QUIET!

Temps: ?
Build: ?

??

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What exactly is preventing you to use it? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound condescending, just want to understand all the possibilities :D
No problem man! (Of course, THIS IS for MY build, with its specific radiator position.)
Basically, as already posted a few pages ago, to secure the 240mm rad, there are 2 brackets where you screw one fan and the radiator with 4 screws.

The other half is cantilivered, and the fan is mounted directly on the radiator, with no bracket.

Now, to free up the space to mount the pump+res combo, I had to move the radiator in the power button direction.
Because of this, 2 of the radiator/fan threads, are moved 1 cm below the motherboard, giving no possibilities to have a 25mm fan.

If you want the 25mm fan, @Wahaha360 suggested to use double side tape between the radiator and the top panel. @DrHudacris instead have used only 2 screws to secure the radiator and fan on the brackets, so was able to move further the radiator and having all the other 4 threads free, so he can mount a 25mm fan.

Also, I need to have more space below the PSU to route my tubes.

AND, I prefer to have matching fans for aesthetic! :)

I hope is more clear now!

Last edited:

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
No problem man! (Of course, THIS IS for MY build, with its specific radiator position.)
Basically, as already posted a few pages ago, to secure the 240mm rad, there are 2 brackets where you screw one fan and the radiator with 4 screws.

The other half is cantilivered, and the fan is mounted directly on the radiator, with no bracket.

Now, to free up the space to mount the pump+res combo, I had to move the radiator in the power button direction.
Because of this, 2 of the radiator/fan threads, are moved 1 cm below the motherboard, giving no possibilities to have a 25mm fan.

I'm getting there :D So to be clear: If there wasn't a pump (plus no aesthetics :D) you could move the radiator to allow a 12x25 fan?

I want to run a 2-slot GPU on air and a L12S together with a 12x25 and 12x15 until the distroplate arrives with an integrated pump. Then I'd like to mount a 240mm radiator to those fans and get everything under water.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
What exactly is preventing you to use it? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound condescending, just want to understand all the possibilities :D

@fabio may be referring to my post. He explained it better though! Here at the pics to illustrate from my prior post. The full size fan and radiator here cannot be shifted any further rearwards, so the bracket can only attack h to 2 screw holes. Keep in mind that unlike @fabio's specific build to clear the attached pump, he could not shift the rad/fan any further forward. I'd bet if he didn't use the pump attached to the rad, he could accommodate a full size fan at the expense of 2 screws being attached only vs 4.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm getting there :D So to be clear: If there wasn't a pump (plus no aesthetics :D) you could move the radiator to allow a 12x25 fan?

I want to run a 2-slot GPU on air and a L12S together with a 12x25 and 12x15 until the distroplate arrives with an integrated pump. Then I'd like to mount a 240mm radiator to those fans and get everything under water.
You can, only if you use double side tape, or only 2 screws on the brackets. ;)

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
I can't say that any of them are too thin or too thick, but LT240 is thicker than NVMe SDD on the backside on the mobo, unlike the noctua mounting; you also need to keep in mind that riser goes there, so you'll have gpu -> riser -> ssd/cooler mount -> mobo, and if cooler mount is thicker than sdd that's become the issue

Ahh right. Your LT240 backplate is perhaps a chonky thing like this?

This is the Corsair backplate. It certainly looks a lot thinner by these photos...

I've spent my entire Saturday staring at photos like these, in the hope that I can figure out whether the gear I want to buy is going to fit ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Can you show me the Alphacool ES Reservoir 1U - DDC Version in the orientation of these photos?

I going to prototype a Front Chassis and see if we can support the 1U - DDC by moving the 2.5"HDD drive mount to the GPU side.

I might mail it to you for testing and photos ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Can you show me the Alphacool ES Reservoir 1U - DDC Version in the orientation of these photos?

I going to prototype a Front Chassis and see if we can support the 1U - DDC by moving the 2.5"HDD drive mount to the GPU side.

I might mail it to you for testing and photos ?

Here you are! I've tried yo mount it with the existing holes! IT FITS PERFECTLY! Maybe the bracket should be lowered a bit to be able to put a 90 degrees fitting with no problem!

I will be happy to test it!! (BTW, the DC-LT is really enough for this small loop, just FYI) :)

Reactions: notbitcoin