Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
could you not run the tubes out the other side, i.e. 180deg flip the block? that way you can route the tubes around the Ram?
i.e. like this guy did: Yes, he is running LP Ram, but if you take a look at where his tubes are routed is what I am pointing out, he is also running chunky ass power cables so with some custom cables you will have even more room.

Is there space to fit them between the radiator and motherboard though? (I'll be placing the fans on top)

The builder of that PC (@Navic) has replied a few times to some of my inquiries on the subreddit and he says that there probably won't be clearance over the ram for AIO tubing if I go with taller ram like the Trident or Ballistix.

That said, if there's space to fit both tubes between the ram and the radiator things may still work out.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Builds in 3-slot mode with an AIO? I haven't seen any builds with Trident Z Neo RGB sticks that also use an AIO in 3-slot mode yet, probably because the clearance from the motherboard is only 50.2mm in that mode, leaving only 9.2mm for AIO tubing. Is there maybe a different way of routing the tubing that I'm not considering?

Thanks for the reference - I hope Fabio has some advice for me.
Hey!

I am not sure what are you looking for exactly.
What I know is that the best 32gb RAM (2x32gb in a kit) are the Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16. The non RGB are a bit taller than the the LPX.
The Trident Neo I think they can work with an AIO. The tubing on top maybe will push a bit against the side panel, but I think they can also be routed around the ram, or against the radiator or even on the other side l, but depends from the motherboards layout of course.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
By G.Skill, I assume you mean Ripjaws? Because it's apparently even taller than their Trident Z Neo RGB ram at 42mm? (compared to 41mm on the Trident Z Neo)

My primary issue with the LPX is that their 32GB 3600mhz has the worst first-word-latency and CAS Latency at 10ms and 18, compared to 8.889ms and 16 on all the other 32GB sets I'm looking at. Not to mention the timing is the worst at 18-22-22-42 compared to 16-19-19-39 on the G Skill sticks and 16-18-18-38 on the Crucial Ballistix RGB.

Not sure if it means something but you are comparing lpx ram with standard height ram. 3600mhz CAS 18 is about the same as 3200 CAS 16, and there is no low profile ram that I know of that comes advertised at 3200mhz CAS 14 (which would be comparable to 3600mhz CAS 16).

If you want better OC capabilities and want to maybe reach 3600mhz CAS 16 with a low profile RAM I'd rather go with Crucial Ballistix sport LT (comes at 3200mhz CAS 16 but it overclocks better than corsair and you might be able to hit those numbers)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Not sure if it means something but you are comparing lpx ram with standard height ram. 3600mhz CAS 18 is about the same as 3200 CAS 16, and there is no low profile ram that I know of that comes advertised at 3200mhz CAS 14 (which would be comparable to 3600mhz CAS 16).

If you want better OC capabilities and want to maybe reach 3600mhz CAS 16 with a low profile RAM I'd rather go with Crucial Ballistix sport LT (comes at 3200mhz CAS 16 but it overclocks better than corsair and you might be able to hit those numbers)
Most RAM is actually the same height from what I've seen, it's just the heat spreaders that make them taller. LPX and Ballistix Sport LT look to be the same height to me. High end DIMMs made for overclocking might be bigger, but most of the time the extra height is just because of the heat spreader. I could be wrong, but this is what I've noticed when looking at RAM.
For instance, Corsair LPX and Gskill TridentZ RGB have the same PCB height and size, but the heat spreaders on the gskill are taller because of the RGB

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
more picture spam :)

just finished up setting up my build for an external radiator in the near future so I have some saucy eye candy

feel free to ask any questions and I will try to get back to everyone :)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
more picture spam :)

just finished up setting up my build for an external radiator in the near future so I have some saucy eye candy

feel free to ask any questions and I will try to get back to everyone :)

What's that disconnect you are trying to hide at the back of the case? What's the purpose?

Mastersock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
For people who've done custom loops, Is the B550i aorus pro ax fine? I've heard that the cpu socket is offset compared to other boards. Does this affect custom loops in any way?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I think he might be talking about the 2 wires, those are hooked up to a power button I have installed in my desk.

Nope was talking about the quick disconnect. Power button on your desk is interesting. Could of done a rf or wifi trigger.

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
Nope was talking about the quick disconnect. Power button on your desk is interesting. Could of done a rf or wifi trigger.

Ahh ok, yeah I have an external radiator on the way to hook up with the quick disconnects.
Wireless switch is an interesting idea for sure, don't think I've seen that before.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Ahh ok, yeah I have an external radiator on the way to hook up with the quick disconnects.
Wireless switch is an interesting idea for sure, don't think I've seen that before.

Or there is an app called wake on LAN which works well and you just use your smartphone.

This is the one I use

Reactions: PBJ

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Oh yeah! Wireless power button! I used to have one: FormD T1

Reactions: x111

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
Just discovered this case last week from an imgur album. I have 2 questions.

1) I know a 240mm AIO will fit. However will 2x 120mm AIO fit?

2) I want to use this case with 3 Slot PCIe using a Bifurcation Riser x8/x8. Does anyone know which ones will work for this case?

Thank you.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Just discovered this case last week from an imgur album. I have 2 questions.

1) I know a 240mm AIO will fit. However will 2x 120mm AIO fit?

2) I want to use this case with 3 Slot PCIe using a Bifurcation Riser x8/x8. Does anyone know which ones will work for this case?

Thank you.
A CPayne riser will work - dm’d you. I have one for sale

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
hey guys, can anyone tell me the size of the gap between the motherboard and psu in 3-slot gpu mode? I'm wondering if epdm 10/13 will fit through.