Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I am thinking about adding a 2.5” drive behind the PSU mounted with double sided tape. Not sure how the heat from the psu will affect the drive the though. I’m not sure I can get a drive behind the front panel with the DC-LT 40 in the way.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I am thinking about adding a 2.5” drive behind the PSU mounted with double sided tape. Not sure how the heat from the psu will affect the drive the though. I’m not sure I can get a drive behind the front panel with the DC-LT 40 in the way.
I pay attention, but I think the heat will be quite annoying. Is there a gap to put it on the bottom panel?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I
i looked into it a a few days ago as well. a couple guys did a deep dive on it in 2010/2011 on chiphell and basically concluded that the performance was underwhelming (even for its thickness). potential issues with the way to the tubes are set up, or how they're soldered to the fins, or how they fins themselves are set up (straight instead of folded) resulting in noticeably weaker performance than other common radiators out at that time.

i did go ahead and order the 25mm-thick radiator w/ extra port last week that w360 previously mentioned, so i'll see how that compares to the "ST25" once it gets here.
Is that rad Copper or Aluminium?

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Is that rad Copper or Aluminium?
copper. also received pic from shipping proxy earlier and can confirm that that taobao listing has fill port + doesn't look too bad-

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Already arrived today

Made 5 calls to DHL, apologize for being rude.. asking where is my package.. >_<

But here it is..
Need 10 days after received my tracking number.

My Short review is
1. Build quality is great also the mess panel, you should be strong enough or crazy enough to bent this panel
2. Love the box, plain also another cardboard inside the T1
3. Since is two tone, my first thing is silver and black 50:50 but with black mesh panel.. i think i will order silver mesh panel.
4. thinking about my another build, will waiting Ampere or Big Navi first
--
My anxiety problem is
1. Who put tape in T1 box? really annoys me :v
2. Well, i love plain box without any marking on it, but please @Wahaha360 I think some minimalist logo will great for T1
--
(I'm sorry, i'm a tamiya box collector-so small detail is everthing for me.. Haha)
--
Trying to assemble after my others job finish.. Oh, i need to pays US$40 for customs not including with DHL Service US$10

Thanks @Wahaha360 and your great team.. love this case.
--
Edited for some details

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: x111 and DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I think you have space for the SSD behind the front panel!
BTW, mine with velcro, on the back of the PSU, is the main drive, and reach max 45/46C under load.
In general it use to stays around 40C, but still, the temp are in the LOW side!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
copper. also received pic from shipping proxy earlier and can confirm that that taobao listing has fill port + doesn't look too bad-
Seems pretty nice!
I have the Magicool G2 arriving instead!
Love all this! Thanks to the T1 we are testing a lot of things that no one did before!

Reactions: Khanele

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
All you guys receiving the case are making me hella jealous. 2 and a half weeks since shipping and mine is still in China, having received the same message on 17track (The airline is shipping) 6 days apart (shipping to UK)

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
All you guys receiving the case are making me hella jealous. 2 and a half weeks since shipping and mine is still in China, having received the same message on 17track (The airline is shipping) 6 days apart (shipping to UK)
you may want to cross check with ems.post too. For my tracking, it actually showed the update of when my case reached VN like 5-6 hours before 17track did

Reactions: DrHudacris

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

I prefer DHL in this moment.. EMS still have some trouble with other destination.. But EMS is save with their insurance..

Got my case delivered today as well. Can't wait to get off work and start playing with it. Although I've seen many pictures from others, still very very impressed with the flat-packing ?

Hmm.. didnt you get another box to open or just T1 box??

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Hmm.. didnt you get another box to open or just T1 box??
that is the only box that I received. If there was another box, VN customs must have thrown that out. They open every package coming into to VN and the reseal it with the EMS branded tape that you see in the picture

knievil

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 3, 2020
I received my T1 package today (in Sydney Australia) but it seems I must be missing a piece - one of the short brackets - super excited for the build though...

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
that is the only box that I received. If there was another box, VN customs must have thrown that out. They open every package coming into to VN and the reseal it with the EMS branded tape that you see in the picture

Ah, I see.. so you are Vietnam? I hope i can go to that Country.. Someday..

I received my T1 package today (in Sydney Australia) but it seems I must be missing a piece - one of the short brackets - super excited for the build though...

Maybe you can check this post T1 Manual hope your part complete..

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
If anyone has been waiting for the Corsair SF750 power supply at a reasonable price they are back on their US website now. the 600 watt platinum is also listed. Hurry before they are gone.

Reactions: PBJ and DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
so I finished putting the case together, took a few hours and a few trials and errors but it was so enjoyable working with the pieces. Does anybody get the Lego vibe? Or it's just me? ? ? ? And is it strange that I get so much out of just toying with the empty case, not even putting the components inside yet ???

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Hi @Wahaha360 my understanding was that we only got our tracking numbers once our package is on a plane right? I've seen several people on the reddit stuck on this step "Guangzhou City, leaving the Guangzhou International Center, the next stop "Guangzhou International Exchange Station" (via transfer)" and I assumed that the next update was going to be that the package arrived at the destination country, but I'm seeing people with an updated tracking that says "Airline is shipping". So are the packages stuck on the Guangzhou International Center actually on a plane or not? Not trying to be rude I'd just like to know what to expect.

I know delays are to be expected but I just want to know if yes or no my package is on a plane, if it is I can expect it here in 7-10 days (my tracking is stuck on Guangzhou International Center since the 28th) but if it's not then It could be coming in a month or more.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hi @Wahaha360 my understanding was that we only got our tracking numbers once our package is on a plane right? I've seen several people on the reddit stuck on this step "Guangzhou City, leaving the Guangzhou International Center, the next stop "Guangzhou International Exchange Station" (via transfer)" and I assumed that the next update was going to be that the package arrived at the destination country, but I'm seeing people with an updated tracking that says "Airline is shipping". So are the packages stuck on the Guangzhou International Center actually on a plane or not? Not trying to be rude I'd just like to know what to expect.

I know delays are to be expected but I just want to know if yes or no my package is on a plane, if it is I can expect it here in 7-10 days (my tracking is stuck on Guangzhou International Center since the 28th) but if it's not then It could be coming in a month or more.

Wahaha360 is sleeping right now so I will answer this

As I have mentioned in many posts, air freight is VERY limited these days due to the lack of passenger flights moving around the world. Passenger flights carry air freight too in order to off set costs. Your package is stuck because it is waiting for room on a flight to your destination. This is how global logistics works these days. It sucks but there is nothing @Wahaha360 can do once it is handed off to the shipping company.

Even in North America cross border shipping is a crap shoot, I've had a package sitting in Chicago for the last week waiting for a ride to Canada. Nothing I can do but wait even though it's a key part of my watercooling loop.

We all have to be patient because everything is taking longer these days.

Reactions: zenpressocup