Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
After taking apart my Galax 3080, it seems that this card is an excellent candidate for deshrouding!

Here are some measurements for anyone interested:
Thickness
Length
Width

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I believe the core of ST25 and ST30 are identical, so might as well go with 25 and 15mm fans.

And small nit pick, it's a scythe slipstream (12mm), the Kaze flex slim are 15mm. But you are correct as to the rubber pads (sometimes 2) being needed in the pull orientation as the blades stick up past frame.

I read you on the core, nuts that just the shroud and stuff could add 5mm?! I happen to have the old ST30 in storage right now so I was curious to tinker with that.

Big thanks on correction in terminology-- I indeed mixed up Slipstream @ 12mm and Kaze flex slim @ 15mm! And cool-- I think that confirmation re: pull needing at *least* one pad throws the idea right out.

Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
These are the new PMW one!

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Here are 2 reasons why I think 2.5 is better than 2.75 slot mode: 2.5 slot allows for a 60mm CPU cooler, while 2.75 in allowing 55, which is not much different. On the GPU side, 2.5 slots are just enough to not use the EK terminal fittings. 2.75 slot mode in my opinion is not too much different from 3 slot mode, so I don't really see the point of it. Plus, I think the main reason we are adding these modes is for AIO and water cooling?

This is just my opinion, you're welcome to your own

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Here are 2 reasons why I think 2.5 is better than 2.75 slot mode: 2.5 slot allows for a 60mm CPU cooler, while 2.75 in allowing 55, which is not much different. On the GPU side, 2.5 slots are just enough to not use the EK terminal fittings. 2.75 slot mode in my opinion is not too much different from 3 slot mode, so I don't really see the point of it. Plus, I think the main reason we are adding these modes is for AIO and water cooling?

This is just my opinion, you're welcome to your own
I agree with this - I think it's literally the middle ground between the current options and makes the most sense and probably adds the most support for additional cooler or GPU options combined.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Has anyone (looking mainly at @fabio @stanleyguan @DrHudacris since I believe I remember you three fellas mentioning these fans) tried the Scythe Kaze Flex 12mm fans on thicker radiators? I just realized I have an Alphacool ST30 lying around. Seems like it might work as my main radiator with the 12mm Scythes, so long as they aren't completely inadequate for 16fpi on ST30.

Also: I thought I remembered someone saying that I need to add the 1mm rubber pads on the Scythes due to the blades sticking out? So would I be SOL with respect to the 42mm motherboard clearance? Or is that maybe not a "hard" 42mm? EDIT: Found Huda's confirmation of a "hard" 42mm here!

I'd use 15mm fans if possible. I did some rough testing and the Scythe 12mm fans are about 200rpm behind A12x15 when noise-normalized (meaning that at the same level of noise you could run A12x15 at 1400rpm but 12mm fans at only 1200rpm for example). 200rpm is going to completely negate any performance gain from a slightly thicker radiator (plus, as @DrHudacris mentioned ST25 and ST30 may have identical core). A12x15 is also much more reliable.

As for clearance issue with the Scythe 12mm fans, I did have to use at least 1mm of padding on the intake side (with the 17mm Hanjiang radiators I may even need 2mm depending on how the fans are oriented). A few people on Taobao also mentioned the same. But IIRC @fabio did not have this issue. So YMMV.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Hey I am looking to do something very similar, do you mind explaining how this would work give that there is no inlet port on the side of the block? Is there enough room to you run the tube between the GPU block and the radiator?
To connect the pump inlet port to one of the ports on the radiator, there should be enough room if you use two 90-degree fittings that are 20mm or lower in height. The Barrow non-rotary fittings work well. You just need to have enough of them to find one to screw to the right angle. Here's my collection:

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Just a quick dumb question maybe, bringing support for 2.5 - 2.75 slot GPUs DOES NOT mean losing current support for 3 slot GPUs am I right? as it states that parts will be sold separately.

@Wahaha360 I'm assuming next iteration will come with PCIe 4.0 with some mods you might include or not, anyways I'm unsure if I should bother you with shipment now or wait for next version, is there any guestimate on this or is it so far ahead that theres no saying yet?

Reactions: SFF Watercooled

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
To connect the pump inlet port to one of the ports on the radiator, there should be enough room if you use two 90-degree fittings that are 20mm or lower in height. The Barrow non-rotary fittings work well. You just need to have enough of them to find one to screw to the right angle. Here's my collection:

Thanks a lot! I will get some and hopefully I will be able to squeeze it between the gpu waterblock and the second radiator.

Mastersock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
Does anyone know the distance between the se 240 thread port and side panel on the gpu side? I'm trying to figure out how long of a fitting I need to fit a second rad in the case. (Connecting the two rads)