Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hi, im soooo in love with this case, is there any chance this case will be globally available?, im from mexico.

Of course, I don't see why not

Chinese has been dominating in scalping limited one per household items. This happens in a lot of field/hobby. My experience is from toy collecting.

In talking with @Wahaha360 about the reseller problem, he has identified a way to make sure the reseller market doesn't get all the cases. I am going to do some digging of my own to see what can be done.

I am not sure if you are aware but this has been a problem not only for the sff community but for the big boys like ticketmaster. They use bots to buy up everything before you or I can even type in our password. No matter what ticketmaster has tried the hackers adapt. Yay 21st century.

Reactions: Kasbah and Dapoktan

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Mod warning;

@cashdj 11 posts > 3 merged
@Marauder
@Dazr87
And others (including those considering it) (also, if you are using your post count to gain an advantage in the spreadsheet, might want to modify your numbers)

Those who are multiposting to get their post numbers up - I've merged a LOT of your posts. If I see it again, I will spam ban. If you have another thing to add right after a post, use the EDIT button. You can multiquote and put multiple quotes in a post.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
They're 203 applicants (with account on sff) right now, I think that would be a good idea to use that list for sending the first 200 units batch since it's the most involved peoples on it

That defeats the purpose of a TEST ship. @Wahaha360 knows what he's doing and we all have to trust him and be patient. China is his backyard and if there is anyone who knows what's going on, it's him.

Please refer to Update 2020-02-06

As you know, the Chinese government has taken steps to limit the spread of the virus. Which means manufacturing in China is pretty much at a stand still until the government says so.

To put it into perspective, if the factories don't open up within the next couple of months, prices for all electronics will go up. The IPhone could be delayed and the auto industry can literally run out of parts to build cars, clothing which is made in China will not be made.

Yes we all want our cases but I would take a second and look at the bigger picture and see that this is a pretty big deal which affects not only this case but everything we rely on in the modern world.

EDIT:
FEBRUARY 14, 2020 / 7:17 PM
SHANGHAI/PARIS (Reuters) - An 80-year-old Chinese tourist infected with the coronavirus has died in France, the first fatality in Europe and the fourth outside mainland China from an epidemic that has shut Chinese factories, curbed travel and disrupted global supply chains.

This is far from over and we all need to be patient.

Last edited:

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
That defeats the purpose of a TEST ship. @Wahaha360 knows what he's doing and we all have to trust him and be patient. China is his backyard and if there is anyone who knows what's going on, it's him.

Please refer to Update 2020-02-06

As you know, the Chinese government has taken steps to limit the spread of the virus. Which means manufacturing in China is pretty much at a stand still until the government says so.

To put it into perspective, if the factories don't open up within the next couple of months, prices for all electronics will go up. The IPhone could be delayed and the auto industry can literally run out of parts to build cars, clothing which is made in China will not be made.

Yes we all want our cases but I would take a second and look at the bigger picture and see that this is a pretty big deal which affects not only this case but everything we rely on in the modern world.

EDIT:
FEBRUARY 14, 2020 / 7:17 PM
SHANGHAI/PARIS (Reuters) - An 80-year-old Chinese tourist infected with the coronavirus has died in France, the first fatality in Europe and the fourth outside mainland China from an epidemic that has shut Chinese factories, curbed travel and disrupted global supply chains.

This is far from over and we all need to be patient.
I'm sorry but nowhere in my message I asked for rushing the shipping or whatsoever, I just suggest to use the spreadsheet as a mean to distribute the first batch to the people most involved in the project (and avoid the bunch of re-seller waiting to buy everything at the second the website goes online), they're no implication on when that should happen nor asking to replace the test shipping by something else.

Reactions: sffanatic8

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
Sorry I'm new to this.

just to recap the normal way to purchase the case:

Go to the website,

Place your email,

Wait for a password.

And then place the password on the website. Is that it?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I'm sorry but nowhere in my message I asked for rushing the shipping or whatsoever, I just suggest to use the spreadsheet as a mean to distribute the first batch to the people most involved in the project (and avoid the bunch of re-seller waiting to buy everything at the second the website goes online)

I didn't say anything about you wanting to rush shipping. I was referring to point 2 and 3

There are a couple of names who are not on the list (like mine) so it is far from a complete list of people who are interested in the case.

Again @Wahaha360 has a reason for the test shipping and he knows what he's doing when it comes to the resellers. This isn't his first project.

Sorry I'm new to this.

just to recap the normal way to purchase the case:

Go to the website,

Place your email,

Wait for a password.

And then place the password on the website. Is that it?

It's a Shopify store so there is nothing different than any other store

Reactions: Dapoktan

Little_Kitty

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 30, 2020
Vaux... there'll be plenty of lurkers here who, like me, bother to read the original post and updates and see that all reasonable questions have actually been answered. In my case, there's someone in my country who posted just before I could and meets all the conditions. I've submitted my email through the website ages ago, but now apparently I should spam the spreadsheet? Given the sheer mess of repeated questions and multiposts in here that the mods have just wiped, I don't see rewarding non-meaningful content here as a good idea.

I'm on board with the idea of working to reward the sff community and not scummy resellers though. ?

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
You can bet your cheeks that a great many of people interested in this case who are not on the list for the very reason that they are not in an area where a "test ship" slot is available. I'm in Kansas and I didn't submit an entry because I am not in the northeast, Texas, or California. I don't do much on the forum, but enjoy the SFFnet Discord.

Reactions: Dapoktan

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
Can we get an option with a uniform front panel without a gap? This would look so much cleaner.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Can we get an option with a uniform front panel without a gap? This would look so much cleaner.

ask me in 2021, I have too much problems on hand the atm.

If it was testing and buying a case that would suck because there is no option for China.

There will be an option of for China and it must.

This case Chinese name is "T1-留学生", I wanted to create something for international students that must travel around the world for higher education. I also have some friends who are scientist looking for RTX Titan / Quadro in a backpack for their clustered learning.

This is why it's so important for T1 to be 1) backpack ready, 2) carry-on ready

I'm working on Alipay and Wechat, but please don't ask too many questions, because I just applied and it's confusing as hell for foreigners.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020

This case Chinese name is "T1-留学生", I wanted to create something for international students that must travel around the world for higher education. I also have some friends who are scientist looking for RTX Titan / Quadro in a backpack for their clustered learning.

I'm working on Alipay and Wechat, but please don't ask too many questions, because I just applied and it's confusing as hell for foreigners.
I have to say the Chinese name is very good. It's the perfect description of the people who would want it. WeChat and alipay are very weird because I think you need to have a Chinese credit card to use WeChat pay. Idk about alipay though.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Maybe rename the case to F1-留学生? This should ring a much bigger bell.?

BTW, are you not American Chinese or Chinese American? Someone above said China is your backyard and you know all the ins and outs.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe rename the case to F1-留学生? This should ring a much bigger bell.?

BTW, are you not American Chinese or Chinese American? Someone above said China is your backyard and you know all the ins and outs.

We joked about F1 VISA, but that’s too US centric ?

American, some of my ancestors are from China.

Reactions: sffanatic8

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020

Well, having the Chinese name as f1-留学生 wouldn't be too bad because (idk if this is 100% true) apparently for many gen x and millennials in China. Going to US was an ultimate goal. At least that's how my dad put it. Again, idk if this is true, it may offend some, I'm sorry if u take offence.

Also, I'm guessing at least 50% of the buyers of this case are uni students for people whose jobs require them to frequently travel.

Reactions: Navic

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
dashy218, Thermo

either of you guys got an LT240?

I don't have the LT240 in my T1 atm, but if you one of you do, I will just video how to mod the LT240 and end the subject. Forum is getting too many questions on LT240.

if not, I will just buy one in Taipei.
@Wahaha360
I just ordered one a couple days ago. Should be here in a day or two, assuming the stores don't have issues with supply. We'll see, I'll PM you when it arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanB0l0

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

At Logan or JFK airport
Customs officer: what is in your backpack?
Student: F1 VISA.
Customs officer: I am not asking your type of visa. I am asking what do you have inside your backpack.
Student: As I said, F1 VISA.

Did you go to Chinese school on the weekends when you were a kid? I have many 2nd generation Chinese American friends and most of them have this common not-so-good experience.
If you did, I bet the Chinese you learned back then comes in handy now.