Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Lllyu

Efficiency Noob
Jun 29, 2020
You probably live in the states where you are the petry dish of the world. I live in Canada where I have to put up with dumbass Americans who come into my country and do not respect the laws and travel around like everything is normal and potentially getting people sick. Meanwhile I can't even get an Ncase shipped to my country or even 20 screws because we have limited the flights from around the world to do our best to keep our population from getting sick.

How old are you? What do you know about worldwide logistics? How much air freight capacity has been cut? How much of the world's goods move by plane?

I have a better idea than you because I have been reading about this since I got my first sff case in 2017 when I was one of the community managers with the ghost s1 team.

I have been tracking the trends of this shit show since Feb. It is harder and more expensive to move anything from Asia to North America right now because passenger flights do not exist to move fright. Not to mention that because of social distancing customs and package logistics is backed up to the point where I have been waiting 3 weeks to get a DC-LT 40 from Springfield, MO to Toronto, ON.

Please do not come in here and tell me that I am wrong without backing up your statement.

Hi, hope you will not ask about my age here..haha. But in fact, all the major logistic companies have their own cargo flight, so you know ...?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hi, hope you will not ask about my age here..haha. But in fact, all the major logistic companies have their own cargo flight, so you know ...?

Still passenger flights do carry freight and that's down 70% from this time last year. Below is a snapshot of what's going on right now and while passenger flights might not carry much in the grand scheme of things, it's still a dent in the logistics network.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Alright so I've done it! It must have take a total 10+ hours but I've completed my first ever custom loop. Thanks the those that helped me a few pages back. I ended up changing plans a little as there wasn't as much height above the GPU but it's a good end result nonetheless. I offset the PSU to fit the extra power cabling and the Aquacomputer Quadro behind it. some images below.

I do have one issue however. I've set the pump to 100% and rad fans to 30-100% based on coolant temp, 30-50C, so I think I've set that up correctly but I'm not getting the best temps on either CPU or GPU. Granted it is 30C in the flat at the moment but with identical GPU setup to Optimumtech (including the undervolt) I'm getting 30 degree higher temps than he is and I know it's not the mounting as I actually removed the block after the initial install to check the paste was properly installed.

Could it simply be remaining air in the loop? I'll try again tomorrow to see if I can remove any more but if anyone else has any tips, please let me know.

Last edited:

Lllyu

Efficiency Noob
Jun 29, 2020
Still passenger flights do carry freight and that's down 70% from this time last year. Below is a snapshot of what's going on right now and while passenger flights might not carry much in the grand scheme of things, it's still a dent in the logistics network.

This really depends on the capacity of the logistic companies. I have checked with the forwarder I used for T1 shipment, they would only use passenger flight when the load is beyond their capacity, otherwise would be handled by their own cargo flight. I assume for now the lacking of manpower and custom inspection are the main cause for shipment delay. You can also check with your local guys and share with me, interesting to know. I’m still very young btw , haha.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Haha.. RGB or not doesn't matter. But As you seen, with T1 Mesh panel.. RGB looks great.
I will admit RGB... is a little more tastefull on the t1.
Just cant stand the bloody rainbow puke cases, you know the ones, tempered glass on all sides to show off the the rgb fans... that are completely useless cos the dont get any airflow when THEIRS A BLOODY PANE OF GLASS IN FRONT IF THEM.
Dont want to hate on rgb too much but dont see the point of people spending hundreds of pounds on rgb fans, controllers,ect and then have mid tier components.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Just cant stand the bloody rainbow puke cases, you know the ones, tempered glass on all sides to show off the the rgb fans... that are completely useless cos the dont get any airflow when THEIRS A BLOODY PANE OF GLASS IN FRONT IF THEM.
Dont want to hate on rgb too much but dont see the point of people spending hundreds of pounds on rgb fans, controllers,ect and then have mid tier components.
I'm not sure, I see it a bit like the qled tv's that obviously are being marketed as competition for the Oled's.
They are not as good, and Samsung doesn't have the best color reproduction out there.
But they are very bright, look great and have lots of nice features that sell.
Same thing with RGB. it sells and looks like you're a pro gamer.
I kind of like that it makes it easier to spot the kind of crowd i'm dealing with.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
The problem is they leave it on rainbow puke mode. If it's set to a red only effect, it'd run faster. And blue effect will be beneficial for thermals. #themoreyouknow

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
The problem is they leave it on rainbow puke mode. If it's set to a red only effect, it'd run faster. And blue effect will be beneficial for thermals. #themoreyouknow
Good point, i didnt consider all the benefits of RGB, the increased FPS, the cooling and quieter operation, correct me if i am wrong but i believe yellow increases your adrenaline, thus improving your aim... and obviously rainbow puke is the best option as it gives you all the benefits, but many see this as cheating because of how overpowered it is

• Wow

flower

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2020
You probably live in the states where you are the petry dish of the world. I live in Canada where I have to put up with dumbass Americans who come into my country and do not respect the laws and travel around like everything is normal and potentially getting people sick. Meanwhile I can't even get an Ncase shipped to my country or even 20 screws because we have limited the flights from around the world to do our best to keep our population from getting sick.

How old are you? What do you know about worldwide logistics? How much air freight capacity has been cut? How much of the world's goods move by plane?

I have a better idea than you because I have been reading about this since I got my first sff case in 2017 when I was one of the community managers with the ghost s1 team.

I have been tracking the trends of this shit show since Feb. It is harder and more expensive to move anything from Asia to North America right now because passenger flights do not exist to move fright. Not to mention that because of social distancing customs and package logistics is backed up to the point where I have been waiting 3 weeks to get a DC-LT 40 from Springfield, MO to Toronto, ON.

Please do not come in here and tell me that I am wrong without backing up your statement.
Oof, well said. I for one can say I'm grateful we're even able to do online shopping at all, let alone for non-essential stuff like this, and although I'm kinda bummed I haven't got the chance to get the case yet, I know for sure you are doing everything you can, specially considering you're a really small team having to provide info/updates constantly for petty people hiding behind blissful internet anonymity.

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
My current set up is i9 10900K + 2080Ti CPU is cooled with H100i, I under volt the CPU and max. temp in Blender is 83C (4.9GHz all core, no power limitation, Radiator is at the top) If I run CPU at stock the temp, it will reach 91C in no time and throttle eventually.
The GPU (Zotac 2080ti Triple fans) temp is maxed out at 71C, a little higher than it was in my SM560 case. I've tried to UV the GPU to 850-875mV but it will crash in some game and blue screen from time to time. So, UV the GPU is not an option for this card.

Load combination in game, CPU = 60-65C and GPU = 71 C. Putting radiator in the bottom will improve CPU temp during game (Drop to 55-60 C) but has no effect on GPU temp.

Has anyone tried this similar set up with a 240 rad in a custom loop? Will I get better temp than my current set up? I doubt CPU and GPU heat load will soak up the small radiator. (CPU 100 W GPU 260W in game)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
My current set up is i9 10900K + 2080Ti CPU is cooled with H100i, I under volt the CPU and max. temp in Blender is 83C (4.9GHz all core, no power limitation, Radiator is at the top) If I run CPU at stock the temp, it will reach 91C in no time and throttle eventually.
The GPU (Zotac 2080ti Triple fans) temp is maxed out at 71C, a little higher than it was in my SM560 case. I've tried to UV the GPU to 850-875mV but it will crash in some game and blue screen from time to time. So, UV the GPU is not an option for this card.

Load combination in game, CPU = 60-65C and GPU = 71 C. Putting radiator in the bottom will improve CPU temp during game (Drop to 55-60 C) but has no effect on GPU temp.

Has anyone tried this similar set up with a 240 rad in a custom loop? Will I get better temp than my current set up? I doubt CPU and GPU heat load will soak up the small radiator. (CPU 100 W GPU 260W in game)

That is a very sexy GPU!

Custom loop will definitely help. 360 watts isn't too bad for a 240 radiator.

But I've got a question about your undervolt. If the voltage set that low crashes it in sometimes, why not turn the voltage up to 900-950mV? I've never owned a 2080 ti, so what is it's stock voltage? Any reduction will help as long as it's stable.

The_Candyman

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2020
Between the Aorus and Asus X570 boards is one of them better to use in this case over the other? Like better connector positioning, CPU socket height etc.
I'm leaning towards the Aorus because I can live with 6 USBs and it's cheaper, but I'd pay extra if the Asus board is considerably easier to build with in the T1.
Sorry if this question has already been answered, I've read most of the thread but didn't find this specific question anywhere

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Wahaha360 do the 4x3mm side panel magnets need an adhesive?
yes, I put some glue on mine

Between the Aorus and Asus X570 boards is one of them better to use in this case over the other? Like better connector positioning, CPU socket height etc.
I'm leaning towards the Aorus because I can live with 6 USBs and it's cheaper, but I'd pay extra if the Asus board is considerably easier to build with in the T1.
Sorry if this question has already been answered, I've read most of the thread but didn't find this specific question anywhere
Ease of build is about the same, I've used both boards and sticking with the Strix, whereas @fabio had both in the T1 each for a period of time and now sticks with the Aorus. It's more or less which one has the features that you want more

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
That is a very sexy GPU!

Custom loop will definitely help. 360 watts isn't too bad for a 240 radiator.

But I've got a question about your undervolt. If the voltage set that low crashes it in sometimes, why not turn the voltage up to 900-950mV? I've never owned a 2080 ti, so what is it's stock voltage? Any reduction will help as long as it's stable.
That undervolt is way too low for a 2080ti IMO. My 2080 Super has an undervolt of 919 mV and I found this to be stable in everything I do, and I can't go any lower. Of course, undervolts are like overclocks, in the way that each card is different, but most of the 20 series undervolts I've seen are usually above 900 mV

Reactions: TSOF and DrHudacris