Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
sorry if this is off topic but i just got my sf750 PSU and it's my first ever sff part and holy fuck its absolutely tiny. i was not prepared

Switching from a powermac g5 to the t1 is going to be ridiculous. wow.

It's funny how far we have come in the last 50 yrs. Took a computer with less power than an apple watch to operate the space program and now we have mapped and can rewrite the human gnome.

Reactions: redzr9

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Well... I know this isn't new, but it's new to me... and I am EXCITED!

I couldn't justify a 9900K when Z390 was new and I upgraded to that platform, but I couldn't resist the $299 Microcenter sale. This should keep me happy/content until DDR5 is a thing, and I can't wait to see what kind of silicon I got! More on that once I tinker. :)

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
It's funny how far we have come in the last 50 yrs. Took a computer with less power than an apple watch to operate the space program and now we have mapped and can rewrite the human gnome.
Ok 2 things

1) i built my original computer at the launch of the 900 series when i was absolutely dirt poor in college and bought a kit from tiger direct that didn't have a GPU and then bought a 970 and threw it in there. turns out my PSU was just 80+, not even bronze and literally all the noise in my computer was coming from my PSU fan until now. literally gaming with the sf750 is quieter than my windows log in screen was with my old psu. this is absurd.

2) my 970 needs 14 pins of power. Can i do this as shown here or does it need to come from 2 different leads on my PSU. it seems to be working just fine, my tiger direct PSU just had a 8 pin and a 6pin that came out of the PSU separately so i'd like to double check

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Ok 2 things

1) i built my original computer at the launch of the 900 series when i was absolutely dirt poor in college and bought a kit from tiger direct that didn't have a GPU and then bought a 970 and threw it in there. turns out my PSU was just 80+, not even bronze and literally all the noise in my computer was coming from my PSU fan until now. literally gaming with the sf750 is quieter than my windows log in screen was with my old psu. this is absurd.

2) my 970 needs 14 pins of power. Can i do this as shown here or does it need to come from 2 different leads on my PSU. it seems to be working just fine, my tiger direct PSU just had a 8 pin and a 6pin that came out of the PSU separately so i'd like to double check

I was just commenting on how far we have come as a civilization. It's great, can't wait to see what the next 50 yrs holds

ponster

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Anyone has a suggestion for a semi low-profile rotary 90 degree fittings that will work with the Nouvolo block in 3 slots mode? The ones I have now will sit flushed with the panel, but with the addition of the EKWB Torque compression fittings, they will be 2mm overflowed :c

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Anyone has a suggestion for a semi low-profile rotary 90 degree fittings that will work with the Nouvolo block in 3 slots mode? The ones I have now will sit flushed with the panel, but with the addition of the EKWB Torque compression fittings, they will be 2mm overflowed :c

anx21

Cable Smoosher
Jul 27, 2020
@Wahaha360 My 318mm long Zotac Trinity 3080 barely fits in terms of length and my 140mm MSI 1080 barely fits in terms of width, so hopefully the 318.5 x 140.1 Strix will fit. [Zotac photos] [MSI photos]
You might need 180-degree PCI-E adapters to deal with the width of thee Strix and some PCI-E bracket modding to deal with the length

NVM, seems pretty unlikely. Looks like the Strix is almost 2mm longer than the Zotac, and there's not much space b/w the PCI-E bracket and the backplate:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Sanded down my A12x15 using 80 grit sandpaper. They are now less than 13mm in height (took away ~1.5mm on the intake side and ~1mm exhaust side). Took me about an hour for each fan.
Nice sanding there! I have the TX240, A12x15 and A12x25 on hand so that presents me 3 options
  • TX240 + A12x15 -> fits out of the box, no extra work
  • TX240 + A12x25 -> sand down the precious fans for the LOL?
  • Leviathan Slim + A12x15 -> sand down the lesser precious fans for the extra ports on the rad
Still totally undecided on what to do haha Remind me again why did you need to sand the A12x15?

I spent a few hours tinkering yesterday.

Noctua 25mm and the 17mm rad fits under my motherboard (just). The side rad has 15mm noctua so team coffee and cream all round.
How are the temps? And versus your previous setup too! At this rate you might need a dedicated thread just like Fabio haha

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I actually have a couple of these on the way, but I don't think they will clear the EKWB Torque fittings from hitting the block.
Check for the classic Koolance 90 degrees.
I have to check if there are some barrow less taller also.

With the classic koolance, I have the torque mounted, but they are A bit to wide so there is a small bulge in the side panel in that point.

Reactions: ponster

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
How are the temps? And versus your previous setup too! At this rate you might need a dedicated thread just like Fabio haha

Im still building, cutting and routing tubing. I sometimes regret moving to hard tubing, given I change my loop so much. Still got a good half day of work to get it finished.

As for @fabio he has all the ideas, I have no idea.

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
I spent a few hours tinkering yesterday.

Noctua 25mm and the 17mm rad fits under my motherboard (just). The side rad has 15mm noctua so team coffee and cream all round.
Hey Goatie, build's looking great!

I'm planning a hard-line build and currently tossing up between TX240 I have on hand, the HJ rad, Noctua Slims and 12mm slim scythes. I'm intending on implementing a second rad like some of the brave people on this forum. Is your HJ rad as close to the side panel as possible - if not is this because of how the fittings lined up? What's the clearance between the fans and your barrow GPU block atm?

Also is your HJ rad resting on the cross beam? Is it attached any other way?

Also I'm wondering how the g 1/4 placement on the HJ rad compares to a TX240/GTS240/EK Slim/Alphacool st25 if you have used any of those?

Cheers!

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
Hey guys, just want to know if a 148mm tall waterblock would fit in the 3-slot orientation?

Also is 20mm thick waterblock thin enough for a dual radiator set up with HJ or TX240?

Thanks a lot, cheers!

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Nice sanding there! I have the TX240, A12x15 and A12x25 on hand so that presents me 3 options
  • TX240 + A12x15 -> fits out of the box, no extra work
  • TX240 + A12x25 -> sand down the precious fans for the LOL?
  • Leviathan Slim + A12x15 -> sand down the lesser precious fans for the extra ports on the rad
Still totally undecided on what to do haha Remind me again why did you need to sand the A12x15?

It’s to provide more clearance between the side rad and the GPU. It will provide a little bit better airflow. Still waiting for the EK 3080 FE block to complete the build though.

Also wanted to see how easy this is, so that I can do the same when A12x25 chromax comes and use that for the top rad.

Reactions: thelaughingman