Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That is absolutely ridiculous. I'd find new banks and payment processors to work with quite honestly. If you search there are definitely firearm-friendly banks and payment processors. Why not just switch over to one of those? While you aren't actually selling anything firearm-related, it's more of a freedom of speech thing the way I see it. You've been working under the Sidearmd name and building hype around this since December 2018 when this thread was posted, if you ask me it's pretty unreasonable to be forced to change that suddenly.

and hey, assuming you're in the US, bonus is that you could then make some actual sidearmd firearm accessories if you really wanted...

It's not just the bank it's shopify too. You need to think international, it's not just about the US state of mind.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
forget the name for a second, when you guys look at the case, what comes to mind
I think of one of those dual flavor ice creams because of the two tone front panel but that doesn't rly help.

I would call it the aero t1 as its a small and compact case that can be transported overseas and I just like the word aero.

Reactions: pyroxide

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
Update 2020-02-24 : "Sidearmd" brand name is a problem for Shopify and Bank Account, b/c it's too close to weapons / guns and etc.

Shopify just told us they are closing the payment processing gateway because the business violates their T&C B.5. I been fighting them for the last week explaining that this is for a computer case, but they won't change their decision. I suspect the name "Sidearmd" is too close to guns and weapons for their taste.

My Banker also wants me to change the name because it's too close to weapons.

New name then.

Hi would suggest Mistral T1:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistral_(wind)

The case has great airflow performance;

It was a Windsurfing class, which in sailing it's quite fast / high performance and compact:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistral_One_Design

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
It's not just the bank it's shopify too. You need to think international, it's not just about the US state of mind.
Shopify would be the payment processor, which is why I started "banks and payment processors". I definitely don't run a business and fully admit that I'm no expert, but in today's worldwide economy I'm sure it's possible to find a bank and payment processor somewhere that won't force him to change the product/brand name he's been working under for years.

Unless you mean it's a US state of mind that he shouldn't be forced to change the name just because of what it may vaguely relate to, in which case I guess it is.

Dapoktan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2019
anyone building using 2 NVME m2 drives w/ their T1 build? Are the x570 boards pretty good w/ managing heat on these?

Also when are the Corsair SF 750 platinum PSU's gonna be back in stock? they seem like theyve been out of stock for a bit now..

looking forward to getting some more feedback once people start getting the test shipping cases!

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
anyone building using 2 NVME m2 drives w/ their T1 build? Are the x570 boards pretty good w/ managing heat on these?

Also when are the Corsair SF 750 platinum PSU's gonna be back in stock? they seem like theyve been out of stock for a bit now..

looking forward to getting some more feedback once people start getting the test shipping cases!
Stock issues with PSUs will be COVID19 related, you could be waiting a while.

Reactions: Bausa

alberto.vgdd

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 9, 2020
Update 2020-02-24 : "Sidearmd" brand name is a problem for Shopify and Bank Account, b/c it's too close to weapons / guns and etc.

Shopify just told us they are closing the payment processing gateway because the business violates their T&C B.5. I been fighting them for the last week explaining that this is for a computer case, but they won't change their decision. I suspect the name "Sidearmd" is too close to guns and weapons for their taste.

My Banker also wants me to change the name because it's too close to weapons.

New name then.

I would suggest to go for a name that somehow is close to the design aesthetic that the case shows. On top of my mind:
- Essential T1
- Solid T1
- T1 (And nothing else.)
- Volume T1

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
Shame about the name. Sidearm is strong.

Some related words which come to mind are
  1. Backup
  2. Reserve
  3. Proxy
  4. Module
Or, for fun
  1. Waha ha1
  2. Mr. T1

Reactions: DrHudacris

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
What exactly is Sidearmd? I thought it is the name of the case or the name of a series of cases (eg Sidearmd T1, Sidearmd V1...etc), but now it seems it is the name of the business.

Obviously I have not seen one in front of me. But from the rendering and pics, 'quality'+'strong'+'well made'+'high end' come to mind immediately. I suppose, the unique feature of the case is the internal movable spine. Perhaps the name should make this key feature stand out (eg ShiftSpine S1). However, if it is the name of the business, then this should not be as the name should reflect an entire business and not just one product.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash