Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Those are the tygon R6010, with an additional 30cm spring around them because they will bend without them.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Anyone with a ROG Strix 3080 or 3090 in T1?
I wanted to try it but it's A LOT of money in the event it doesn't fit... from going over the dimentions I think the card will hit the front panel as it's very blocky.

It's also very tall so if it does fit I feel strongly that it will be basically contacting on all sides - do you have reason to believe it will fit?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
My T1 shipped yesterday and my excitement is too real - is it normal for there to be no tracking details provided?
Yep - once it's trasferred to your local carrier you will get tracking, it's just while it's moving through China.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
So my Finances have found a bit of a wall recently with home renovations going on and this Covid dealio. . .So my plans for a custom loop are falling away fast, as the Mr's has put a stop to any plans for ordering a 3080 or 3090.. .. and without that, i see no point in completing a custom loop, so will probably sell my TX240 and Eisbloc LT Solo. and head for a 240mm AIO for my 3950x instead.
I am torn between the options though and am leaning towards the EK240 AIO option, though seems from non SFF related forums it is a less than ideal performer for anAIO.
whats the opinion of those here of the thermal performance of the EK240 AIO in the T1? static temperatures aside, looking for more an opinion as if it is indeed a 'good' option or if something like the corsair options perform better?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
whats the opinion of those here of the thermal performance of the EK240 AIO in the T1? static temperatures aside, looking for more an opinion as if it is indeed a 'good' option or if something like the corsair options perform better?
I'm using the EK with 3900X, PBO enabled, Clock +200MHz offset, Vcore -0.05V offset and temps are 45-50C idle, 73-75C on spike as clock boosts, sustained full load at 80-83C, with ambient temp of 28-30C. That's good enough to me, nothing to complain about really.
Did not get to try the LT240 or other Asetek-based AIOs so can't compare them directly.

Reactions: DrLeroy

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I wanted to try it but it's A LOT of money in the event it doesn't fit... from going over the dimentions I think the card will hit the front panel as it's very blocky.

It's also very tall so if it does fit I feel strongly that it will be basically contacting on all sides - do you have reason to believe it will fit?

My Strix 3080 stuck in customs.

I think it should fit, but I guess we wait.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
My Strix 3080 stuck in customs.

I think it should fit, but I guess we wait.
That's such a pain! You're really having a great time lately by the sound of it XD

I mean if you think it should then that's enough for me XD it's by far my favorite of the current cards out and the one I wanted to go for and it looks like it should fit but extremely snuggly.

I'm all but decided on picking up a 3080 Strix, although I know I'll be waiting a long time haha

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
@Wahaha360 My 318mm long Zotac Trinity 3080 barely fits in terms of length and my 140mm MSI 1080 barely fits in terms of width, so hopefully the 318.5 x 140.1 Strix will fit. [Zotac photos] [MSI photos]
You might need 180-degree PCI-E adapters to deal with the width of thee Strix and some PCI-E bracket modding to deal with the length
At least the strix has recessed plugs - the length is the part in concerned about because it looks like the zotac pokes into the front panel recess which the strix can't.

Reactions: Navic

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

I've placed the second M.2 ssd behind the radiator with a 30cm extension cable.
Added a fan to the heatsink for the chipset and first M.2
Now just waiting for the black Noctua fans to hit the market so that I can take it apart again hahah.
If you look closely you could probably just see in the left top corner that I've used a screw to secure the gpu to the bracket of the psu.
That way it stops it from sagging forward and staying flush with the middle.

Last edited: