Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

  • Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

    Votes: 107 24.3%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

    Votes: 334 75.7%

  • Total voters
    441

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
2,099
2,053
it's a 30mm thick rad with 30FPI, it should outperform the TX240 by a lot
Koolance HX-CU720V's 360mm version is HX-CU1020V which beats EX360 (whose 35mm is thicker than TX240's 20.5mm even though the fpi is 18 vs 22).

So, yes, it is quite safe to say HX-CU720V beats TX240 easily.
 

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
247
359
Koolance HX-CU720V's 360mm version is HX-CU1020V which beats EX360 (whose 35mm is thicker than TX240's 20.5mm even though the fpi is 18 vs 22).

So, yes, it is quite safe to say HX-CU720V beats TX240 easily.
In the same review you can see that 16 FPI rads GTS, G2 Slim and ST30 beat 30 FPI HX-CU1020V at low RPMs which is what most people want:





And in this review TX360 performs very close to GTS 360 at low RPMs:

 
Last edited:

taquito

Caliper Novice
Aug 7, 2020
25
14
Question for those with TX240
In a T1. I have a Ryzen 9 5900x with an Aquanaut on it. Currently only the cpu is in the loop. With my pump set to 1200 rpm at idle and 2 A12x15 fans set to 550 rpm my liquid temp hovers around 42 Celsius with an ambient temp of 21 degrees. Cpu temp is 57 degrees. At full load pump ramps up to 2500 rpm and fans go full blast. Cpu will reach 85 degrees C then. Is this normal or do I have an issue with thermal paste application ?
 

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Apr 23, 2020
148
280
I haven't benchmarked this myself, but @biopunk has a 5900X, at least you have a comparison (idk about his rad.):


You also could clean the current thermal paste and re-apply and also make sure the Aquanaut is well secured and touching the whole IHS.
You should also make sure that you have no tube bends that hinder the water flow.
 
Last edited:

Asuka4Laifu

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2020
18
41
Sure, but when the V1.1 ships, it's no longer an option for some of us to wait and see. That's why we're asking you if for more information to make a good decision about whether to stick with V1.1 or get in the queue for V2.0.
If you absolutely need to build a system now then hold on to your order and stick with the V1.1.

V2.0 is obviously going to be better, if you're willing to wait for it. Whether or not you are willing to wait for V2.0 is completely up to you and you have to pit your time against the possible improvements. @Wahaha360 seems excited about it so I think that the improvements are going to be substantial, at least that's what it looks like from my POV.

Personally, I canceled my order instantly when the 2.5 and 2.75 slot options were mentioned as I think that will open up a lot of water cooling options (and air cooling options). I think it's worth the wait even though I initially placed my order in august (November batch). More information will trickle in once the design is finalized. If you're on the fence then you're already leaning towards canceling your order, since you're questioning whether or not getting the V1.1 now is worth it.

Again it's your decision to make but it seems like V2.0 will have some exciting improvements that I personally would wait for. If your current setup will hold you off until V2.0 then I'd suggest you wait (just like the man himself said)!
 

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
247
359
Question for those with TX240
In a T1. I have a Ryzen 9 5900x with an Aquanaut on it. Currently only the cpu is in the loop. With my pump set to 1200 rpm at idle and 2 A12x15 fans set to 550 rpm my liquid temp hovers around 42 Celsius with an ambient temp of 21 degrees. Cpu temp is 57 degrees. At full load pump ramps up to 2500 rpm and fans go full blast. Cpu will reach 85 degrees C then. Is this normal or do I have an issue with thermal paste application ?
It's normal, higher flow rate -> more heat transferred from the water block to the coolant. A single 240mm rad with thin fans simply cannot dissipate that much heat at low fan speed. I recommend running the pump at a fixed RPM of 20% and going higher up to ~30% only if you can achieve a comfortable temperature/noise ratio under load.

21℃ delta at idle is certainly high, I think fans should be spinning faster than 30% as TX240 is a high-FPI radiator which restricts airflow more than a typical slim radiator. A third A12x15 fan mounted under the radiator can also help with the airflow.
When I had TX240 with 2x Scythe Kaze Flex in my build I had to keep the fans at ~60% minimum to stabilize the coolant temperature below 35℃ at idle.
 
Last edited:

catzooka

Efficiency Noob
Feb 1, 2019
5
3
If you absolutely need to build a system now then hold on to your order and stick with the V1.1.

V2.0 is obviously going to be better, if you're willing to wait for it. Whether or not you are willing to wait for V2.0 is completely up to you and you have to pit your time against the possible improvements. @Wahaha360 seems excited about it so I think that the improvements are going to be substantial, at least that's what it looks like from my POV.

Personally, I canceled my order instantly when the 2.5 and 2.75 slot options were mentioned as I think that will open up a lot of water cooling options (and air cooling options). I think it's worth the wait even though I initially placed my order in august (November batch). More information will trickle in once the design is finalized. If you're on the fence then you're already leaning towards canceling your order, since you're questioning whether or not getting the V1.1 now is worth it.

Again it's your decision to make but it seems like V2.0 will have some exciting improvements that I personally would wait for. If your current setup will hold you off until V2.0 then I'd suggest you wait (just like the man himself said)!

Good points, and I'm trying to weigh whether I'm happy with the feature set of V1.1, or if there's something about V2.0 that I would find indispensable. For example, in my case, I may not need support for the much larger cards or the options in between 2- and 3-slot mode. However, there could be another V2.0 feature (or features) that would make it worthwhile the wait.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shinken1

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
70
73
Good points, and I'm trying to weigh whether I'm happy with the feature set of V1.1, or if there's something about V2.0 that I would find indispensable. For example, in my case, I may not need support for the much larger cards or the options in between 2- and 3-slot mode. However, there could be another V2.0 feature (or features) that would make it worthwhile the wait.

If you are unsure and have the budget to spend, why not buy V1.1 now and then check if V2 is worth the upgrade?

I was planning to upgrade from my Kickstarter M1. I also don't know if the upgrades will be significant enough over V1.1 for me, but I am waiting for the V2 now since I don't need the case and I think the vertical stand is interesting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DrHudacris

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
111
118
I decided to cancel my order and wait for V2.0, simply because I can't get the rest of the parts required for my build because of the pandemic. I guess 5900X's and 3080's will eventually be back in stock one day!
 

aznreaper

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 14, 2020
3
0
Anyone get refunds yet? I was wondering if they would be willing to just send the refund back as USD in paypal. As a Canadian, getting a refund back in my original payment (credit card based on CAD) would mean I would get dinged twice for foreign transaction fees plus the decline in the USD/CAD exchange rate and lose a significant amount of money.

If they would be willing to do this then it would be a lot easier to handle waiting for the V2.0 by just paying the difference between the V1.1 and V2.0, otherwise I will probably just end up keeping my spot for the V1.1.
 

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
487
488
Yes, have had the refund. Did take a hit for 20 euro because the dollar value has plummeted since ordering.
Sucks but I asked about keeping the money for the V2 case and that wasn't an option so here we are.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shinken1

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
487
488
Damned. Okay thanks, I'll be sanding the heatsink till it fits I guess. :(
I don't understand it because this guy has the same setup as me and there it does fit
 

KeurigHomebrew

Cable Smoosher
Dec 18, 2020
8
7
Anyone get refunds yet? I was wondering if they would be willing to just send the refund back as USD in paypal. As a Canadian, getting a refund back in my original payment (credit card based on CAD) would mean I would get dinged twice for foreign transaction fees plus the decline in the USD/CAD exchange rate and lose a significant amount of money.

If they would be willing to do this then it would be a lot easier to handle waiting for the V2.0 by just paying the difference between the V1.1 and V2.0, otherwise I will probably just end up keeping my spot for the V1.1.
So far I recevied a refund on the difference from E-White to Black and and I got an exchange of $50 USD to $62.15 CAD. So calculating that out to the full cost, for an E-White case + shipping I'd be losing about $27 CAD on exchange. Not terrible, but also not preferable...