Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
that's true but how about amd products ?
"PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt", it states that it can do PCIe 4.0
I want to squeeze whatever possible out of it. :)

Do you have independent testing to back up that claim. Companies can say anything in the marketing material, doesn't mean it's true. SHOW ME PROOF!

There's one review of RX 5500 XT 4/8GB that shows that the lower card has slightly improved performance from working through the PCIE 4.0. Most likely PCIE 4.0 will be needed only for the next generation of cards.

Convince us, show us more data, not just from one source.

With the current gen of GPU's it's a gimmick and you can't see any benefits when your playing games. It may max out pcie gen 2 at most. It's like having a huge straw and a tiny bit of water.

I respond to statements backed up by proof.

If you tell me the sky is blue I want to see your evidence and the testing to back it up.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
There's one review of RX 5500 XT 4/8GB that shows that the lower card has slightly improved performance from working through the PCIE 4.0. Most likely PCIE 4.0 will be needed only for the next generation of cards.
Guys, at the moment there is NO ADVANTAGES with PCIe 4.0 and GPUs. Here one of the hundreds test done recently.

95% of the GPUs can't even use the Full X16 Lanes of the PCIe 3.0. Maybe something will change with the New Nvidia 3000 Series? We'll see.

The PCIe 4.0, give you only noticeable performance (not needed) with NVME SSD, or way more important, the bandwidth connection between CPU and Chipset.

Next year the PCIe 4.0 will be the standard, though, but no reason to rush now and paying the double a riser not needed.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
Guys, at the moment there is NO ADVANTAGES with PCIe 4.0 and GPUs. Here one of the hundreds test done recently.

95% of the GPUs can't even use the Full X16 Lanes of the PCIe 3.0. Maybe something will change with the New Nvidia 3000 Series? We'll see.

The PCIe 4.0, give you only noticeable performance (not needed) with NVME SSD, or way more important, the bandwidth connection between CPU and Chipset.

Next year the PCIe 4.0 will be the standard, though, but no reason to rush now and paying the double a riser not needed.
RX 5500 XT is a bit of an edge case because it's limited to 8 PCIe lanes be it 3.0 or 4.0, so essentially we're looking at the difference between PCIe 3.0 x8 vs x16. This isn't a problem for the majority of other graphics cards that utilize 16 lanes. The performance hit is more noticeable on the 4GB VRAM model where the GPU probably has to swap data between VRAM and system memory more often and thus more bandwidth dependent.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

But 4 is bigger than 3 and I want it nooooow! /s

Seriously though, the "slight improvement" is exactly that, slight. Even most consumer PCIe4 NVMe SSDs only utilize the bandwidth for about 5 seconds before they reach the limit of their cache and throttle back down to where PCIe3 is more than sufficient.

Unless you're in a situation where you are going to Bifurcate a PCIe4 x16 down to two x8s, PCIe3 will more than likely be fine even next gen unless you pick up a 3090/Ti/Titan.

RedJlve

Efficiency Noob
Feb 28, 2020
Finally, after a full month of trying, I have successfully ordered a black T1. Now cross fingering for it to come here

Judging by the latest pages, the arrival of the cases seems to be as elusive as being able to buy them ?

@Benihana Were you a test shipping candidate in Finland? Curious about the customs fees because as most things, my country isn't eligible for shipping and have to order it there (some day eventually). Did you need to fill the customs fee claims online as I've had before for some foreign orders outside of EU?

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Judging by the latest pages, the arrival of the cases seems to be as elusive as being able to buy them ?
I live in Vietnam and the case had arrived for at least 3 people I know of, 1 Black and 2 Two-Tone, so I know it will be delivered here

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I got my case delivered today. (order from 3rd friday batch) (Germany)
It was send via EMS / GDSK.
I cleared it from customs myself, so I didn't have to pay any fee to GDSK.
I haven't recieved any bill yet, so I don't know taxes.

Edit: I had to pay around 33€ to customs.

Last edited:

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Same here! A nice surprise seeing apple pay not fail. I got all my hardware ready and I decided to go with a fully typical air cooled 3950x ?
After finishing my full custom loop Ghost S1 with 10900K and 2080 Super, I will save the T1 for next gen AMD CPU/GPU combo then. It’s about time too

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
For people curious about PCIe 4, I think AMD is planning something akin to how the PS5/Xbox will have direct access to the SSDs so we'll see it activated partially on x570 and more completely on x670 with their next gen GPUs. It's not confimed obviously but coreteks has a good video about it. Basically, a PCIe 4 riser won't be helpful now, but we'll see what happens with the next gen AMD cards. It's unclear is NVidia will even use it though.

Reactions: DrHudacris

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
You guys are absolutely disgusting. Do you know what kind of bad influences you, collectively, are? Now I've liquidated my LT240 and acquired a TX240, CPU waterblock, Eisstation 40 DC-LT + 2600 pump, a leak tester, and am going to custom loop the hell out of my case once it's back from the Cerakote shop. SIGH.

(<3)

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I would like to start slowly amassing computer parts before the white case comes available. Mostly the lt240 and the PSU as i'm getting the new GPUs and CPUs later this year.

It is sounding like at least the nvidia GPUs will be using a 12pin connector which is not in use now. Does this mean I will need to wait to buy my PSU as well until they come with 12pins?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
You guys are absolutely disgusting. Do you know what kind of bad influences you, collectively, are? Now I've liquidated my LT240 and acquired a TX240, CPU waterblock, Eisstation 40 DC-LT + 2600 pump, a leak tester, and am going to custom loop the hell out of my case once it's back from the Cerakote shop. SIGH.

(<3)

man i'm thinking about doing the same but i've never custom looped and i only plan on watercooling the CPU anyways so the ease of the lt240 is calling to me.

Reactions: pwnedundies

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

(<3)

I blame @fabio