Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
Congrats to the winners, I look forward to seeing many pictures/build logs.

To whoever gets the Canadian slot, please let us know how much you get dinged by customs.

I second this comment. I would really appreciate if johannbl could tell us how much the customs hit for once they get the package :)

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Congrats to each tester, looking forward to see all the T1 builds :)

btw @Wahaha360 have you considered teaming up with Noctua (or another brand) to bring out an optimized air cooler for the T1 e.g. like the black ridge for the A4 and the upcoming noctua cooler for the ghost s1? Or do you think there is no need since there is already a good option with the l12s and next generation cpus prob will have same/less tdp with higher performance?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

btw @Wahaha360 have you considered teaming up with Noctua (or another brand) to bring out an optimized air cooler for the T1 e.g. like the black ridge for the A4 and the upcoming noctua cooler for the ghost s1? Or do you think there is no need since there is already a good option with the l12s and next generation cpus prob will have same/less tdp with higher performance?
I think instead of an air cooler, he's trying to make his own radiator for a liquid cooled setup, and IIRC, he has a prototype pump/block combo thing for it as well

Reactions: PBJ

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

The Ghost S1 Noctua Cooler is either the old L12 at 68mm tall to fit better or Scythe Big Shuriken 3 alternative, and there 3 problems:

1. unlikely to cool better than the L12S at 70mm
2. likely cost more
3. potentially less RAM clearance
4. potentially the fan will be next to the side panel = worse noise than L12S

So I ask this, what is the point.

I might offer a Black L12S later depending on what Noctua wants, but my priority is maybe AIO using Noctua fans. L12S with black paint doesn't move the needle compare to L12S.

Next gen CPUs are more power hungry, air cooling is kinda f**ked for SFF under 10L. It's both physics and dimensions, you are not going to get much more air cooler height for cases less than 10L, at <= 70mm limit, your cooling potential is not going to get much better than L12S.

This is why I asked the higher powers for a new Mini-ITX motherboard. The RAM Slots + VRMs will limit SFF air coolers.

Last edited:

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
When I did my test run with my new parts, I noticed the default 24 pin cable that came with the EVGA 550 GM is rather stiff so I'm a little worried how well I can cable manage it having never built in a SFF before. Would I need to invest in some sleeved cables?

Also I'm really glad there's progress made towards shipping these cases out. I'm very impressed with what you've been able to accomplish @Wahaha360 . I'm looking forward to what you have planned for the vertical case.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
When I did my test run with my new parts, I noticed the default 24 pin cable that came with the EVGA 550 GM is rather stiff so I'm a little worried how well I can cable manage it having never built in a SFF before. Would I need to invest in some sleeved cables?

T1 has a lot more spacing between SFX and motherboard than the other indie cases on the forum for the 24PIN and hard tubing, so you should be fine.

h4ndcuffed

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
US - Other is not part of the Test Shipping, I made exception for members that have been active on this thread for a while.
Totally get it! Just sad I wasn't here or active... lol. Nothing on you or the community, that's on me and it just means I wait a little longer, that's all haha.

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
Since the T1 is geared towards being friendly to travel and to watercool in,

Is there a a thread explaining the etiquette of travelling with a custom loop / 240mm AIO / 120mm AIO sff build through airport security?

Surely the liquid volume exceeds the total amount allowed in the plane, right?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Is there a a thread explaining the etiquette of travelling with a custom loop / 240mm AIO / 120mm AIO sff build through airport security?

There are reddit posts about it but I would check your local government's website

Reactions: gteixeira

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

In the US, TSA PreCheck = less hassle.

For other country airports, just tell them the AIO is sealed.

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020
Oh wow, I just checked this thread again and to my suprise I was one of the lucky ones :).
Looks like I have to buy some new parts now,I haven't be so excited for quite a bit.
Congrats man, could you share the infos (shipping time, cost, etc etc.) for austria with me when you've recieved the package? i was one of the other two contestants :)

@Wahaha360 btw: why is optimum tech calling the case sidearm and not sidearmd, as you've answered someone a while ago? have you talked to him about that? ?