Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yes, remove the bracket, and I'm thinking there's a bit of play on the motherboard mounting so maybe nudge it a little for an extra 1mm clearance? ?
Ahahahahah, if you have played as much I did with this case you will know that the mm cannot be obtained! The TX is 125mm wide, so in any case, it stays ON the side struts.
One thing though, I never tried to REMOVE the side struts and having the radiator floating! With your version, the V1.1 is it possible to screw everything to the top panel! Lucky you!

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Ahh I gotcha! Yes there is a small line, I could design it out, but from a functional standpoint, it's alright.

Absolutely no idea how this would look, but if you were too go with a two tone variant eg black and silver and make the 3d printed top pannel silver, the although the line would be more apparent... it would potentially look like a design feature were the 2 tone silver colour wraps around the case.

Additionally if you were to put a t1 logo on the black front pannel (and traumatise the minimalist people) then that would also make the additional top line less noticeable.

@fabio

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
at least 2x A12x15 + 1x A12x25 is a certainty haha in your build do you use the long bracket to mount the fan+rad or just the short one? I only realised yesterday the long bracket reduces clearance by 2-3mm. Oh things you would only know when you have the case in hand ?

I can confirm, I am using the long bracket. I did this because with he slim fans and TX, I don't need all the space under the motherboard, and I did need the extra space for the rider cable (because of the bifurcation riser). Plus, if using short bracket and flipped PSU, there is 0 clearance for the third fan of it's full size. Many things to consider!

Would you be willing to share the STL for that?

I can, but I want to check with @Wahaha360 first if that's ok.

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
How many ways do you want @gwertheim to say "there is no control" for you to be satisfied regarding clarity?

Maybe the official stance on tracking and shipping should be "it gets there when it gets there".

Pretty sure @gwertheim was very clear.

You guys are missing my point.

My issue is : Wahaha360 said we'd only get our tracking info when the package gets on a plane. What does this mean? It means that if I receive my tracking number I should expect my package to be on a plane, right?

Turns out that is not the case, you can get your tracking number even if your package is sitting in a warehouse waiting for a plane. That is fine, I've said it 100000 times, that is fine, Wahaha and gwertheim have enough on their plate that's a mistake I can obviously accept even if it makes my specific situation complicated.

But now what should be done in that case? Piling on the guy who points this inacurracy out or, acknowledge that this was indeed not a good statement to make and maybe warn people that tracking number != package on a plane to avoid frustration.

"It's out of their control" doesn't address my point at all I am NOT complainign about delays.

I wasn't even really criticizing anyone here, I pointed out a mistake, and suggested clarification be brought to everyone.

EDIT: changed a few needlessly aggressive sentences apologies if you saw them. I got a bit frustrated with being misunderstood and portrayed as some impatient twat incapable of understanding the difficulties of the current situation by some.

Last edited:
Reactions: loophole

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020

My issue is : Wahaha360 said we'd only get our tracking info when the package gets on a plane. What does this mean? It means that if I receive my tracking number I should expect my package to be on a plane, right?

Turns out that is not the case, you can get your tracking number even if your package is sitting in a warehouse waiting for a plane. That is fine, I've said it 100000 times, that is fine, Wahaha and gwertheim have enough on their plate that's a mistake I can obviously accept even if it makes my specific situation complicated.

But now what should be done in that case? Piling on the guy who points this inacurracy out or, acknowledge that this was indeed not a good statement to make and maybe warn people that tracking number != package on a plane to avoid frustration.

"It's out of their control" doesn't address my point at all I am NOT complainign about delays.

I wasn't even really criticizing anyone here, I pointed out a mistake, and suggested clarification be brought to everyone.

EDIT: changed a few needlessly aggressive sentences, I got a bit frustrated and apologies for that.

Maybe you were setting yourself up for disappointment by expecting delivery of the T1 before your travel. As @gwertheim has said, he has had a package stuck in Chicago for 10 days. How do you know that even once your T1 is on a plane you won’t encounter problems in another country? Sure, maybe @Wahaha360 wasn’t as clear as he could be, but being on a plane doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive the package in x number of days.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I'm in a real dilemma right now.
All my orders, that consists of a DC-LT 2600 or items that include the DC-LT 2600 got delayed big time!
Does someone know a place, where I can still get one (EU)?
Would someone, that owns one, sell it?
How bad is the DC-LT 3600? Is it a temporary option?
Would going for a DDC route still make sense after already optaining a DC-LT 40 res?
If yes, what would be my best options, that don't require any modding on parts?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Maybe you were setting yourself up for disappointment by expecting delivery of the T1 before your travel. As @gwertheim has said, he has had a package stuck in Chicago for 10 days. How do you know that even once your T1 is on a plane you won’t encounter problems in another country? Sure, maybe @Wahaha360 wasn’t as clear as he could be, but being on a plane doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive the package in x number of days.

he will be traveling for a while and he have bad experience didn't received package while traveling.
--
I think, let @Wahaha360 handle this..

EDIT: changed a few needlessly aggressive sentences apologies if you saw them. I got a bit frustrated with being misunderstood and portrayed as some impatient twat incapable of understanding the difficulties of the current situation by some.
What courier do you use for T1?

This is my experience using DHL and UPS. I bought some stuff in Japan
When i process my package need 5-7 days to get tracking number, but when i already got the tracking number package still didn't leave my agent warehouse. Need more 2 or 3 days to leave my agent warehouse.

So probably same problem with you...
--
Really sorry to hear your problem.. hope you can handle it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
@gwertheim did Canada Post send my package to your house by accident? Been sitting at the Scarborough facility since Sunday. Was supposed to come yesterday and now the delivery date just says date pending ZZZ.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
he will be traveling for a while and he have bad experience didn't received package while traveling.
--
I think, let @Wahaha360 handle this..

What courier do you use for T1?

This is my experience using DHL and UPS. I bought some stuff in Japan
When i process my package need 5-7 days to get tracking number, but when i already got the tracking number package still didn't leave my agent warehouse. Need more 2 or 3 days to leave my agent warehouse.

So probably same problem with you...
--
Really sorry to hear your problem.. hope you can handle it.

Let @Wahaha360 deal with this please.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
I'm in a real dilemma right now.
All my orders, that consists of a DC-LT 2600 or items that include the DC-LT 2600 got delayed big time!
Does someone know a place, where I can still get one (EU)?
Would someone, that owns one, sell it?
How bad is the DC-LT 3600? Is it a temporary option?
Would going for a DDC route still make sense after already optaining a DC-LT 40 res?
If yes, what would be my best options, that don't require any modding on parts?
From what i gather alphacool "might" be releasing a new dc-lt pump and a new lt 240 aio so you might want to wait for the new one to be released.

This is purely speculation, however Alphacool have recently released both a new eisbaer aurora aio and an eiswolf gpu aio... both of these have updated tubing (its been changed to tpv so shouldn't leak plasticer). Theses new aios also claim to have a new dc-lt pump (the DC-LT 2) which is supposedly quieter but 10% more powerful . Since alphacool is clearly updating their product line with the new pump and tubing one can only assume that they will release a new version of the lt240 as well as a new standalone pump. Additionally from most websites ive looked and alphacools website the dc-lt pump as well as the lt240 aio are all out of stock and will be in stock around October, this could just be a coincidence or it could be because their releasing the update pump and slim aio then and their phasing out the old products.

Dont know how helpful this is too you but is something to think about

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
@Nero
Yeah, i'm also waiting for my package and am pretty sure it's not on a plane.
It sucks but it wasn't a big surprise to me so quit whining about it already.
I don't think it comes as a surprise to anybody but you honestly.
The other day I received a package from Aliexpress that I thought was lost because it took 4! months.
Was this poorly communicated? Sure, and we would get e-mail notification when a new batch was available.
That didn't happen either and much later it became apparent that we will get an e-mail once a bigger batch is available.
So yes, things go wrong, but just shut up about it already because it doesn't bring anything to the table.
In the end it's just a case, and we will have it before the year is out i'm sure.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

@Nero
Yeah, i'm also waiting for my package and am pretty sure it's not on a plane.
It sucks but it wasn't a big surprise to me....

I wanted to respond sooner, hopefully not too late.

I don't know which country you currently reside in, but I assume it has to do with EMS. Effectively, until the package *clears destination country Customs, the tracking will not update. This is the same for NCASE shipments, so the lack of update doesn't mean it's sitting in a warehouse. You should have received the following email with your tracking.

I'm not implying this is good thing, but unfortunately international EMS tracking info work this stupid way.

Anyways, to get the bottom, just email support@formdworks.com. I will dig a little deeper in 12 hours when it's day time in Asia.

Last edited:

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
yeah, that's why I asked which bracket he was using. Ideally I'd like the fans to match like you said but my preference goes like this - 3 full >> 1 full + 2 slim >> 3 slim. for the scruffs/scratches, there's already plenty on the rad and inner parts of the case. The tolerance is crazy tight ?

BTW 3x A12x25 seems to back on the table thanks to @MrBuddha , from his picture the TX240 doesn't have to be pushed right up against the front lid and sits flat on the mounting rail ???

That was already possible! The TX can be pushed inside the front structure, you just need to press a bit ?
But Forget the 3 A12x25??? Maybe, MAYBE, only if you remove the bracket actually...
Shit, I want to try it now! But in that case, the 3rd A12 is useless! ?
Yes, remove the bracket, and I'm thinking there's a bit of play on the motherboard mounting so maybe nudge it a little for an extra 1mm clearance? ?

@thelaughingman Sorry didn't see you had mentioned my build. The tx240 is pushed up just about to the front of the case but I left some room in case I needed to do some additional cable routing in the future, about 2mm of clearance. I tested with and without the A12x25 before I went through all the trouble of trying to cram it in. Turns out that with two 12x15's I was running about 79c on GPU Junction temp, and with two 12x15s and a A12x25 I was running no more than 73c both tests done with a heaven benchmark for 30 minutes air temp and humility controlled to 22c and 40% Relative humidity. I don't have to use any kind of force or even pressure to close it up (although I'm now waiting for Barrow Terminal fittings for the GPU as someone confirmed they do fit the Bykski blocks) More pictures to come when I clean up my work area/wiring, also waiting for a fan header to clean up all the fan cables.

@Fabio you crazy bastard, I think if you were to run PSU flipped and mounted the rad to the underside of the bracket you'd be able to run 3 A12x25. As it currently sits i've got roughly 8-10mm between the A12x25 and the PSU So i'm thinking if you dont mind about a 3-5mm Bow in the top you could definitely Get 3 A12x25's in there. HOWEVER. At that point it's just to say you did it, which lets be honest you are the king of "I've already tried it"