Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020

Ek block - looks like the in/out is at the end of the card.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

What?! Where are the @DrHudacris edition modifications? Bastards

Hilarious jokes aside, that's awesome! I almost wonder if I'd rather have the outlets at the top still though to gain some more length for stuffing rad, res/pump, etc. But I do love the changed approach due to the funky Ampere Founders PCB!

EDIT: Wait also-- where's that from? Mailing list? I can't seem to find it on EK's usual channels.

EDIT... again: Ah here it is now via Twitter

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

NBM722

Cable Smoosher
Mar 27, 2020
omg!!! Every day there are new products and good new about this case and the potentials of it , it's like It is destined to be

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
This is looking better and better. Maybe we can fit a second rad and fan behind the 90.
so these two should fit with a 25mm fan

Last edited:
Reactions: SoSquidTaste

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020

This is awesome! Here’s my loop plan:

Top radiator > Quick disconnect (for filling loop) > CPU block > Side radiator (tube through the gap between PSU and motherboard) > GPU block > EK SPC-60 pump > Top radiator

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
EK said in the comments that 3080 FE block will be 205mm long, and 3090 FE at 230mm. So the 3090 FE block may also be taller. We will have some more clearance to fit stuff with 3080 FE.

Reactions: eedev

karpik

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 11, 2020
Guys, i've preordered Formd T1 and now trying to choose the right components. I think its ok to take 120mm AIO for CPU cooling, so is there some sense in taking hybrid GPU, like EVGA, to install it's radiator in second 120 slot? I mean liquid cooling is always better, right? :) But I just hasn't seen T1 builds with hybrid cards. What do you think?

Reactions: thelaughingman

lampree

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2020
Guys, i've preordered Formd T1 and now trying to choose the right components. I think its ok to take 120mm AIO for CPU cooling, so is there some sense in taking hybrid GPU, like EVGA, to install it's radiator in second 120 slot? I mean liquid cooling is always better, right? :) But I just hasn't seen T1 builds with hybrid cards. What do you think?
Not sure if you saw this post, but here's somebody doing the dual 120mm approach.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
A hybrid card with the NZXT G12 bracket would work, but a hybrid card from EVGA most likely won't work. This is because the tubes exit at the top of the card, and they aren't very flexible, so you might not be able to bend them enough to not interfere with the top panel/top strut.

Reactions: karpik

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
I've considered having a radiator at the GPU side for a long while. My early thought is to have a ultra thin 240 radiator at the GPU side. There's a 17mm 240 radiator in the market and should fit pretty well (just 4mm longer than Titan RTX).

However, later I noticed the Aquanaut waterblock. It frees more space at the GPU side and now I can have a radiator as long as 312mm at the GPU side. And Bitspower's 280mm radiator is 312*140! It fits perfectly without any gap! That's why I'm considering this negative pressure plan. I can now have a 280 + 240 radiator custom loop in this 9.5L case.

I'll choose Noctua's best 25mm fans to exhaust air and use the 17mm 240 radiator at the top. That means the GPU side radiator is really the main radiator and the 240 guy is just complementing.

I think this configuration may work as well as a 37mm 280 radiator custom loop. That's much more than enough and the 350w 3090 will be never impossible.

I've already pre-ordered an RTX3090. And I'll get a 5700xt or a radeon vii first if that pre-order failed. My build is expected to be finished on about Oct 20th (The case will be shipped Oct 12th-16th), so just wait for my build!
Update: Bought this custom-made water block for Aorus X570-I to watercool all things on the mobo. Now I don't need to give fresh air to any part except my passive 280 radiator! (Or just leave some pore to provide some fresh air for the second radiator and the PSU)
Custom full block for Aorus X570-I

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Update: Bought this custom-made water block for Aorus X570-I to watercool all things on the mobo. Now I don't need to give fresh air to any part except my passive 280 radiator! (Or just leave some pore to provide some fresh air for the second radiator and the PSU)
Custom full block for Aorus X570-I
Wow that is such a sweet combo! Do you buy directly off Taobao ? I almost got through the payment process then my credit card was blocked due to fraud. Tried again and I couldn't get on the same US shipping payment page. 3rd party websites charge a huge fee along with shipping.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Wow that is such a sweet combo! Do you buy directly off Taobao ? I almost got through the payment process then my credit card was blocked due to fraud. Tried again and I couldn't get on the same US shipping payment page. 3rd party websites charge a huge fee along with shipping.
Hmmmm... Actually I live in China so that's not my concern lmao. However I remember that Taobao provides international shipping (at least in Chinese version). Also the store told me that he does have some international customers, so that should not be a problem.