Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Got my tubes in and decided to have the fans next to the top panel. @fabio suggested that as it was a little quieter in his testing. Also my mobo was right up against the fans and I was worried about cables getting caught in the fans. I copied Fabio’s tubing run from his first build also. Gonna take a quick break before I fill it, but if anyone has any changes I should make please let me know.

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
I finished my build. It was my first SFF build and was a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. At some point, I was starting to wonder if I would be able to pull it off with all the cables I had to somehow fit in there. Honestly, mad props to @fabio and everyone else out there with crazy builds. Also, a big thank you to @Wahaha360 for making such an amazing case. It really is incredible the amount of things you can fit in such a limited volume. Cheers everyone!

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I finished my build. It was my first SFF build and was a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. At some point, I was starting to wonder if I would be able to pull it off with all the cables I had to somehow fit in there. Honestly, mad props to @fabio and everyone else out there with crazy builds. Also, a big thank you to @Wahaha360 for making such an amazing case. It really is incredible the amount of things you can fit in such a limited volume. Cheers everyone!

You have the case sideways, interesting. Thermals I'd imagine will be just fine though

Also, you mentioned that "I had initially thought I would have a flipped case and PSU but I later found out that a flipped PSU didn't work with a 2.5 inch SSD", but the 2.5 inch SSD should still work with the PSU flipped, I was able to have a 2.5" SSD in both the flipped and regular PSU orientations.
I think your problem was that you couldn't screw the side of the PSU bracket into the front of the case, is this correct? Because I found that I didn't really need that to be screwed in (didn't even know it could be screwed in there when I was building my case) and the PSU was just as sturdy as it was in regular orientation. But with how you have the case oriented, you should be fine either way.

Reactions: jrvd007

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
You have the case sideways, interesting. Thermals I'd imagine will be just fine though

Also, you mentioned that "I had initially thought I would have a flipped case and PSU but I later found out that a flipped PSU didn't work with a 2.5 inch SSD", but the 2.5 inch SSD should still work with the PSU flipped, I was able to have a 2.5" SSD in both the flipped and regular PSU orientations.
I think your problem was that you couldn't screw the side of the PSU bracket into the front of the case, is this correct? Because I found that I didn't really need that to be screwed in (didn't even know it could be screwed in there when I was building my case) and the PSU was just as sturdy as it was in regular orientation. But with how you have the case oriented, you should be fine either way.

I expect thermals to be fine as well. Regarding the flipped PSU, the problem wasn't the fact I couldn't screw the SSD in. It was that the SSD, once screwed in, was flush with the PSU. I therefore couldn't plug anything into it. Maybe if I flip the SSD and didn't screw it in I could indeed flip the PSU. Maybe something to try out down the road :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I expect thermals to be fine as well. Regarding the flipped PSU, the problem wasn't the fact I couldn't screw the SSD in. It was that the SSD, once screwed in, was flush with the PSU. I therefore couldn't plug anything into it. Maybe if I flip the SSD and didn't screw it in I could indeed flip the PSU. Maybe something to try out down the road :)
I see, I think I experienced this as well, I just had to get a sata cable with a straight connector on the end instead of a 90 degree one. Here's an old pic of my build with a 2.5" drive and a flipped PSU

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
I see, I think I experienced this as well, I just had to get a sata cable with a straight connector on the end instead of a 90 degree one. Here's an old pic of my build with a 2.5" drive and a flipped PSU

Yes actually I used your previous build as an idea for mine ;) I remembered you having trouble with that so I had both cables. It still was too big however. It is so flush against the PSU that anything you try to plug gets in the way even if it's a straight cable because the part that connects from the cable is larger than the SSD (a custom cable would most likely be ok).

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yes actually I used your previous build as an idea for mine ;) I remembered you having trouble with that so I had both cables. It still was too big however. It is so flush against the PSU that anything you try to plug gets in the way even if it's a straight cable because the part that connects from the cable is larger than the SSD (a custom cable would most likely be ok).
You could always space the PSU a bit away from the SSD and move it more towards the PSU, that would probably give you the room you need. There's 4 holes on the strut where you mount the PSU, just use the two holes closest to the MB. This is what I did, maybe it will work for you. If it doesn't, oh well, it should still work perfectly!

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Just came in today. Lighting is bad in this room, but not gonna take any glamour shots; at least not until it's built. Been following this case since Jan 4 2019 and very glad to finally get my hands on it. Everything feels more premium than my Ghost s1 and the mesh panels are unbelievably sturdy, no flex at all. I'm very glad I went with the 2 tone over the all black. Just want to give my thanks to @Wahaha360 for making this case a reality.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Reactions: MrBuddha

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
I believe someone has tried this radiator already. It does fit, but IIRC correctly, the performance isn't that great. Something about the water tubes ...
If you want a green rad in 6 months because of oxidation go ahead

Dr. Wasn't sure if had been tested or not. That's a bummer!

Gwertheim, I think the term you're looking for it patina and some people find it "classy" ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Dr. Wasn't sure if had been tested or not. That's a bummer!

Gwertheim, I think the term you're looking for it patina and some people find it "classy" ?

I have worked as a plumber and it's nasty looking.

I have worked as a cook where I had to polish copper cookware once a month so it won't turn green. The shine of clean copper is classy

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
I believe someone has tried this radiator already. It does fit, but IIRC correctly, the performance isn't that great. Something about the water tubes ...
i looked into it a a few days ago as well. a couple guys did a deep dive on it in 2010/2011 on chiphell and basically concluded that the performance was underwhelming (even for its thickness). potential issues with the way to the tubes are set up, or how they're soldered to the fins, or how they fins themselves are set up (straight instead of folded) resulting in noticeably weaker performance than other common radiators out at that time.

i did go ahead and order the 25mm-thick radiator w/ extra port last week that w360 previously mentioned, so i'll see how that compares to the "ST25" once it gets here.

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
You could always space the PSU a bit away from the SSD and move it more towards the PSU, that would probably give you the room you need. There's 4 holes on the strut where you mount the PSU, just use the two holes closest to the MB. This is what I did, maybe it will work for you. If it doesn't, oh well, it should still work perfectly!
You sir, are brilliant. You are absolutely right! I hadn't thought about the other holes. Moving it back just a little will most certainly give me the sufficient space. Thank you! I will have to do that in the near future.