Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Hey Goatie, build's looking great!

I'm planning a hard-line build and currently tossing up between TX240 I have on hand, the HJ rad, Noctua Slims and 12mm slim scythes. I'm intending on implementing a second rad like some of the brave people on this forum. Is your HJ rad as close to the side panel as possible - if not is this because of how the fittings lined up? What's the clearance between the fans and your barrow GPU block atm?

Also is your HJ rad resting on the cross beam? Is it attached any other way?

Also I'm wondering how the g 1/4 placement on the HJ rad compares to a TX240/GTS240/EK Slim/Alphacool st25 if you have used any of those?

Cheers!

I really like the HJ rads, they are easy to work with and give you a couple more mm to work with.

I re-arranged the components after those initial photos, full log here: Click me

Some choice pics as the reddit pictures don't link here:

No bulge

Clearance is 5mm, so not great but I guess enough.... could be 8mm if I went form some 12mm thick fans, so that is always an option.

Money shot

Prior build 39/40c (3 sides off - 2 fans), fully bled for about a week.

After modding - 35c (all but one panel on - 4 fans) still got some bubbles only had an hour bleeding...

Last edited:

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
Nice, build Brude! I'm running into some major clearance issues with my NH-L12 (non-S) and the cross bar in flipped mode. I think the socket on the Gigabyte B550i sits too high up for me to use it without some bending and/or removing the cross bar.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Nice, build Brude! I'm running into some major clearance issues with my NH-L12 (non-S) and the cross bar in flipped mode. I think the socket on the Gigabyte B550i sits too high up for me to use it without some bending and/or removing the cross bar.
Thank you, kindly! I know my L12S only works in one orientation with my mobo, and I had to sand down a section of the fan to make even that work.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
My updated build and results with the 9900K!

TLDR: The L12S barely breaks a sweat!

Nice!

How are you runing your 9900K?

I'm still debating if I should go with intel just to get an MSI Unify z490i, I think its socket sits lower than gigabyte's b550 and might not have to remove the side strut

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Nice!

How are you runing your 9900K?

I'm still debating if I should go with intel just to get an MSI Unify z490i, I think its socket sits lower than gigabyte's b550 and might not have to remove the side strut

I realized I forgot OC info in my specs for Pt 5 after posting, so whoops! My CPU is OCed to 4.8ghz all core at 1.16v with load line calibration 1, and my GPU is now undervolted to 1980mhz core clock at 950v.

I'm sure the CPU can go harder than that, but that's all I need for now, and it runs quite comfortably. The GPU can run stable at +750 memory clock and +100 core clock, but I don't play anything that needs that at the moment, so I prefer the silence. :)

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
I'm in the process of setting up my build to support external radiators, and therefore no longer have the second tube routed over the PSU.

This means I had juuuust enough clearance to squeeze in my third NF-A12x15. The fan is pushed up hard against the centre strut and has only a few millimetres between my motherboard and cpu cables.

Within the next few weeks I will have a 240mm 54mm thicc radiator in push pull hooked up to this bad boy externally and will do some more testing.

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
I'm in the process of setting up my build to support external radiators, and therefore no longer have the second tube routed over the PSU.

This means I had juuuust enough clearance to squeeze in my third NF-A12x15. The fan is pushed up hard against the centre strut and has only a few millimetres between my motherboard and cpu cables.

Within the next few weeks I will have a 240mm 54mm thicc radiator in push pull hooked up to this bad boy externally and will do some more testing.
I see you also have the exotic tubing through the Mobo IO vent setup! Very nice! Let me know if you think of a more elegant way to route it... I was considering running 3slot GPU, modding a PCI bracket and installing a pass-through fitting.

In my previous build I compared a single '240GTS w/Noctua 12x25s' to a '240GTS w/Noctua 12x25s + TX240 w/ Slim Noctuas' and found a 6C reduction on CPU and GPU. Not exactly the same as your setup but I reckon you'll see a 8-10C reduction across the board with similar fan speeds considering the fat rad. I am running a 9700k + 5700XT.

"Tested temps (GTS240 + TX240) with OCCT large file - Heaven 4.0 1080 - 40 minute - fans sets to standard.
  • CPU package 58 average, 63 max // GPU 47 average, 53 max // noctua fans ~1400 RPM
I also tested just the single GTS240 rad with soft tube (see last pic) under the same conditions
  • CPU package 64 average, 69 max // GPU 52 average, 58 max // noctua fans ~1600 RPM"

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
I see you also have the exotic tubing through the Mobo IO vent setup! Very nice! Let me know if you think of a more elegant way to route it... I was considering running 3slot GPU, modding a PCI bracket and installing a pass-through fitting.

In my previous build I compared a single '240GTS w/Noctua 12x25s' to a '240GTS w/Noctua 12x25s + TX240 w/ Slim Noctuas' and found a 6C reduction on CPU and GPU. Not exactly the same as your setup but I reckon you'll see a 8-10C reduction across the board with similar fan speeds considering the fat rad. I am running a 9700k + 5700XT.

"Tested temps (GTS240 + TX240) with OCCT large file - Heaven 4.0 1080 - 40 minute - fans sets to standard.
  • CPU package 58 average, 63 max // GPU 47 average, 53 max // noctua fans ~1400 RPM
I also tested just the single GTS240 rad with soft tube (see last pic) under the same conditions
  • CPU package 64 average, 69 max // GPU 52 average, 58 max // noctua fans ~1600 RPM"

Yes I think I have seen your build before. Until FormD starts selling individual M19-1 to G1/4 fittings I don't think there's a cleaner way to do it. The way I have mine setup I can't see the tubes from where I sit at my PC so I am happy with it, the motherboard holes really are a perfect fit for the 10/16mm tubing.

I'm going to be using a Corsair Hydro X Series XR7 240mm radiator, which is a rebrand of the Hardware Labs GTX series, with 4 arctic P12 fans in push pull. I'm hoping for water temps in the high 30's under gaming load but we will have to see! I'd like to run my fans at around 1000 rpm so that the system is silent if possible.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
@Wahaha360 has the design of the front panel I/O been finalized? What is the long cutout for? SD card reader?
Just want to voice that I'd like a front panel without SD card reader considering how much of a tight fit my build is.

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
Is there already a definitive answer as to what 240mm radiator is the best option based on price, performance build quality etc? I was personally leaning to an ekwb rad but I'm not entirely sure yet

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Is there already a definitive answer as to what 240mm radiator is the best option based on price, performance build quality etc? I was personally leaning to an ekwb rad but I'm not entirely sure yet

tx240 is the best performing rad that fits with no mods BUT does have specific fitment requirements. I asked this a few weeks back and that is the answer I got.

TX is an asterisk, it can't go against panel, must be spaced away from the top panel either with a set of fans or using the short bracket to keep it closer to the motherboard than panel.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@rarskies, when I had dual 2080tis in the case I just modified the I/O bracket of one the 2080ti to use the aquacomputer passthrough terminal and it worked out great with the rads mounted under the desk.

Reactions: rarskies

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
tx240 is the best performing rad that fits with no mods BUT does have specific fitment requirements. I asked this a few weeks back and that is the answer I got.
I just checked and the availability in the EU is pretty scarce. Any second best option?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I just checked and the availability in the EU is pretty scarce. Any second best option?

The ranking of radiators (best to worse) is currently HWL GTS, TX, EK classic, and last LT240. The LT240 suffers from being thin and low FPI, but definitely easiest to fit.

So comparing fans on top with TX or HWL to fans bottom with LT240, you have to consider that due to better performance, you can run fans slower on the TX and HWL. In my own testing, the fans are a bit louder when between panel and radiator. But at least with noctua slim fans it's a pleasing wind rushing noise (sorry I don't know the technical term for this, but I found it not annoying).

Huda's list is in performance sort, fit sort is exact opposite so EK Classic is your next best option.