Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

perrie12345

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 26, 2020
hey i am quite interested in this case and am thinking of building on a test bench and waiting till i can build in the sidearm t1 and would like to know if this case supports the
asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
becouse it has some nice features that would be usefull am exited and waiting hope the development goes well!

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I found a black RGB vandal switch I think I'm going to use, but I think the finish is glossy, which is not ideal for the T1. Shipping on the switch is pretty high though given how small the thing is.

The switch is on the back of the case, so it doesn't matter the colour you choose. You won't see it...

Update 2020-02-26 : We are expecting power buttons for Test Shipping candidates next week, PM me if you want me to hold off on shipping for power button!

Wyd4, Cyberratchet, johannbl, fabio, Benihana, Vaux, theexplainer, hengster, ahs8225, Metroversal, chinyang, Floris, bynio, nulio, darky122, heckinwoofer, prava, hardly, Thermo, cablez, tyen, Stigth, denys_349, Goatee, bpark919, Kundahli, Navic, DrHudacris, PBJ, Brude27, pslate, Basriy

Are your vandal switches any different than normal? I mean, it is on the back of the unit after all. So... nevermind, Ill be fine.

Makes you wonder if NZXT deliberately follow the enthusiast sff case (which I would say is a very good start), they use similar format for their H1 (A4, M1, S1, T1, etc)

The layout of the H1 is terrible. They had a very good idea (swivel-barbed radiator, like the Corsair One; integrated psu, aio and case) but the implementation isn't proper.
First... why would you want the gpu to exhaust at the bottom of the case?!?!?!?!
Second... why would you not have any fans to clear the air inside the case? The way it is designed it will be an oven and you will cook every single component you have in there (IE your 2.5" drives).

They simply copied the Corsair ONE but forgot about the gpu and "let it be". Huge mistake.

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018

Will there be a possibility to customize the order (side panels) or are those fixed configurations? I love the two tone but the dark grey side panel doesn't do it for me, should there be a chance to select a lighter colour that'd be very nice and much appreciated.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
The layout of the H1 is terrible. They had a very good idea (swivel-barbed radiator, like the Corsair One; integrated psu, aio and case) but the implementation isn't proper.
First... why would you want the gpu to exhaust at the bottom of the case?!?!?!?!
Second... why would you not have any fans to clear the air inside the case? The way it is designed it will be an oven and you will cook every single component you have in there (IE your 2.5" drives).

They simply copied the Corsair ONE but forgot about the gpu and "let it be". Huge mistake.
Terrible is an exaggeration. It's layout is similar to something like the Velka 5, which also doesn't directly support fans either. Temps in this case are 100% normal. Every video review stressing it had no problems keeping everything reasonably cool. However, like you said no one really was probably checking the SSD/HDD temps but they also weren't throwing any errors due to critical temps, which is a fine line.

However, I totally agree. Just one more fan for exhaust would have totally changed the game. They could have found a way to put it somewhere.

With all that said this is their first true sff case entry and I think they nailed it. You want sff to get mainstream you need to make it as easy as possible. They went ahead and took out the headache that a lot of new time builders suffer with. Cable routing and cooling. It's already done. So I think it's great.

Now when these people get a taste they start to dip their toes in smaller and more premium cases. Which helps craft makers like @Wahaha360 justify a premium $200+ dollar case. I see it all the time with these cases people freak out about the cost yet spend $200 on a poorly optimized because it's bigger.

What I'm saying is we should be supporting NZXT because they really did launch a decent case and bundle. Ali even said he's putting this in his top recommendation. NZXT is active on Reddit and have been welcoming feedback.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Sorry for derailing the topic but I only brought up the H1 due to the naming convention and how is it similar to the name of the case created here. We have a separate thread for H1 to discuss it's layout, weakness, strength, etc.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
The switch is on the back of the case, so it doesn't matter the colour you choose. You won't see it...

Are your vandal switches any different than normal? I mean, it is on the back of the unit after all. So... nevermind, Ill be fine.

@Josh | NFC sells a gorgeous 16mm vandal switch for the S4 mini that I used for my Ncase M1 power button mod before switching my system into my Ghost. It’s expensive, but I can recommend it. I’m happy I get to use it again for my T1!

Reactions: PBJ and pwnedundies

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
@Josh | NFC sells a gorgeous 16mm vandal switch for the S4 mini that I used for my Ncase M1 power button mod before switching my system into my Ghost. It’s expensive, but I can recommend it. I’m happy I get to use it again for my T1!

Do you have pics? the quality of the switch as it sort of makes a statement. I have to lug this thing from lab to lab, I'd like to make a good impression.

As for the NZXT case, I think anytime you go small form factor there will be compromises made. With all things in the SFF market, it's definitely not for everyone. There are different tools for different jobs. That said, the more people that get into this form factor the more money will be dumped into making it better for everyone. So I am really happy to see a big maker like NZXT paying attention to the market, especially given how huge their itx offerings in the past have been. For those of us with more "refined" tastes, there will always be the boutique market such as the m1 and the t1.

Reactions: robinpfeiffer

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
I found a black RGB vandal switch I think I'm going to use, but I think the finish is glossy, which is not ideal for the T1. Shipping on the switch is pretty high though given how small the thing is.
I'm looking for a Flat 16mm Vandal Switch that will fit nice and flush just like the original one. Seems hard to find any.

It should be something similar to the one below

Two of the few black anodized buttons I could find a while ago are these:
With LED: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1596987864.html
Without LED: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1576523918.html

Note that these are piezo switches and they do not provide any tactile feedback. Moreover, they only pulse about 300ms no matter how long you push. This means that you will not be able to hard-reset your PC by pushing the button for a few seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thermo

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
A big thanks to @Wahaha360 for including me in the test shipment! Really excited to create some custom length PSU cables for the case! Have had a lot of folks inquire about custom cables for the T1. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Also, if any of the test shippers need a 16mm power switch, I have a few available. Black with white/blue/red or no LED and silver with white LED. Here's a link to the product page on my site. Send a PM if you are interested.

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Will thermals increase by a lot if I spray paint the case?
???

I would think the answer is no, that thermals are unlikely to be much different, but you may have issues with the clearances if you spray any internal structures as I think the tolerances are quite tight.

But why would you want to spray something so beautiful!!

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Terrible is an exaggeration. It's layout is similar to something like the Velka 5, which also doesn't directly support fans either. Temps in this case are 100% normal. Every video review stressing it had no problems keeping everything reasonably cool. However, like you said no one really was probably checking the SSD/HDD temps but they also weren't throwing any errors due to critical temps, which is a fine line.

However, I totally agree. Just one more fan for exhaust would have totally changed the game. They could have found a way to put it somewhere.

With all that said this is their first true sff case entry and I think they nailed it. You want sff to get mainstream you need to make it as easy as possible. They went ahead and took out the headache that a lot of new time builders suffer with. Cable routing and cooling. It's already done. So I think it's great.

Now when these people get a taste they start to dip their toes in smaller and more premium cases. Which helps craft makers like @Wahaha360 justify a premium $200+ dollar case. I see it all the time with these cases people freak out about the cost yet spend $200 on a poorly optimized because it's bigger.

What I'm saying is we should be supporting NZXT because they really did launch a decent case and bundle. Ali even said he's putting this in his top recommendation. NZXT is active on Reddit and have been welcoming feedback.

It is terrible for the simple fact that the I/O is on the bottom of the case, and so is the gpu exhaust. And that is the worst place to have an exhaust, specially when you have no active cooling on the gpu and you rely on the gpu itself sucking air through a restrictive sidepanel with no mechanical air circulation whatsoever.

Also, a test of 20 minutes is worthless. I can tell you that the FT03 case that I had years ago was good for 20 minutes, but you do a gaming session in it for a few hours and the whole case was burning to the touch, which translantes into your drives, your psu and everything else operating at abnormal temperatures.

BTW, who is Ali?

Will thermals increase by a lot if I spray paint the case?

No. Computer cases do not rely on radiation to transmit heat.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
It is terrible for the simple fact that the I/O is on the bottom of the case, and so is the gpu exhaust. And that is the worst place to have an exhaust, specially when you have no active cooling on the gpu and you rely on the gpu itself sucking air through a restrictive sidepanel with no mechanical air circulation whatsoever.

Also, a test of 20 minutes is worthless. I can tell you that the FT03 case that I had years ago was good for 20 minutes, but you do a gaming session in it for a few hours and the whole case was burning to the touch, which translantes into your drives, your psu and everything else operating at abnormal temperatures.
Sure stress testing at 100% utilization isn't 100% indicative of the a gaming session of hours but it should be pretty close. That's plenty of time for the aio to soak in and normalize and for the GPU hot air to dump into the case and see if things will get worse. If your gaming or doing things that don't stress your PC like stress testing of course it will take longer that 20 mins to reach peak temps inside the case.

I/O is an annoyance on the bottom of the case.

The exhaust isn't the bottom of the case it's the back of the case. Most GPUs on the market have vertical fin stacks so the exhaust is directed either out the top or bottom of the card. Which is not directed towards the bottom, unless you're using a blower and you most likely shouldn't use this case. I'm not saying it's perfect and there will be stale air but it's adequate. Sure the case doesn't have any other fans but like I said nor does the Velka 5 and it has a solid front panel. Unlike the Velka 5 you at least have a 140mm aio to direct air out of the case. This case is 100% fine. And is a nice new entry into the mainstream market. It is definitely not something to compare to the higher end cases like the T1.

@chyll2 is correct and we can take this conversation to the other thread if you'd like

Cyberratchet

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
I'm interested as well. Maybe just make a post and @ us, please? ?

Sure, but I don't expect any suprises on the cost.
The cases costs $200 plus $35 shipping. The VAT should only be applied towards the price of the case itself and not on shipping. Then you get the usual 10€ “tax” the greedy Austrian post always wants when something sits in customs.

So 20% of $200 + 10€ should be around 46€, so I’m expecting to pay around 50€.
The wait time customs will be the interesting part, if you have ever imported something you know it can easily range from 1-3 weeks.

Reactions: JDK and itsmichael

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
just saw the PM, ordered and paid.

In case anybody is wondering - Shipping to Germany is 35$

The cases costs $200 plus $35 shipping. The VAT should only be applied towards the price of the case itself and not on shipping.
I can't tell for Austria, but for Germany Tax is calculated ontop of the combined price, including shipping.

Reactions: Bausa