Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
Any chance we can have the option of copper fins or black fins. Personally I like the black because raw copper oxidatizes and looks like crap unless you polish it once a month.

There are ways you can modify copper so that it doesn't visibly tarnish or oxidize... but the process require adding brighteners to the copper which can get costly quickly or require special plating tools again, can be costly depending on the end use conditions of the copper. It will still oxidize, but you won't see it as a dirty copper color or green. It's really commonly used in the semiconductor industry, but it's unlikely you'd see it on a copper radiator for a computer, due to cost.

I personally like the all chrome/silver one, but I'm boring.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
I am willing to answer any questions you guys might have including my experience with this one. (Don’t think I’ve ever had to pay customs though)

I also have an LT240 and an L12S, if someone has questions about those as well.

I'd love to hear about how loud the L12S gets in this case with standard gaming. (If this is any parameter to go by :D)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
There are ways you can modify copper so that it doesn't visibly tarnish or oxidize... but the process require adding brighteners to the copper which can get costly quickly or require special plating tools again, can be costly depending on the end use conditions of the copper. It will still oxidize, but you won't see it as a dirty copper color or green. It's really commonly used in the semiconductor industry, but it's unlikely you'd see it on a copper radiator for a computer, due to cost.

I personally like the all chrome/silver one, but I'm boring.

I have installed copper pipe and it starts to look like ass within 6 months of water running through it, I just want to avoid bare copper all together

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
I have installed copper pipe and it starts to look like ass within 6 months of water running through it, I just want to avoid bare copper all together
yeah understandably, just saying technically it's possible to make copper never visibly tarnish... but it's not cheap. I have a specimen of a wafer with copper plated on it that's 8 years old and looks fresh out of the EPC tank, however, eds/x and etch rate tests will clearly show a fine layer of oxidation on the surface.

But... as I said, no one would use 2-3k worth of brighteners on a radiator or plumbing. :)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
yeah understandably, just saying technically it's possible to make copper never visibly tarnish... but it's not cheap. I have a specimen of a wafer with copper plated on it that's 8 years old and looks fresh out of the EPC tank, however, eds/x and etch rate tests will clearly show a fine layer of oxidation on the surface.

But... as I said, no one would use 2-3k worth of brighteners on a radiator or plumbing. :)

Yeah no

Reactions: Thermo

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I am willing to answer any questions you guys might have including my experience with this one. (Don’t think I’ve ever had to pay customs though)

I also have an LT240 and an L12S, if someone has questions about those as well.

We want you to stream the whole experience from the time you pick up your package to the time you finished building the computer nonstop. You take a dump, we're there

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Sure! I wish I had a way to measure dB’s but I’ll be sure to let you know what I think.
That would be wonderful! I'll go for air cooling first and see if it gets too loud for my taste.

I'm planning on getting a 3080 2 slot card for this build plus a 3600x and use it for 4k@100Hz with the upcoming LG CX 48". (I don't play much AAA titles and 1080p with upscaling/nearest neighbor should be fine)

We want you to stream the whole experience from the time you pick up your package to the time you finished building the computer nonstop. You take a dump, we're there
+1, I want the whole experience. Man this is so exciting!

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
I wonder if it's too much of a hassle but, would it be possible to track on the spread sheet the postal service used and wether the candidates had to pay customs for their respective orders? It could prove to be helpful information for future customers.

I'll let you guys know if I get hit with import taxes (I usually do if the package is declared as more than $20)

Reactions: newtothegame

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Sounds like my cat