Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I can't wait to get home and finally build in this thing!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
SO, the baby is arrived, just to give me the quarantine weekend to take care of it!

The package is very well organized and secured! Love the layout!

A few small finishing issues here and there, but not visible at all.

I've spent the entire afternoon to think and measure what can and cannot fit: soon a few pics!

Missing one PanHead screw (only 5 in my package), so to secure the riser I've used screws from my DAN Case, and for the GPU lock I've used the tumb screw included.

I am pretty sure will be a LONG night! :D

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Would straight distilled water work in the loop, or do I need to add more?

If using nickel plated blocks, especially EK ones, running with distilled plus growth inhibitor, unfortunately, ruined the nickel on one of my builds. Ever since, just went with EK cryofuel for the convenience.

Also another suggestion: shave the metal "lip" that interferes with EVGA GM PSU. Had a similar issue with Sliger's SM PSU brackets. Pics to illustrate:

You should get worse temps if you put the fans between panel and radiator.

The only way to beat the T1 + LT240 with 25mm and 15mm radiator setup is:

*dual 25mm thick fans on radiator (make the case at least 15mm taller and make the case > 10L

Most radiators are higher fin density compare to LT240, and the slim fan really struggles to push hot air through. When you are using a Slim fan, it basically limits you to low FPI radiators.

*Insert Yoda meme* There is another! And I think it may pull ahead of LT240 with 1x slim plus 1x full thickness fan. I'm trying this monstrosity:

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
If using nickel plated blocks, especially EK ones, running with distilled plus growth inhibitor, unfortunately, ruined the nickel on one of my builds. Ever since, just went with EK cryofuel for the convenience.

Also another suggestion: shave the metal "lip" that interferes with EVGA GM PSU. Had a similar issue with Sliger's SM PSU brackets. Pics to illustrate:

*Insert Yoda meme* There is another! And I think it may pull ahead of LT240 with 1x slim plus 1x full thickness fan. I'm trying this monstrosity:

Does the xspc rad fit in the case (only) with the slim fans underneath it?

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019

*dual 25mm thick fans on radiator (make the case at least 15mm taller and make the case > 10L

Most radiators are higher fin density compare to LT240, and the slim fan really struggles to push hot air through. When you are using a Slim fan, it basically limits you to low FPI radiators.
Would it be possible to manufacture a custom rad with high fin density for the 25mm fan part and low fin density for the slim fan part?

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018

This is the TX240 Ultrathin Radiator by XSPC, yes? Please share your findings!

I just want a "normal" cooling performance but silent.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigwhiteyeti

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Does the xspc rad fit in the case (only) with the slim fans underneath it?

You can fit the XSPC TX radiator with slim fans above or below. With 240mm bracket, and fans inside of the radiator, it will not fit as TX is too wide. But with the other bracket, it will but you will run into the issue where only 2 screws catch.

Yes! I'm currently transplanting components from my SM580. I did scratch the paint off the radiator end tank, as the clearance of the front panel makes the end tank a right squeeze but really does not need much force at all.

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I really like this TX240 option. Between pages 10 -19 there are comparison results and it seems to perform about 8C better then LT240. What are you using for pump?

Edit: Unfortunately I was wrong, but I was refering to these posts:
TX240 results:

The Koolance HX-CU420V (120mm Radiator, Copper) is 3°C from the Alphacool LT240 (240mm Radiator, Copper), which is equal or better than most 240mm (Aluminum) AIOs, like Corsair H100i Pro, NZXT X52.

2°C standard deviation is expected for most test, my conclusion is why increase the dimensions for 240mm Radiator support when the performance gain is so marginal.

*CPU NOT Delided

Asus Z390-I OC Settings

AIJIA 120 Custom Radiator

AIJIA 240 Custom Radiator

Alphacool LT240

Corsair H60 2018

Koolance HX-CU420V

HWL LS120

Noctua NH-D15 (2x NF-A14 PWM on one fan Y Splitter cable)

Noctua NH-L12S
Given the NH-D15 results, I don't see the need to test NH-L12S, 9900K OC at 200W+ is just way over the intended use. 120 AIO is the better choice imo.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I just want a "normal" cooling performance but silent.

Alphacool LT240XSPC TX240
Dimensions270 x 120 x 25 mm278 x 125 x 20.5 mm
FPI1622
CoreCopperCopper/Brass

I really like this TX240 option. Between pages 10 -19 there are comparison results and it seems to perform about 8C better then LT240. What are you using for pump?

The XSPC TX240 performed worse compare to LT240 when I tested it on Open Bench. Let's see how your temps go.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
I was lucky that they accepted it (I didn't have to present anything, they simply went with what the package said). Otherwise... well, 19€ in handling fees +21% over the value of the case + shipping. Yuck.
damn, for me they want me to show them how much I paid :/

@Wahaha360 - I read online that sending per EMS to germany seems to create issues with customs on a regular basis, you might want to keep this in mind for future shipping

Last edited:

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020

So, is it possible to use the lt240 + full size fans in 3 slot mode?

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
yes, it's exactly 2 slots, so there will be no issues with thickness for sure, the only issue you can face is about the GPU backplate, but it also depends on the CPU cooler mount, for instance I had to remove my GPU backplate to fit it with LT240 mount, but with noctua secufirm2 it fits with backplate in place

This concerns me; I'm looking at a Corsair h55 and a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt. Is the LT240 mount especially thick that this becomes a problem? Or is the secufirm2 especially thin?

• Love
Reactions: Truth

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
damn, for me they want me to show them how much I paid :/
PM you later, I got your paper
Are we supposed to have done something to avoid customs fees?

I'm a little upset at paying $60 on top of shipping, I had no choice when dealing with local customs but to upload an invoice to prove the value and shipping fee, all I had to give them was my original invoice, there was no mention that there would be a lower value on the shipping label was there?

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
This concerns me; I'm looking at a Corsair h55 and a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt. Is the LT240 mount especially thick that this becomes a problem? Or is the secufirm2 especially thin?

The Sapphire card is lorge. 3 slots.

I can't edit comments either. Must be a noob thing.

Reactions: Truth

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Y
Are we supposed to have done something to avoid customs fees?

I'm a little upset at paying $60 on top of shipping, I had no choice when dealing with local customs but to upload an invoice to prove the value and shipping fee, all I had to give them was my original invoice, there was no mention that there would be a lower value on the shipping label was there?

There are two certainties in life death and taxes. Your always gou g to have to pay duties, I did when I got the ghost, whenever I buy something expensive from the states and bring it back to Canada. It's the way International trade works.

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Y
There are two certainties in life death and taxes. Your always gou g to have to pay duties, I did when I got the ghost, whenever I buy something expensive from the states and bring it back to Canada. It's the way International trade works.
I'm simply raising the fact that Wahaha has mentioned that I shouldn't have had to pay so much in customs as the declared value on the shipment is lower than the invoiced amount. I get that this is done for our benefit, it just wasn't (to my knowledge/searching) mentioned beforehand. So of course when customs sent me an email to pay the fee I filled it to the best of my understanding and provided the only paperwork I had been given.

Reactions: Shinken1