Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

denereal visease

Efficiency Noob
Feb 15, 2020
2020-06-15 Color Update 2!

Left to right, Black, Gunmetal Gray, Silve (NOT White).

I didn't order Cerakote White paint, instead a recommended coating process that I don't know the translation to, more durable supposedly (we will see).

Been lurking since February, 100% would preorder the Gunmetal Grey
Preorder submitted, stoked for my first SFF build!

just need to figure out a cooling solution in the next few months

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
just realised the shipping dates are a pretty happy coincidence, although the waiting for the T1 sucks, it does mean that around the time well be getting cases, we should have been able to take advantage of some black Friday and cyber Monday deals on new hardware, i definitely know ill be looking for some water cooling parts and a new m.2 ssd in the deals.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020

Thinking about making a custom 3D-printed DDC pump top/reservoir combo recently... ? The idea seems quite plausible with SLA printing.
Should be roughly the same size as the Alphacool ES 1U DDC, but a bit thinner and maybe slightly longer. Right now it's pretty much an ES 1U rip-off but there's definitely room to make it work better with the T1, the reservoir part could probably be extended a bit and have a straight-line connection to the GPU block.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020

Thinking about making a custom 3D-printed DDC pump top/reservoir combo recently... ? The idea seems quite plausible with SLA printing.
Should be roughly the same size as the Alphacool ES 1U DDC, but a bit thinner and maybe slightly longer. Right now it's pretty much an ES 1U rip-off but there's definitely room to make it work better with the T1, the reservoir part could probably be extended a bit and have a straight-line connection to the GPU block.
If your successful and have no intentions of profiting off your design it would be great to see a collaberation with @Wahaha360 and see if you can make a product available to sell... we dont all have access to fancy 3D printers.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Everything came within 3 days via FedEx.

The o ring which comes with the magic cube, do I use it instead of the one which comes with the pump? Also should I get the ek heatsink for the pump?

And now for the real test. Does it blend... I mean hold pressure

UPDATE: It holds pressure! Not only that, the guys at ppcs tested the pump after they sleeved my cables so I know everything works. I finally have 1000% confidence in the most critical part of my loop which is nice.
Nice, is that the 1T Plus PWM? What is the heatsink there? Or which one are you going to use?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Yeah! And this guy also made a pump top with SLA! I had a crazy design in mind but I don't have an SLA... ? water tight designs are hard with FDM. Anyway... He actually offered to print my design so we'll see how that turns out!

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Those temps seem really high for just running cinebench on a 240 AIO. Maybe reseat the cooler because if it shoots up to those temps instantly then maybe the cold plate isn't making good contact with the CPU.
The thing is, it is pretty hot where I live, around 30-31C ambient temp and I don’t turn on the AC if I’m not feeling uncomfortable. Also, the cold plate is making good contact I believe, seeing as idle temp is only 42C. I’m under the impression that NZXT’s radiator is trash and not to be taking seriously at this point, who knows ?

flower

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2020
2020-08-14: Big Batch Preorder Open now!

Sorry we didn't open preorder on time today (9AM PST).

However, we are opening up preorder for the big batch, shipping October to November. Hopefully it's plenty for people that want one :)

Got the original black one for late October, thanks a lot man, stay safe!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The thing is, it is pretty hot where I live, around 30-31C ambient temp and I don’t turn on the AC if I’m not feeling uncomfortable. Also, the cold plate is making good contact I believe, seeing as idle temp is only 42C. I’m under the impression that NZXT’s radiator is trash and not to be taking seriously at this point, who knows ?
My room is usually 27-28c, so I don't think an increase of 2c would make that much of a difference. It really seems like something is wrong with your cooler. Idle temps seem normal, but those load temps really don't. I would give your cooling solution a complete once over to see if anything is wrong. Check the pump to see if it is working (just put your ear to the pump and see if you can hear anything), check your fans, check the radiator (hold your hand over the radiator's exhaust and see if hot air is coming from it) and check the mount if you have extra thermal paste.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Is there any chance we could see some official renders for what the new colors would ship like?
I'm interested to see if any of them would ship with a silver side panel as opposed to a black one (like the silver or e-white version) and I would also like to see what the e-white color would look like. I and many others just want to know before we buy so we can make the correct choice.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Nice, is that the 1T Plus PWM? What is the heatsink there? Or which one are you going to use?

Going to use the ek heatsink but don't listen to me, @fabio @DrHudacris @PBJ @Navic are the ones who got the case early and have the experience and more importantly have the case. My case was returned by DHL because they can't ship to Canada or something like that.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
If your successful and have no intentions of profiting off your design it would be great to see a collaberation with @Wahaha360 and see if you can make a product available to sell... we dont all have access to fancy 3D printers.
Wahaha is still working on the distro plate I believe, which serves pretty much the same purpose but is imo a more elegant and integrated design. This still has the same issues with clearance like the Alphcool ES 1U only with the benefit of not leaking(hopefully haha), potentially better inlet/outlet placement, and arguably a cleaner design(ES 1U is too industrial for the T1 for my taste). I'll share any prototypes that do work and let's see how things go from there.

Yeah! And this guy also made a pump top with SLA! I had a crazy design in mind but I don't have an SLA... ? watertight designs are hard with FDM. Anyway... He actually offered to print my design so we'll see how that turns out!
That is one crazy looking pump top. I don't have an SLA machine either but my college does provide SLA printing and consultation on the process at a reasonable price so I'll probably prototype that way. I did manage to make a few simple watertight cups with my Ender 3 but it is, like you said, definitely not reliable for use in a watercooling loop. Excited to see your crazy design materialized as well!

Reactions: DrHudacris

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
My room is usually 27-28c, so I don't think an increase of 2c would make that much of a difference. It really seems like something is wrong with your cooler. Idle temps seem normal, but those load temps really don't. I would give your cooling solution a complete once over to see if anything is wrong. Check the pump to see if it is working (just put your ear to the pump and see if you can hear anything), check your fans, check the radiator (hold your hand over the radiator's exhaust and see if hot air is coming from it) and check the mount if you have extra thermal paste.
Pump is working (noisy as hell), rad and fans are also working. I applied the paste like a snowflake shape so I think I’m good there. Anyway, I have swapped the AIO for the EK Coolstream SE 240 and an Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo. Waiting for the 2 slots bracket for my 2080Ti to arrive so I can put in my Ghost S1 to do a test run before I swap to my T1 which is supposed to arrive in later this month

Revolution

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
did someone else got hes order return to shipper? Just got my tracking # today and know i check and says return to shipper

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
did someone else got hes order return to shipper? Just got my tracking # today and know i check and says return to shipper

There's a thread on reddit withultiple people reporting that their case was returned to shipper. Even @gwertheim ...must be something more widespread going on... Maybe with DHL?