Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
2020-11-10: Defective Batch, Cancel, Ship Later or B-Grade?

We are officially stopping all T1 November shipments due to Quality Control concerns. Our core team have arrived at the factory and are trying to fix the problem in time for December shipping.

As some of you may or may not know, there are quality issues with T1s shipped in October. As far as we know, there is almost 10% defect within the October shipment, which is much higher than the 2% expected for low volume products. The production problem was concealed from us, and repeated so by bad actors within the factory. However, it is our oversight, so we will take the responsibility.

Our core team arrived at the factory this afternoon, and spent the last 5 hours investigating the cause and stopping packages from being shipped. It is now 3AM in the morning in Asia and we are notifying you now because we found the cause of the problem. For next steps, we have emailed those affected with some options.

Please accept our apologies for this unfortunate situation. Let us know what you want to do via support@formdworks.com and we will try our best to take action this week.

Why that think happen to you?
--
First I got message my T1 already shipped and then I got this? Which one is correct?
--
I'm okay with that, already waiting from march 2020 to July 2020 and Happy with your dedication. But can you give other options, cause I want to change my shipping address?

Will email you ASAP.

Thank you for your effort and dedication.

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
What is the maximum width of the radiators for the FormD T1?
depends on the thickness of the radiator

for ultra slim types like the XSPC TX series which are a hair over 20mm thick, 125mm width is doable, likely more but haven't meaured properly because only XSPC TX are this thin

for most other slim radiators that are 25-27mm thick, width is restricted to around 121mm-123mm from my measurements

Reactions: DrHudacris

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
LinkUp PCIE 4.0 Riser Cable Update.

Here some pics of the LinkUp Riser cable.
Fits perfectly in the T1.

Click Here

Performance-wise at 4K, there is no real difference between the stock riser and this one... it’s all within margin of error.
Buying this riser is more for convenience. If I update the BIOS or accidentally default all settings, I don’t have to take apart the system just to connect the GPU directly to the motherboard to access the BIOS and change the PCIE slot type to Gen3.

Hope this helps

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
LinkUp PCIE 4.0 Riser Cable Update.

Here some pics of the LinkUp Riser cable.
Fits perfectly in the T1.

Click Here

Performance-wise at 4K, there is no real difference between the stock riser and this one... it’s all within margin of error.
Buying this riser is more for convenience. If I update the BIOS or accidentally default all settings, I don’t have to take apart the system just to connect the GPU directly to the motherboard to access the BIOS and change the PCIE slot type to Gen3.

Hope this helps
Holy shit, it really does fit perfectly. If, ever so slightly too long at the GPU end of it. But that's nothing some sand paper can't fix.
Did it fit with just the stock mounting holes?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Holy shit, it really does fit perfectly. If, ever so slightly too long at the GPU end of it. But that's nothing some sand paper can't fix.
Did it fit with just the stock mounting holes?
Yup, mounting holes fit although it wasn't perfectly aligned. No issues though.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Without knowing what kind of defects were included in "B-grade", I opted to ship later. I've waited long enough, what's another month? ?
I would have been OK with anything except inability to assemble and cosmetic defects to exterior surfaces.

The problems are the ones you see on Navic 's SubReddit post.

The problems doesn't always include all of them, but you could have a few that's even worse. That's the nature of B-Stock.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
This one fits even better but they say it's only for nvidia cards.
Still waiting on a PCI4 riser for AMD. Hoping Wahaha360 has something soon.

Reactions: ellroy80

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This one fits even better but they say it's only for nvidia cards.
Still waiting on a PCI4 riser for AMD. Hoping Wahaha360 has something soon.
They say AMD cards have limited tolerance (compared to Nvidia cards) and thus this cable is not suitable for AMD cards. This is interesting. Must keep this in mind.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Yes, but I'm not sure what that means. You?

Here's a picture of it installed. It's slightly too long as you can see, but looks good to me.

Picture from reddit user max31092

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Ready for the custom loop in the T1, finally! ? ? ?

T_Dawg

Chassis Packer
Sep 26, 2020
They say AMD cards have limited tolerance (compared to Nvidia cards) and thus this cable is not suitable for AMD cards. This is interesting. Must keep this in mind.

Curious if they’ve had access to the RDNA 2 (“Big Navi”) cards to test if this problem persists in AMD’s latest cards.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yes, but I'm not sure what that means. You?

I do not know for sure. My guess is that AMD cards are more picky about signal integrity, latency...etc specifications. Just a little out of spec would prompt instability like BSOD or other errors. Maybe Nvidia cards are more 'forgiving' and can tolerate more?

Reactions: PKAWA

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019

Hope this helps
Exact reason why I ordered one as well.

Reactions: JRey

T_Dawg

Chassis Packer
Sep 26, 2020
A 3950 and 3090 on the same loop is asking quite a bit, Ali. But I am saddened by this a little.

Also glad that he talked about the riser cable issue, but surprised he didn't just pull the MB and update the BIOSes with the card plugged in directly.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I do not know for sure. My guess is that AMD cards are more picky about signal integrity, latency...etc specifications. Just a little out of spec would prompt instability like BSOD or other errors. Maybe Nvidia cards are more 'forgiving' and can tolerate more?
That would make sense. I was thinking along the lines of the actual slot and the width of the lanes on the riser pcb, but that makes more sense.
Hope it's not going to be a problem because I'd like the 6900xt in the case.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
This is what i got from linkup concerning the riser cable:

Thank you for your inquiry, the riser cable was tested with AMD 5700 GPU in an ITX system (small case) to find instability in a 24 hrs stress test. If you are using a mid / full tower PC, then it would work great with AMD GPU as it was tested in ATX systems without issue. As the same ITX system was tested with NVIDIA RTX3080 to pass without issue, we suspect it may be due to the limited tolerance built into the 5700 GPU as it was one of the first Gen 4 GPUs released last year. We hope the new AMD 6000 GPUs would be built better and the issue would be resolved, but as we had not tested the new AMD GPUs we are unable to predict. Thank you for your attention.