Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Lallo

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2018
What is the best small AIO for this case? I'm thinking of getting this case and I want 3 slot for the GPU but that means I need either theAlpenföhn Black Ridge or a decent AIO. Which is better?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
What is the best small AIO for this case? I'm thinking of getting this case and I want 3 slot for the GPU but that means I need either theAlpenföhn Black Ridge or a decent AIO. Which is better?
If you have a CPU that doesn't draw a lot of power, get a 120mm AIO, like the CoolerMaster ML120 V2, or the EK 120 DRGB. If you have a more power hungry CPU, then get a 240mm AIO like the Corsair H100i or the EK 240 DRGB, both with slim fans.

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
Doesn’t the EK pump exceed 50mm in height? Is this a “it fits” or a “you can make it fit” situation? I’m not really interested in a bulging side panel but I do prefer the way the EK pump block looks.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Doesn’t the EK pump exceed 50mm in height? Is this a “it fits” or a “you can make it fit” situation? I’m not really interested in a bulging side panel but I do prefer the way the EK pump block looks.
It fits right up against the side panel. Like I said before, there is a very slight bulge but unless you're actively looking for it, you're not going to see it. Some have even said it's not there. Plus, you could also get shorter motherboard standoffs if you are really concerned about it.
If you really, really dont want any chance for a bulge, then get the Corsair H100i

Reactions: DrHudacris

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
It fits right up against the side panel. Like I said before, there is a very slight bulge but unless you're actively looking for it, you're not going to see it. Some have even said it's not there. Plus, you could also get shorter motherboard standoffs if you are really concerned about it.
If you really, really dont want any chance for a bulge, then get the Corsair H100i

Would you say that a 120mm AIO + 2x 25mm fans is enough to cool a X700/X800 Zen 3 CPU (Whatever they end up numbering them) and an RTX 3080 GPU in the T1, or would you say that at that point I should go for a 240mm rad like the H100i with slim fans?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Would you say that a 120mm AIO + 2x 25mm fans is enough to cool a X700/X800 Zen 3 CPU (Whatever they end up numbering them) and an RTX 3080 GPU in the T1, or would you say that at that point I should go for a 240mm rad like the H100i with slim fans?
It's impossible to say because no one has those processors yet, so we have no independent numbers for power consumption. A 120mm AIO should work, but if you really want to be safe get a 240mm AIO. No point in planning anything right now though. Wait for reviews before making a final decision.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

To add to @Navic , I don't even know if a 120mm with 2x 25mm fan push pull would even fit. Maybe slim pull and 25mm push

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019

2 fans 120mm under and over the case makes a huge different and it allows to use a very restrictive dust filter.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
To add to @Navic , I don't even know if a 120mm with 2x 25mm fan push pull would even fit. Maybe slim pull and 25mm push
I thought that the person asking was asking if they could have one fan on the rad and one for case airflow. There might be enough room for a slim fan above the rad, but I doubt it. But, you probably could make it work if you mounted the fan/rad to the top panel instead of to the brackets, which might allow for two full sized fans in push/pull... hmmmmmm

Reactions: DrHudacris

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I thought that the person asking was asking if they could have one fan on the rad and one for case airflow. There might be enough room for a slim fan above the rad, but I doubt it. But, you probably could make it work if you mounted the fan/rad to the top panel instead of to the brackets, which might allow for two full sized fans in push/pull... hmmmmmm

Navic maybe you can answer this, would it be possible to run a 120 radiator at 45 mm thick like the alphacool XT45 with a12x25?

I know official 120 thickness is 35 mm but I've seen people runing 240 rad with a12x25 plus a slim fan above, it barely fits but it does. So I'm thinking it should be possible to swap the 15mm from the slim fan for 15 mm moar of rad thickness?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Navic maybe you can answer this, would it be possible to run a 120 radiator at 45 mm thick like the alphacool XT45 with a12x25?

I know official 120 thickness is 35 mm but I've seen people runing 240 rad with a12x25 plus a slim fan above, it barely fits but it does. So I'm thinking it should be possible to swap the 15mm from the slim fan for 15 mm moar of rad thickness?
not with the 120mm AIO/fan bracket. You could maybe get away with it if you mount the rad to the top panel and don't use a bracket, but I don't think it's possible. Even if it was, the fan would have basically no airflow, so I don't think there would be much of an improvement.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Installed a Noiseblocker 40mm Fan - BlackSilentPRO - 3800 RPM to keep the temps of the SSD under control.
While it does work and cools from 45c to 33c degrees under full load, the noise is definitely NOT blocked!
Have it now at around 60% fan speed, and the noise is still audible, but temps are also still good at 36c.
Meanwhile the chipset went from 61c to 49c
What makes me wonder is that it's rated at 18db. That would not have been audible.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
What makes me wonder is that it's rated at 18db. That would not have been audible.
because they probably tested it in an anechoic chamber, or tested it in such a way to make it look good. Usually if you see noise levels advertised at that level, they aren't actually representative of the real experience.