Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I want to circle back to this post here.

So there are issues with corrosion specifically? Need more research on this.

Seems like the issues with corrosion are with the plastic tubing that comes with the Lt240. If you switch it to rubber tubing then it should be okay. Kinda hard to tell tho without extensive testing. It would be months before we know if the tubing was the cause of the corrosion.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Wait, I just had a potentially moronic idea. Please tell me if you think this is possible. I currently use an RX 5700 Red Devil and am planning to use it in the case, but I was wondering if I instead exchange it for a 5700 XT Liquid Devil, could I connect the GPU to the LT 240's CPU loop with the custom tubing. More importantly, would that pump be enough to push that whole system like in the aforementioned optimum tech video.
I think optimum tech's video answers ypur question whether or not the LT can handle a full loop.
Seems like the issues with corrosion are with the plastic tubing that comes with the Lt240. If you switch it to rubber tubing then it should be okay. Kinda hard to tell tho without extensive testing. It would be months before we know if the tubing was the cause of the corrosion.
Plasterization is the issue with the tubing. So if that triggers corrosion then we can put the issue to bed. But that link specifically says corrosion.

As someone said earlier the screws shouldnt even be exposed to the liquid. So they shouldnt cause corrosion.

Reactions: Truth

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wait, I just had a potentially moronic idea. Please tell me if you think this is possible. I currently use an RX 5700 Red Devil and am planning to use it in the case, but I was wondering if I instead exchange it for a 5700 XT Liquid Devil, could I connect the GPU to the LT 240's CPU loop with the custom tubing. More importantly, would that pump be enough to push that whole system like in the aforementioned optimum tech video.

I assume you meant this GPU, it will not fit b/c it's too tall at 162mm.

The fittings look G1/4, so it should work with the Alphacool LT setup. As for the pump, should be fine.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I want to circle back to this post here.

So there are issues with corrosion specifically? Need more research on this.
It doesn't look like corrosion, in the Enermax teardown GNexus we could clearly see the green from copper corrosion, here it just looks like something is floating in the water, which after seeing the teardown images in the Chinese baidu post makes me wonder if it could be as well a bit of gasket deterioration, also because there is a black and grey bit of discoloration in the bottom right corner and inner circle of the copper plate.

ongongong

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 19, 2020
can anyone with the case provide some information about the mesh side panel? what is it made of, the thickness, the hole sizes? I wanted to make one for my case, wondering if it is possible to make one/find a place to custom one for myself. appreciate it.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I don't know why much talking on the Eisbaer LT. Is a good product.

IF there was any real problem, Alphacool would have retired from the market, like Enermax did. (Maybe it will :D)

The screws, on all mine, are made of copper for sure, so no problem over there. I remember on one I got some green spot, but cmon, is copper, maybe some water dropped in, or whatever: remove the screw, clean the screw, that's it.

Never had any problem INSIDE the waterblock. BTW, FLUSH your component carefully, always, no matter the brand is.

BUT it's true, that I've never used the stock tubes! If here is the problem, just change tubes! From 8/11mm to 13/10mm there will be no issue inside the FormD T1.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020

IF there was any real problem, Alphacool would have retired from the market, like Enermax did. (Maybe it will :D)

The screws, on all mine, are made of copper for sure, so no problem over there. I remember on one I got some green spot, but cmon, is copper, maybe some water dropped in, or whatever: remove the screw, clean the screw, that's it.

Never had any problem INSIDE the waterblock. BTW, FLUSH your component carefully, always, no matter the brand is.

BUT it's true, that I've never used the stock tubes! If here is the problem, just change tubes! From 8/11mm to 13/10mm there will be no issue inside the FormD T1.
Did you just insert new tubing into the fittings provided with the LT240 or did you add new fittings? Also, IF you DID then did you also keep the original quick disconnect?

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
So... we are in full lockdown (Spain) and I have to go to the post office that is in a different city hoping not to get fined by police (and sent home) AND that the employees at said office give me the package (they should, because that is what the spanish tracking says: "go to the post office to pick it up". Problem being that this is an automatically generated message...). They aren't answering their phone, so I have to go there to find out.

And all of that because apparently they didn't want to deliver the bloody package to where I work (you can go to work). There is no other possible explanation since they come at least twice a day so they know by heart our timetables, and it is not possible that they didn't find anyone.

To say that I'm furious wouldn't be overreacting.

PS: and I do have to pick it up ASAP. Not because of the computer system itself, but because the lockdown will be worse and more severe as time passes by... and I'm afraid they might return it to origin after 15 days, which is what they do in normal circumstances. And I don't think they will do it any different now, as they don't have infinite space to accumulate packages.

Dude, wtf. Would you risk the health of delivery workers just to build a computer? Are you nuts? If your country is in lockdown you shouldn't even consider picking it up, mostly because it's illegal (as you stated), a health hazard, and disrespectful to everyone who could have to go through a hard time because of your actions.

I'm sorry for the offtopic, I've been following this case since forever like many of you so I do understand the excitement, but in the midst of a global pandemic in which hundreds of thousands are dying, it's honestly beyond me how someone could have such a sense of entitlement to dismiss that fact, how could anyone consider writing such things here, and why such irresponsibility is being praised with likes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerold and riba2233

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
So... we are in full lockdown (Spain) and I have to go to the post office that is in a different city hoping not to get fined by police (and sent home) AND that the employees at said office give me the package (they should, because that is what the spanish tracking says: "go to the post office to pick it up". Problem being that this is an automatically generated message...). They aren't answering their phone, so I have to go there to find out.

And all of that because apparently they didn't want to deliver the bloody package to where I work (you can go to work). There is no other possible explanation since they come at least twice a day so they know by heart our timetables, and it is not possible that they didn't find anyone.

To say that I'm furious wouldn't be overreacting.

PS: and I do have to pick it up ASAP. Not because of the computer system itself, but because the lockdown will be worse and more severe as time passes by... and I'm afraid they might return it to origin after 15 days, which is what they do in normal circumstances. And I don't think they will do it any different now, as they don't have infinite space to accumulate packages.

Hi dude, another spaniard here.

First of all I think the wise advise here is to stay home, go from home to work and vice versa nothing more, we should all work together to try not to saturate too much the health care system. Calculations says that emogst all of the innfected people, around 180.000 will need UCI cares on the following months, and we only have 4.400 UCI places, so there are going to be people who will be sento home to die because they are older/with no room for improvement, medics will have to decide who lives or die on the following weeks, so don´t be selfish. I´m not a person who panics easily, and I haven´t, but these are the facts or stimations at least, now you can behave however you like.

If it´s of any help, ALL of the "time frames" for things like paying taxes, or fines, or presenting documentation have been halted during quarantine, so I think there´s no risk of the parcel to go back to origin given the circumstances. I understand your situation, because I also have a Massdrop parcel held in customs and I´ve been told I´m not going to receive it until late april at best.

Take care.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Did you just insert new tubing into the fittings provided with the LT240 or did you add new fittings? Also, IF you DID then did you also keep the original quick disconnect?
My first build with it was to exactly reuse the tubes, just having cut them to fit my needs.

The second build was made using Barrows 13/10mm fittings and of course other tubes.

I’ve never kept the original QuickDisconnect.

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
Could somebody advise if 40 mm height GPU (like RX5700XT) will fit to 2 slots?
yes, it's exactly 2 slots, so there will be no issues with thickness for sure, the only issue you can face is about the GPU backplate, but it also depends on the CPU cooler mount, for instance I had to remove my GPU backplate to fit it with LT240 mount, but with noctua secufirm2 it fits with backplate in place

Reactions: Basriy

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
@Wahaha360 OK, I have my package. YESSSS!!!

So, first things first.

a) The package was properly labelled. BUT it was relabelled upon passing through customs, and thus why It was never received where it should be, because they somehow modified the address and was rather confusing. So, I don't think this is within your control.

b) The package was valued at $46.80 from China. Customs accepted this valuation, and added VAT and their handling fees.

So, 28,13€ is what I paid. 21% over the valuation + handling fees (and VAT of said handling fees. Yes, we do like taxes and fees in Spain :S ).

I was lucky that they accepted it (I didn't have to present anything, they simply went with what the package said). Otherwise... well, 19€ in handling fees +21% over the value of the case + shipping. Yuck.

c) The flat packaging is awesome. I have a small suggestion though:

This is how I found this parts.

They were rubbing against each other, because the bag they are in is rather small. Luckily, no parts were damaged. A solution would be to have one of the pieces inverted, like this:

This way, when the piece is not properly in the bag (which it wont be, since the bags are small and the package will travel for many days) it won't matter because the opening of the bags will be in opposing directions. In that same compartment there is a 3rd piece, but it isn't an issue since it is smaller than the bag, and thus you can bend the bag under it, and the chances of not being inside are small.

Once I assemble the case (components are en route) I will post again with my findings.

PS: I will not address those who quoted me about the virus. It would be offtopic and pointless as I did nothing ilegal after checking with law enforcement.

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020

I can use 13/10 tubing with the stock fittings?

Reactions: Truth