Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

V_F

Cable Smoosher
Jul 10, 2020
There's a thread on reddit withultiple people reporting that their case was returned to shipper. Even @gwertheim ...must be something more widespread going on... Maybe with DHL?
Mine is July third week, EMS shipment, also rejected from export, I got the msg from FormD team after email contacting them and day-later order status updated to _AwaitingTracking!_ again. Dunno what happened, might not be the same issue, but perhaps good to explain why cannot open pre-order on time this week, just too many returned shipments to arrange for a small team.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Got email yesterday which only saw today so surprised stock is left and on the multiple colour options.

Shame no actual pics so could determine colour choice.

iO still not on the cards for this batch?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
so this is how my Saturday went ? before vs. after

not happy with that 92mm fan I had to find a way to make the full size 120mm work below the EK rad. before the issue was not being able to lower the front of the rad enough to close the top lid, since it hits the edge of the front piece. I noticed there's about 5mm between the edge of the fan and the hoses, so the solution came to mind is to just not screw in the fan, push the rad back as much as possible with the 120mm fan in place and push the top down. and it works! the fan is perfectly secured and held in place by the tubing with 0 movement.

super tight clearance shot - had to bend the stock cables a lot since I don't have custom cables in the lengths that works for the T1 yet. though I'm getting the M2426 from JHack and that will solve most of that issue

also could not run this with PSU flipped because the position on the backplate makes the PSU reaches higher than in default, especially the PSU bracket and the thick PSU plug.

One last thing, the longer countersunk screw seems to break quite easily, I've broken 2 already from just normal screwing actions. Probably just me but @Wahaha360 could you share the full list and quantity of screws please so I can source them locally when needed? Cheers!

Last edited:

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Wahaha is still working on the distro plate I believe, which serves pretty much the same purpose but is imo a more elegant and integrated design. This still has the same issues with clearance like the Alphcool ES 1U only with the benefit of not leaking(hopefully haha), potentially better inlet/outlet placement, and arguably a cleaner design(ES 1U is too industrial for the T1 for my taste). I'll share any prototypes that do work and let's see how things go from there.

That is one crazy looking pump top. I don't have an SLA machine either but my college does provide SLA printing and consultation on the process at a reasonable price so I'll probably prototype that way. I did manage to make a few simple watertight cups with my Ender 3 but it is, like you said, definitely not reliable for use in a watercooling loop. Excited to see your crazy design materialized as well!
Yeh, I do like the idea of the distroplate however it might not be for everyone, in kinda on the bench of if I should get it or not as it might take away from the minimalist look, I'd also have no intention of using coloured coolant so wouldn't look quite as good, for this reason it would be nice to see an internal pump developed that's tailor fit to the t1.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Geedub

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2017
I'd like FormD to offer a Gen4 riser cable for the T1, I'd be willing to shell out some extra shekels to be able to fully support my AMD Ryzen and 5700 XT. Is the availability of one in the works in the near future? Or should I look around to see if a 3rd party has a reliable Gen4 riser cable that fits in the T1?

gintasr

Cable Smoosher
Oct 25, 2018
Will you be able to buy panels in different colors? I bought the black on 7/31 but now I see gunmetal is finally available for November. Do you plan on releasing panels in gunmetal?

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
I'd like FormD to offer a Gen4 riser cable for the T1, I'd be willing to shell out some extra shekels to be able to fully support my AMD Ryzen and 5700 XT. Is the availability of one in the works in the near future? Or should I look around to see if a 3rd party has a reliable Gen4 riser cable that fits in the T1?
Easy, buy a Ghost S1 mk3 like I do, then swap the riser cable ?

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
I belive this has been discussed earlier both on sff and on the T1 reddit. Current gen gpus do not require pcie 4, the only thing that actually takes advantage of pcie 4 is nvme ssds. Additionally I brljve there was talk of their being no decent gen4 ricers, correct me if I'm wrong but I think people are waiting for 3Ms rise cable wich isnt out yet. Basically there is no need to include gen 4 ricers (especially for a 5700xt) and even if they wanted to wahaha couldn't as there are no good ones.

Geedub

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2017
I belive this has been discussed earlier both on sff and on the T1 reddit. Current gen gpus do not require pcie 4, the only thing that actually takes advantage of pcie 4 is nvme ssds. Additionally I brljve there was talk of their being no decent gen4 ricers, correct me if I'm wrong but I think people are waiting for 3Ms rise cable wich isnt out yet. Basically there is no need to include gen 4 ricers (especially for a 5700xt) and even if they wanted to wahaha couldn't as there are no good ones.

Reason I wanted one was because of graphics issues I experienced with the system while the pcie setting in the bios was set to auto. Once I changed it to Gen3, problems went away.

sampo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 24, 2019
Any thoughts about the best cpu air cooler for this case (3 slot mode) if the cooler relies on case airflow. Would nhl9-65 fit, even if it’s 0,8mm oversized, or would a axp100 full copper be a safer choice?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Any consensus on what would be the "best" watercooled configuration for a maxed out system?
Le'ts say a 3950X and 2080Ti on water?
Mainly talking CPU block, radiator, pump and GPU block.
Has anyone tried the Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 by now?

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Any consensus on what would be the "best" watercooled configuration for a maxed out system?
The 3950X isn’t that toasty. You should be talking about the new heat overlord 10900K. I will be rocking that and a 2080 Super, will post thermal result as soon as I can get the last pieces to arrive

Reactions: bynio

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
What does your loop look like? What parts did you opt for?
Since my T1 hasn’t arrived yet, I will be putting this in my Ghost S1.
Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo for CPU block
EK Coolstream SE 240 for radiator pair with two Arctic P12 PWM fans
EK Vector RE RTX Nikel Plexi for GPU block
As you can see, extremely similar to Optimum Tech’s old Ghost S1 full custom loop

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Yeh, I do like the idea of the distroplate however it might not be for everyone, in kinda on the bench of if I should get it or not as it might take away from the minimalist look, I'd also have no intention of using coloured coolant so wouldn't look quite as good, for this reason it would be nice to see an internal pump developed that's tailor fit to the t1.

Q4

As of right now even with the 5700xt there is no saturation of pcie gen 3. It's like your gpu is water and the lanes are one big pipe. The pipe is half full.

It was discussed a dozen pages back with supporting documentation and additional information with testing and all.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Talk to @fabio he has the best watercooling setup. He has a build guide in the builds section of the forums.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Thanks, yeah I'm aware of that build write up and I did talk to fabio.
Just wanted to check in if there are some new insights, as fabio hasn't and can't test all the hardware that's out there :)
As there are quite a few new builds by now, I thought maybe someone may have taken a different path and might want to chime in :D

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Thanks, yeah I'm aware of that build write up and I did talk to fabio.
Just wanted to check in if there are some new insights, as fabio hasn't and can't test all the hardware that's out there :)
As there are quite a few new builds by now, I thought maybe someone may have taken a different path and might want to chime in :D

He's had the case since April, my money is on his build any day of the week