Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

RIP_KOBE_BRYANT

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2020
Honestly id suggest just binge watching optiumtech videos for a few days, although the custom loop water cooling may not apply to you he has a video on the t1 with standard air cooling and that should give you a decent idea of what you need also if you watch some videos of other cases eg the ncase or the loque ghost theyll also give you a good idea on what to expect from sff, additionally he is probably one of the best youtubers when it comes to small factor builds

When it comes to specking out the computer (ie choosing amount/speed of ram, what cpu and gpu to buy,what motherboard ect) id say optium tech, jayztwocents and any "2020 build guides" that have a given budget and try to stick to that. @gwertheim suggested linus tech tips which is a good option however i think a lot of their videos right now are more focused on enthusiast/overkill/stupid systems and their arent many current build guides that suggest the best components too buy in 2020

My bad maybe I miscommunicated. I already have all the parts bought for the PC. I just need help building it in terms of like putting it together with the parts haha.

Is there any videos that cover that? I saw the Flickr guide but its only the case build. I want to see a video/photo guide of people putting the parts in the case, not just the case itself.

Reactions: ciaran clare

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
My bad maybe I miscommunicated. I already have all the parts bought for the PC. I just need help building it in terms of like putting it together with the parts haha.

Is there any videos that cover that? I saw the Flickr guide but its only the case build. I want to see a video/photo guide of people putting the parts in the case, not just the case itself.

what kind of help do you specifically need? It also depends if you’re going aircooling or using watercooling. You can PM for help if you’d like.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
How many ways do you want @gwertheim to say "there is no control" for you to be satisfied regarding clarity?

I think @Nero 's point is as there is no control then perhaps statements like

until it actually gets on the plane, we will not send tracking number.

shouldn't be made to set expectations.

To be clear, I don't hold the above opinion, just trying to clarify. I think @Nero is being unfairly accused of complaining about slow shipping when that isn't the case.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

To be clear, I don't hold the above opinion, just trying to clarify. I think @Nero is being unfairly accused of complaining about slow shipping when that isn't the case.

I am not accusing anyone of anything, I explained it to the best of my ability and like I said, maybe a flight got cancelled or a package with a higher priority took the spot of his case. I don’t know, I doubt @Wahaha360 would know either.

Reactions: DrHudacris and PBJ

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

I suppose I interpreted @Wahaha360's statement as "released to an airline, you won't get tracking". This is exactly what happened to my case, it hung out presumably at an airlines warehouse or hangar for nearly 2 weeks.

Regardless, @Wahaha360 made the original statement about tracking, and @gwertheim provided what I thought was adequate clarity. Perhaps @Nero just wants to hear it from @Wahaha360

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Ahahahah, well, yes and no! I was curious to see the look on the front, using your new TOP PANEL. Having it 3mm higher, means that you will see another line on the front of the case.

BUT, amazing job man!

Ahh I gotcha! Yes there is a small line, I could design it out, but from a functional standpoint, it's alright.

Reactions: aexeq

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Started putting components last night and early this morning before I go to work. Sad thing is, you cannot put 3 fans on radiators with 27mm thickness. For the full size fan between the radiator and PSU the radiator must be slide in all the way to the front panel right?

BUT there's these curved edges that do not allow the 'front' of the radiator to sit flush, instead pushing it upwards by 2-3mm, making the rad + slim fan up top exceed the clearance, and thus not able to close the top panel. The pictures are for the EK AIO 240 D-RGB.

I expect the LT240 / TX240 rad to not have an issue since they are both thinner than the EK rad by 2 and 7mm respectively. I'll test fit my TX240 tonight after work, wanted fit 3x A12x25 on the TX240 but at this rate it doesn't look possible ?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Started putting components last night and early this morning before I go to work. Sad thing is, you cannot put 3 fans on radiators with 27mm thickness. For the full size fan between the radiator and PSU the radiator must be slide in all the way to the front panel right?

BUT there's these curved edges that do not allow the 'front' of the radiator to sit flush, instead pushing it upwards by 2-3mm, making the rad + slim fan up top exceed the clearance, and thus not able to close the top panel. The pictures are for the EK AIO 240 D-RGB.

I expect the LT240 / TX240 rad to not have an issue since they are both thinner than the EK rad by 2 and 7mm respectively. I'll test fit my TX240 tonight after work, wanted fit 3x A12x25 on the TX240 but at this rate it doesn't look possible ?

That's a bummer for sure...I've tried full thickness fans on a TX240, and the clearance isn't there for them except 1 in the front. Maybe you will have a creative way to solve it

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
That's a bummer for sure...I've tried full thickness fans on a TX240, and the clearance isn't there for them except 1 in the front. Maybe you will have a creative way to solve it
at least 2x A12x15 + 1x A12x25 is a certainty haha in your build do you use the long bracket to mount the fan+rad or just the short one? I only realised yesterday the long bracket reduces clearance by 2-3mm. Oh things you would only know when you have the case in hand ?

Reactions: Madhawk1995

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
at least 2x A12x15 + 1x A12x25 is a certainty haha in your build do you use the long bracket to mount the fan+rad or just the short one? I only realised yesterday the long bracket reduces clearance by 2-3mm. Oh things you would only know when you have the case in hand ?
that is just related to the radiator manufacturer tolerance.
I had “issues” on mine TX and SE NOT Classic.
I’ve solved it just push strongly the radiator inside. It get scratched, but I don’t care!
I could fit than the third 15mm fan!

There is no point to have the third fan a 25mm one, though!

Keep going man!!

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
that is just related to the radiator manufacturer tolerance.
I had “issues” on mine TX and SE NOT Classic.
I’ve solved it just push strongly the radiator inside. It get scratched, but I don’t care!
I could fit than the third 15mm fan!

There is no point to have the third fan a 25mm one, though!

Keep going man!!
well I want the 25mm fan just because I can ??? I'll make it work over the weekend and hopefully custom loop next week (my Alphacool order is finally leaving Germany today)

Philtt

Cable Smoosher
May 30, 2020
Hi @fabio, there is a new unused HW GTS240 for sale at 50% off the retail.

Any reason not recommending to use this beside the 1mm width to trim?

I do have access to the workshops at my area to help me do it though.

besides, I am still trying to get hold of a black T1. wait for the TX240 or just get the gts240 to tweak it at the meantime.

cheers,

Phil

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi @fabio, there is a new unused HW GTS240 for sale at 50% off the retail.

Any reason not recommending to use this beside the 1mm width to trim?

I do have access to the workshops at my area to help me do it though.

besides, I am still trying to get hold of a black T1. wait for the TX240 or just get the gts240 to tweak it at the meantime.

cheers,

Phil
Well, at 50% I suggest to buy it anyway!
Then, I cannot recommend it because it goes "against" the official specs.
I am happy with it, even with the temporary bulging of the side panel. (I will sand it as well, or I try at least)
Just keep in mind that this is a DIY solution, where the radiator gets scratched etc. So, if it is your first waterloop, I suggest to stay with the TX (BUT, buy the GTS for a future upgrade!).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
well I want the 25mm fan just because I can ??? I'll make it work over the weekend and hopefully custom loop next week (my Alphacool order is finally leaving Germany today)
Ahahahah, that is a good point!!
BUT, it's always better to match the fan flow/static pressure, especially in a push/pull!
Try also to use the higher brackets to mount the radiator, I think also @DrHudacris is using those, and seems it fits???
But wait for his to reply on this! ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Ahahahah, that is a good point!!
BUT, it's always better to match the fan flow/static pressure, especially in a push/pull!
Try also to use the higher brackets to mount the radiator, I think also @DrHudacris is using those, and seems it fits???
But wait for his to reply on this! ?
yeah, that's why I asked which bracket he was using. Ideally I'd like the fans to match like you said but my preference goes like this - 3 full >> 1 full + 2 slim >> 3 slim. for the scruffs/scratches, there's already plenty on the rad and inner parts of the case. The tolerance is crazy tight ?

BTW 3x A12x25 seems to back on the table thanks to @MrBuddha , from his picture the TX240 doesn't have to be pushed right up against the front lid and sits flat on the mounting rail ???

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
yeah, that's why I asked which bracket he was using. Ideally I'd like the fans to match like you said but my preference goes like this - 3 full >> 1 full + 2 slim >> 3 slim
for the scruffs/scratches, there's already plenty on the rad and inner parts of the case. The tolerance is crazy tight ?

BTW 3x A12x25 seems to back on the table thanks to @MrBuddha , from his picture the TX240 doesn't have to be pushed right up against the front lid and sits flat on the mounting rail ???

That was already possible! The TX can be pushed inside the front structure, you just need to press a bit ?
But Forget the 3 A12x25??? Maybe, MAYBE, only if you remove the bracket actually...
Shit, I want to try it now! But in that case, the 3rd A12 is useless! ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
That was already possible! The TX can be pushed inside the front structure, you just need to press a bit ?
But Forget the 3 A12x25??? Maybe, MAYBE, only if you remove the bracket actually...
Shit, I want to try it now! But in that case, the 3rd A12 is useless! ?
Yes, remove the bracket, and I'm thinking there's a bit of play on the motherboard mounting so maybe nudge it a little for an extra 1mm clearance? ?