Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

robinpfeiffer

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2018
rbn.dev
This is my bad, sorry guys!

I crashed about hour before preorder.

What should I do now ?
I will be waiting for a white case and separate black side panels, so probably until a larger batch is available. But will check in every week. Just do the same as the last time something similar happened and combine the cases from this week into a larger (double) batch for next week Friday.

Reactions: worldtour

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Now it's for the T1. It is based off the spec sheet on the 1st page and the specs already listed. I did not double check them. Someone else can work from here lol.

Edit: fix the width from 59.2 to 60 (i'll fix the colors later lol)

Thanks for this. Also Aorus Xtreme/Master cards are 3.5 slots/70mm thick. No chance.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-09-19: To amend for missing Sep-18 drop, Saturday, Sep-19, 9AM PDT drop will open for the entire weekend.

TLDR, fell asleep about an hour before preorder b/c Friday 9AM PDT is Friday midnight in Asia ?‍♂️ . We will reopen the drop for the entire weekend starting today, Sep-19, 9AM PDT

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
I'm still waiting to recieve my gpu waterblock (probably next week) so I won't share my build right now but I thought it would be cool to share some information about... magnets ? for future T1 adopters.

Here's how you can have the side panels hold in place when you remove the top and/or bottom panel(s) :

Here's what I bought in order to do this :

Previously I tried this, but it really wasn't great :

As always be careful with Amazon as prices can sometimes be really high for some items, a Google search might sometimes save you a few bucks.

Hope it'll help!

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Here's a review of several 3080's with temps. I thought it might be good to make an informed choice which gpu to get when wtercooling is not preferred.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I thought that as well. Especially since Tom's Hardware reports that it's 38mm thick. Narrow enough to fit in the 39.2mm 2 slot mode dimension of the T1.

Yup like I said in my post I didn't double check the measurements just converted the table. I updated it this morning because the link from formdworks.com that list GPU compatibility has a 1080 Strix fitting in two slots and it is 40mm. I don't know where the 40mm comes from it was just there for me to work with. I will update it to 38 and put a note the measurements are from tomshardware

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
If I was getting a 3080, it would be the EVGA FTW3, because EVGA's support is amazing and their cards are also amazing, even if they don't look good this generation.
Pro-tip: that card is part of EVGA's step up program. So get yourself an EVGA card to hold you over, register that sucker right away and step up!

It'll be slow but you'll get one eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
What rtx 3080 brands will you guys be running in your cases ? Air or watercooled ?

I've been an EVGA guy for a long time, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. Like @Navic said, they have amazing customer support, along with some of the best GPUs money can buy generation after generation. My favorite card I've ever had was my EVGA GTX 1070ti Hybrid card, so I'll probably wait for EVGA to release their 3080 hybrid they teased a while back. Size constraints will obviously play a factor in that decision, but I don't think I'll go air again after having to mod my 2070 with the G12 bracket. Silence truly is golden. :)

Reactions: fabio

SpaceCowboy

Cable Smoosher
May 5, 2020
After watching Gamers Nexus teardown of the 3080FE, I'm thinking that removing the silver outer shroud on the 3090FE might give us the clearance we need to squeeze it in the T1 if it won't fit natively.

A side effect being it looks pretty sweet, at least in my opinion for a black T1! Still taken from Gamers Nexus's video, you can see what I'm taking about removing in the lower right hand corner there, what do you guys think?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
After watching Gamers Nexus teardown of the 3080FE, I'm thinking that removing the silver outer shroud on the 3090FE might give us the clearance we need to squeeze it in the T1 if it won't fit natively.

A side effect being it looks pretty sweet, at least in my opinion for a black T1! Still taken from Gamers Nexus's video, you can see what I'm taking about removing in the lower right hand corner there, what do you guys think?

A potentially serious drawback is that around half of the heat of the front fan will be exhausted back into the case, while heating up the rear fan's heatsink fins.
Not sure how this impede the total cooling performance but there is certainly an impact on the cooling of the card as well as other components inside the case.