Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Khanele

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2020
10 Minutes and I am already tired! Trying on my backup GTS! I think I can match the rings on my Torque fittings with the golden stripes! ?

Are you sanding it yourself? If so what are you using?just sand paper? I dont know much about diy and stuff

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Navic got the same issue that you had with the slim fan directly underneath the motherboard. If I put spacer in I can't fully closed the top lid. So I just gave up and put the fans in between the rad and the top lid instead since I'm gonna do custom loop next week anyway ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Well, I've just checked my GTS in the T1 and it is 132.9mm! The one I am working on, NOW it is 134... I NEED AN ELECTRIC SANDING MACHINE!

orbital plam sander with fine grit paper will do it, anything above 400 grit will take off the paint and prevent damage to the metal as long as you are careful and keep it moving. Set it to almost the lowest speed, be patient and you will be rewarded with a clean finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khanele

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
At the end of the day, there is no point in getting an electric sander for 1 thing, get different grits of sandpaper and work your way from rough to fine grit.

Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
At the end of the day, there is no point in getting an electric sander for 1 thing, get different grits of sandpaper and work your way from rough to fine grit.
Thanks!!
Btw, I have to file the brass, not just the paint. Is it working in any case?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Navic got the same issue that you had with the slim fan directly underneath the motherboard. If I put spacer in I can't fully closed the top lid. So I just gave up and put the fans in between the rad and the top lid instead since I'm gonna do custom loop next week anyway ?
The tolerances are just TOO TOIGHT! But yeah having the fans between the rad and top panel fixes the problems, I was just stubborn. I did have to use a lot of force to close it with the spacers though, like I had to have my elbow on the top panel and lean onto the case to be able to screw it in. Again, I was stubborn and I was going to make it work because I had spent too much time trying to make it work

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
anyone know what the maximum RAM height in 3 slot mode?
50mm same as the CPU cooler height. But if you are using an AIO or a custom loop, it is a good idea to go with lower profile RAM like corsair LPX so you can give enough room for cables and tubes to go over the RAM if it needs to. And if you're doing an air cooled build, then account for the air cooler's ram height clearance

Last edited:

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
thanks! I have low progfile vengeance ram cl14, but im having a heck of time getting the machine to stay stable. so looking at alternative solutions.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
50mm same as the CPU cooler height. But if you are using an AIO or a custom loop, it is a good idea to go with lower profile RAM like corsair LPX so you can give enough room for cables and tubes to go over the RAM if it needs to. And if you're doing an air cooled build, then account for the air cooler's ram height clearance

For sure tubing will be easier with shorter RAM, but want to correct this and say RAM height is ok up to 55mm. The top of IHS is 8mm off motherboard PCB whereas the bottom of RAM socket is 3mm off PCB, giving 5mm additional space for RAM. Handy diagram

Reactions: aexeq