Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I love the case, and plan on picking one up when they become available.

I've been curious what the purpose of the split front is. I looked through the pictures of the design process and watched Optimum's build video. What does the split front allow that a solid front makes difficult? It does't look like it's integral to the change in spine location which is the big feature of this case. And from what I could see of the Optimum video it has screw holes that don't really have a function, or at least Optimum didn't explore their potential uses. I think Wahaha360 will probably be too busy to answer this, but maybe the community knows.
@Wahaha360

Cyberratchet

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
Thanks!

So no import duties (Zoll) beside the 20% tax (Einfuhrumsatzsteuer)?

Various sites that calculate import duties based on the type of item showed 0%.
You could search the TARIC database, which shows the percentage. I looked into various German and English forums and I have seen the code 84718000 mentioned a few times.
If you look that one up, you get duty rate of 0% . This should be the same for every EU member state I believe. I'll keep you posted after I payed everything at the post office.

Reactions: itsmichael and JDK

DoubleTheQ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 29, 2019
I think I can remember a while back @Wahaha360 said that the mesh side panels are stronger than they look in pictures, (maybe even stronger than the ghost s1 side panels IIRC?) but I am just curious if they are strong enough to carry around in a bag without worrying about anything bending or denting much. Thanks!

Reactions: artamus

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I think I can remember a while back @Wahaha360 said that the mesh side panels are stronger than they look in pictures, (maybe even stronger than the ghost s1 side panels IIRC?) but I am just curious if they are strong enough to carry around in a bag without worrying about anything bending or denting much. Thanks!
Mine will be thrown into a backpack, will report when I get the case (waiting for power button because might as well)

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020

In one of the posts, it was stated that one of the key considerations for this case was for a colleague or friend that needed this case to fit in a backpack. So I think it should probably be pretty strong. He even mentioned he stood on the case at one point. I'm sure it might suffer wear and tear from being lugged around in your case, but I'd be surprised if it was able to handle a static load of that nature, it would bend much in your bag unless you got hit by a car or something.

@Goatee you had your chance for more expensive shipping, and you blew it. :)

Reactions: Goatee

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
How long is the PCIE riser? I am likely to replace it with a PCIE 4 certified unit.

It's been repeated a couple of times that any current gpu will is not even close to maxing out pcie 3.0 but it's your money.

To answer your question 140mm

Just do yourself a favor and please do your research, it can save you a headache and some money

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020

I've been curious what the purpose of the split front is. I looked through the pictures of the design process and watched Optimum's build video. What does the split front allow that a solid front makes difficult? It does't look like it's integral to the change in spine location which is the big feature of this case. And from what I could see of the Optimum video it has screw holes that don't really have a function, or at least Optimum didn't explore their potential uses. I think Wahaha360 will probably be too busy to answer this, but maybe the community knows.
It could be to replace the panel with a front IO panel later.

Jotunn

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
It's been repeated a couple of times that any current gpu will is not even close to maxing out pcie 3.0 but it's your money.

To answer your question 140mm

Just do yourself a favor and please do your research, it can save you a headache and some money
I am well aware, but I am personally in favor of having the future proof kit on hand now.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will there be a possibility to customize the order (side panels) or are those fixed configurations? I love the two tone but the dark grey side panel doesn't do it for me, should there be a chance to select a lighter colour that'd be very nice and much appreciated.

Black + Mesh and Two Tone + Mesh is standard.

The aluminum panel and glass panel are sold separately as accessories. Both will make temperatures worse, so I don't want to make them default or configurable. I don't endorse worse performance, feels sacrileges.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I am well aware, but I am personally in favor of having the future proof kit on hand now.

The only riser that's more "future proof" on *average is the 3M, that's a $50-$100 part.

I've told several motherboard MFG to change Mini-ITX so we don't need a flexible riser. So hopefully this is a non-issue within 2 years, when PCIe Gen 4.0 is more mainstream.

Reactions: denys_349

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I guess a 4.0 riser cable fit to T1 will be sold later on made by a decent manufacturer (Li-heat, ADT?)

Using ADT now in the T1, Li-Heat has similar limitations.

3M is the only upgrade as far as risers go. All the other risers are similar.

Reactions: darky122

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

It allows for easier PSU cable mgmt, and access access to the Movable Spine screw in the Front. It also makes it easier to mount the 2.5" Drive bracket.

The Front Lid can be removed for a secret accessory I have planned.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Various sites that calculate import duties based on the type of item showed 0%.
You could search the TARIC database, which shows the percentage. I looked into various German and English forums and I have seen the code 84718000 mentioned a few times.
If you look that one up, you get duty rate of 0% . This should be the same for every EU member state I believe. I'll keep you posted after I payed everything at the post office.

I have 84733020, which also gets a duty rate of 0%

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
Update 2020-02-24 : Test Shipping Candidates!

Australia, Wyd4
Austria, Cyberratchet
Canada, johannbl
Denmark, fabio
Finland, Benihana
France, Vaux
Germany, theexplainer
Japan, hengster
South Korea, ahs8225
Italy, Metroversal
Malaysia, chinyang
Netherlands, Floris
Poland, bynio
Portugal, nulio
Saudi Arabia, darky122
Singapore, heckinwoofer
Spain, prava
Sweden, hardly
Taiwan, Thermo *special consideration, working on a T1 accessory
Turkey, cablez
New Zealand, tyen
Norway, Stigth
Ukraine, denys_349
United Kingdom, Goatee
USA - California, bpark919
USA - NYC/CT/MA, Kundahli
USA - Texas, Navic
USA - Texas, DrHudacris *special consideration, many posts thread
USA - Other, PBJ *special consideration, many posts thread
USA - Other, Brude27 *special consideration, many posts on thread
USA - Other, pslate *special consideration, custom cables for T1
Uzbekistan, Basriy *shipping to Uzbekistan is exotic to me

Update 2020-02-18 : 240 AIO questions will not end ?‍♂️, ONLY ONE 240 AIO FITS - Alpahcool LT240, but 240 AIO is not officially supported!

Update 2020-02-18 : Accidents or foul play, some candidates' entry for was deleted. So we are extending TEST Shipping Campaign to Sunday, 2020-02-23 12:00 PST (UTC-8)

Update 2020-02-06 : Preorder on hold until virus situation settles in China.

Three reasons:
1. the virus has created a huge backlog and uncertainty for shipping, I don't want to take orders with this much uncertainty around shipping.
2. I have requested more T1s to be made, so delay preorders = the gap between availability will be days / weeks instead months.
3. more T1 availability = less anger and fighting on the forum, less disappointment.

Update 2020-02-04 : OptimumTech review video dropped - 9900K on 120 AIO can out perform 240 AIO, 240 AIO is really for the obsessed.

Update 2020-01-30 : OptimumTech video drops February 4th PST. We can't ship and must evacuate due to coronavirus outbreak in China (so we will not take orders) ?‍♂️.

We have been notify to evacuate out of the country due to the unknowns surrounding the coronavirus outbreak. Warehouses and logistics companies are also required to do some sterilization (kill germs is the exact translation) during February. Unforuntately, this pushes the earliest possible shipping date to March 6th.
I know this sucks, but we can't control a virus outbreak, so it's FML situation on our end too.

So many ideas, so little time

T1 Black + Mesh Side Panels Availability: sidearmd.com, preorder after OptimumTech video, shipping date target 2020-Feb-15
T1 Black + Mesh Side Panels Price: USD 200, excluding shipping (Free to USD60 depending on shipping speed and country)

T1 Black + Mesh Side Panels Specifications:
Material:
CNC machined from 15mm 6061 Aluminum + 1.5mm steel SFX and Fan brackets
Side panels: ultra-fine mesh side panels (also functions as dust filters)
Colors: Sand Blasted + Anodized Black Aluminum chassis, Powder Coated PSU and Fan brackets.

Dimensions (W x H x D): 133 x 216 x 330, 9.48L
Graphic cards support: 312mm long, 2 or 3 Slot GPU (39.2 or 59.2mm from Side Panel to GPU PCB, including 1.6mm GPU PCB)
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX
CPU Heatsink support: 70mm height (Noctua L12S recommended) using 2 Slot GPU or 50mm height using 3 slot GPU
Water cooling support: 120mm AIO at 35mm thick
Drives: 1 x 2.5" HDD/SSD
PCIe Riser: Included
Is it possible to make a single slot GPU plate, so that there can be more clearance on the motherboard side for a custom loop?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is it possible to make a single slot GPU plate, so that there can be more clearance on the motherboard side for a custom loop?

The problem is the spine.

Maybe V2 in the future and I have no idea when.

Last edited: