Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019

I've placed the second M.2 ssd behind the radiator with a 30cm extension cable.
Added a fan to the heatsink for the chipset and first M.2
Now just waiting for the black Noctua fans to hit the market so that I can take it apart again hahah.
If you look closely you could probably just see in the left top corner that I've used a screw to secure the gpu to the bracket of the psu.
That way it stops it from sagging forward and staying flush with the middle.

Why did you not use the rear pcie slot on your MB and had to use an extension cable ? Clearance, temperature ?
Can you link the 30cm extension cable you used for your second nvme ssd please ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Just a quick dumb question maybe, bringing support for 2.5 - 2.75 slot GPUs DOES NOT mean losing current support for 3 slot GPUs am I right? as it states that parts will be sold separately.

@Wahaha360 I'm assuming next iteration will come with PCIe 4.0 with some mods you might include or not, anyways I'm unsure if I should bother you with shipment now or wait for next version, is there any guestimate on this or is it so far ahead that theres no saying yet?

Yes 2.5 - 2.75 Slot GPU slot option in addition to the regular 2 slot and 3 slot.

Still waiting for RDNA 2, so can’t test PCIe 4.0, don’t have ETA.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
That's such a pain! You're really having a great time lately by the sound of it XD

I mean if you think it should then that's enough for me XD it's by far my favorite of the current cards out and the one I wanted to go for and it looks like it should fit but extremely snuggly.

I'm all but decided on picking up a 3080 Strix, although I know I'll be waiting a long time haha

Let me be the first to test - wouldn’t want you guys to spend that kind of money to be disappointed.

I told my contacts to send me several ROG 3080 and ROG 3090, and I will test the first one that arrives.

karpik

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 11, 2020
Guys, is Formd T1 shipped without GPU riser? And if so, what risers are compatible? Is Fractal Design VRC-25 ok?

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Does anyone know the threading used for screws on the Corsair H100i Pro XT? I want to secure my fans to the rad with grub screws when it comes time to do my build but I haven't seen this info shared anywhere.

I've placed the second M.2 ssd behind the radiator with a 30cm extension cable.
Added a fan to the heatsink for the chipset and first M.2
Now just waiting for the black Noctua fans to hit the market so that I can take it apart again hahah.
If you look closely you could probably just see in the left top corner that I've used a screw to secure the gpu to the bracket of the psu.
That way it stops it from sagging forward and staying flush with the middle.

This is a damn clean build - makes me wish the tubes for the Corsair H100i Pro XT were longer so I could still use RGB RAM in 3-slot mode.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Why did you not use the rear pcie slot on your MB and had to use an extension cable ? Clearance, temperature ?
Can you link the 30cm extension cable you used for your second nvme ssd please ?
Yes purely temperature. The card is running fairly hot, and that would be the worst place for the ssd to be.
This is the one I have in my case:
20cm should also work, but the ssd will be facing down. I don't think that is a problem just a heads up so that you can choose your preference.
Be aware that the cable has a green led so the shorter one might actually be preferred. I put some black electrical tape over it.

Somebody else here said that running the psu reversed with the intake inside the case was a bad idea. I've tried it, and came to the conclusion that it was indeed just to much for the psu to have it run silent so I installed it the normal way.

Oh and just in case anybody is looking for magnets, these are the ones I used and they work great:

Last edited:

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Posted my temporary build on Reddit.

Air Cooled Ryzen 5 3600 + RTX 3080 FE

Setup
  • Mobo - Gigabyte Aorus B550i
  • CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (Big Shuriken 3 + Noctua NF A12x15)
  • GPU - RTX 3080 Founders Edition
  • RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CAS14
  • Drives - 2TB Intel 660P + 1TB Samsung 960 Evo
  • PSU - Corsair 750 SF Platinum
  • Case Fans - 2x Noctua S12A FLX
  • Cables - PSlate Mobo, 12 Pin, CPU 8 Pin
I went with the BS3 over the L12S so I wasn't restricted on RAM height. I could deshroud the modules but I plan on overclocking them to 3600MHz CAS14 at a minimum and may need the heat spreaders.

Initial impression of the system is that it's cool and quiet. The CPU and GPU hit 76c and 77c with fans on auto. Noise isn't issue at all, the system was VERY quiet and fan speed is only audible when you're about 2 feet away.

I'm sure I can get better temps, power usage, and even lower noise once everything has been optimized. I'm most likely going to sell all my watercooling parts as air cooling performance is very respectable.

I'll have a full write up done this weekend with more build pictures that show tolerances between the components.

Once the 5900x and Big Navi are released (and in my hands), I'll immediately swap both in and run tests. On the CPU side, I'll run it stock and also with 1 CCD disabled to emulate a 5600x.
I'll also be comparing Big Navi to the RTX 3080, selling the one that doesn't meet my personal standards/requirements.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Let me be the first to test - wouldn’t want you guys to spend that kind of money to be disappointed.

I told my contacts to send me several ROG 3080 and ROG 3090, and I will test the first one that arrives.
Well if you end up with excess I'm always happy to help you find a home for one of them ?
I think its going to fit. You will probably have to build around it like you have to for the 3090 FE but it'll get in there!

We are still waiting on someone to try and fit the XC3 in 2 slot mode too.
At this rate it'll probably be you mate haha

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
So last night I impulse-bought a H100i RGB Platinum and (3600 CL 16) Crucial Ballistix RAM for my upcoming build. Am I going to be in trouble in 3 slot mode? RAM height is 39mm vs 31mm on Corsair Vengeance LPX. How much space does that leave over the top of the RAM? 15mm-ish?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
sorry if this is off topic but i just got my sf750 PSU and it's my first ever sff part and holy fuck its absolutely tiny. i was not prepared

Switching from a powermac g5 to the t1 is going to be ridiculous. wow. the powermac is still the most beautiful case of all time imo sry @Wahaha360 but the t1 is a very close second.